Chapter 3

My Cinderella

Ji Hyo called the taxi while hiding at the back of the building, finally realized that she lose one shoe. She looked panic, but she’s even more panic when she saw the guy just now. She relieved that she’s now away from her childhood friend, Lee Kwang Soo. Kwang Soo was her neighbor so they were really close back then. Even now, actually. But, his bad habit comes every time he see Ji Hyo wearing feminine outfit like this dress.

 

 

Flashback-10 years ago

 

Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo were ready for the prom night and like they promised, they went there together by walk. As soon as he saw Ji Hyo, he bursts out laughing, “HAHAHAAHAAAAAAAA WTF ARE YOU WEARING JI HYO YAH!”

 

Ji Hyo, who wore a nice pink dress with a small cute ribbon, felt offended. “YAH!!!” Ji Hyo grabbed his hair. “How dare you!” She’s really sulking, making the girin felt a little sorry for her.

 

“ Ji-ji Hyo yah, mian.I-I don’t mean it to…” He said sorry to her.

 

(KS) Actually, she’s not that bad in girly dress,quite cute and pretty…

 

Kwang soo smiles widely seeing her like this, made Ji Hyo felt weird. “Wae? Why are you smiling like an idiot, Kwang Soo-yah?”

 

“No, nothing…”, he replied, but then he took out his polaroid, “Let’s take a selca!”

 

And she didn’t know that it was a trap…

 

 

2 weeks later

 

“Song Ji Hyo! Remember the other day that you wore the pink dress that’s so unlike you? Ta-dahhh!” He said happily, showing the photo.

 

“Andwaeeeee… Yah girin! Give it to meeeee!” She screamed loudly. But that girin just won’t listen to her.

 

“Treat me an ice cream or I won’t give it to you! WEK!”

 

-End of Flashback-

 

 

“Aish, that stupid guy. Why on earth I did this ridiculous things because of you? Aigoo…” She sighed. She mumbled again when she saw the taxi. “Enough said, Ji Hyo-yah, let’s just go home,” she talked to herself as she walked into the taxi barefooted, with one heel at her hand.

 

 

 

A week later

 

Ji Hyo rushed to an appointment, since her CEO was stuck in a jam. She remembered how her boss forced her to entertain the client and apologize, to buy some time.

 

She hurriedly went in the Seoul Kitchen, and she clumsily bumped into someone in black suit.

 

“Aaah! OMO!” Ji Hyo shouts as a cup of coffee spills on her black-white checkered shirt.

 

“Are you blind or what??” Jong Kook gives his annoyed look to the tomboyish girl with a cap in front of him.

 

“Excuse me, sir?? Your coffee spilled on my shirt! Don’t you think you should apologize?” She strikes back.

 

“Can’t you see clearly what on my shirt, MR? The coffee spilled on mine, too! My suits are far more expensive than yours, and FYI, you are the clumsy one, causing this chaos. So think, who should apologize,huh?” He said.

 

Ji Hyo froze as she look carefully at the guy. She finally back to her sense, realizing that the guy that she bumped just now was Kim Jong Kook, the same guy at the event a week ago. “I’m so… sorry, sir. I… I didn’t intend…”, she didn’t finished her sentence as she saw Suk Jin went into cafe.

 

“Aigoo, sir… I’m.. I’m really sorry for the chaos she caused.”, Suk Jin said, bowed 90 degrees to Jong Kook.

 

Ji Hyo surprised with her boss’s act, and Suk Jin pulled her along to bow together. She refused to, made her boss frustrated.

 

“Yah, just apologize properly, can you?” Suk Jin asks.

 

“Shiro~. Anyway, I already apologized when you interrupted us, sir!”, She protested.

 

Meanwhile, Jong Kook who just watched the drama in front of him, finally spoke, “Okay, okay guys. Just stop the act already.” Then, he looked at Suk Jin before added, “Omo, Mr. Ji Suk Jin, look at how rude your worker to me? Do you ever taught her some manners?”

 

“I recommend you to fire this girl. She need to be punished so she can back to her senses.” Jong Kook added. Then he just walk away to his seat in the cafe.

 

Suk Jin felt really embarrassed with the comment and at how people in the cafe are paying attention to them right now. He grabbed her hand and dragged her outside. “Song Ji Hyo-shi! What are you doing right now?” He crossed his arms, tried to calm down while Ji Hyo always look at the floor, feeling guilty.

 

“I’m…I’m sorry sir, it is an accident.” She explained.

 

“Did you know who is that guy? He is our client, Ji Hyo-yah!”. Suk Jin took a deep breath, before he continues, “I’ve told you, right? He is the owner of KJK Holdings, our main client of all… Aigoo, Ji Hyo- yah… What should I do with you?”

 

(JH) No way! KJK Holdings owner…that guy… I’m dead!

 

“Again, I’m truly sorry sir… It’s an accident, I swear!” She defended herself.

 

“Andwae, this can’t let go just like that”, Suk Jin thinks hard. “I’m sorry but you’re fired now!” He said.

 

“Mwuh,wae sir? Please don’t make it a big deal please…” Ji Hyo did a sorry sign. “I promise that I will not do that again, sir….”, she added.

 

“I said no,Ji Hyo-shi!” He raised his voice, but it clearly seems that he also felt that it is too much as a punishment for Ji Hyo.

 

“Look, I’m happy that I had you as my PA, but please leave now, Ji Hyo-yah”. Suk Jin left her brokenhearted, while he glanced to Jong Kook who is smiling inside the cafe.

 

(SJ) That’s how much we need to obey him, Ji Hyo-yah. I’m really sorry…

 

Meanwhile, Ji Hyo was crying heavily, and she ran away to ease her heart…