Chapter 2

My Cinderella

(The day, 4.00 p.m., Ji Min’s house) Ji Min is really excited for this night’s event. She take out the dresses in the cupboard that she bought for Ji Hyo and herself. But, it seems that not the same for Ji Hyo. She is in a deep sleep at her best friend’s couch, as if nothing is waiting for her tonight. Ji Min brought the beautiful dress to the living room, and she’s truly shocked to see her best friend lying like that.

 

“Yah!! Song Ji Hyo... What are you doing? Wake up!” Ji Min said angrily, while shaking her buddy’s body. Not responding, Ji Min throw her pillow into Ji Hyo’s face, making Ji Hyo awake straight away. 

 

“Aish... Yah, what do you want?” Ji Hyo said in half-awake condition. 

 

Ji Min looked at her, feeling irritated, “ What do I want? Now, please wake up and get ready for tonight’s event, pabo!”

 

“Shiro~~” Ji Hyo said, jokingly.

 

“Yah, you better go and get ready before I kill you!” Ji Min said. Then she hand over Ji Hyo’s dress. 

 

“Neh, Miss Bossy... Grrr, I were the one who asked you to follow me, and now, you were instructing me here and there.” Ji Hyo said while walking to the guest room with her dress.

 

After taking a bath, Ji Hyo finally take a good look at her dress before wearing it, “Emmm, thank goodness that this dress is black... It is quite nice”. 

 

They spent about 3 hours to trim their hair and Ji Min’s operation to makeover Ji Hyo. Then, they went to the event by driving Ji Min’s car. 

 

 

At the event

 

Ji Hyo felt really nervous and anxious as she’s never been in such a big event before. Furthermore, she’s wearing a tight dress and full make up, which does not suits her at all.

 

As soon as both of them going into the building, Gary, Ji Min’s boyfriend approaches her.

 

“Hi, babe... Wow, you look stunning tonight. And hei, is it you Song Ji Hyo-shii? You look different, huh...”

 

“Oppa, don’t tell me that you’re already drunk, the event is not even started yet...” Ji Min said, feeling sulky. “ Anyway, gaja oppa... Ji Hyo-yah, mianhae that I left you here, hehe... It’s not my fault that my bf is a company owner, daaa...” Ji Min added while grabbing Gary’s hand, leaving Ji Hyo alone. 

 

“Yah,yah! How dare you leaving me alone here, aishhh... No wonder that she looked 100 times excited than I do... Ottoke now?” Ji Hyo mumbling alone. She took a deep breath and walk slowly with her heels into the big hall. 

 

“Wow!!! Its such a big hall, and those people are smart and pretty too... Aish, now I’m felt really small, with all those rich people around me...” Ji Hyo monologued. She’s looking around to find the most comfortable space for her at this place. She sat at the furthest table at the end of the hall, with the company of a cup of orange juice that has just been placed by the server. To reduce her loneliness, she keep scrolling her phone until she felt annoyed herself. “Haish, seriously... What am I doing here? Its such a burdensome...”

 

Suddenly, Ji Hyo got a message from her boss.

 

From: Big Boss

Song Ji Hyo-shi, I’m so sorry to trouble you... Knowing you, you must be bored at that event right? I almost forgot to tell you, please don’t introduce yourself as my PA, okay? I give you permission to use my name, just say that you’re my niece or little sister. FYI, that company is really big that we could do anything we can to cooperate with them. Just that, they really obsessed with power and money till you might get kicked out if you’re not in their standard. Anyway, take care of yourself, okay? 

 

She sighed. “Ugh... I don’t even talk to anyone at this point. Thanks for the advice, boss.” She continued scrolling her phone. 

 

“Ehem... Excuse me, I heard that you need someone to talk to, isn’t?” Suddenly, a handsome guy in a black tuxedo approached her. He casually sat on the chair, beside Ji Hyo’s.

She shocked, never imagined that someone actually heard her. “Err... Aniyo, you must’ve mistaken...” She pretended to be cool, but she’s not. I don’t know why, but I’m extremely nervous right now... she even avoided her eye contact with him, and taking a deep breath to slow her heartbeat. 

 

Jong Kook smiled. How cute... You’ve been observed since at the entrance just now. Don’t try to fool me, pretty woman... “Oh, I’m sorry then... By the way, my name is Kim Jong Kook.” He introduced himself and gladly ready to shake her hand. 

 

While for Ji Hyo, she’s frozen for a while, her eyes was wide opened from shocked. She suddenly remembered the message just now, making her freeze even longer.

 

“Huh?” She finally returned to reality. “Oh, mianhae, I... I have to go.” She’s making excuses. But, as she gets up, suddenly she cannot balance herself, “Ahhh!!” 

 

Luckily Jong Kook is close enough to save her. His quick response made him hugged her tightly, wrapping her waist with his bulky arms.

 

(JH) Omo... All this while, no man ever looked at me as a true woman. This guy, he save me, he hugged me... My heart is going to burst right now...

 

Jong Kook loosen his hug after a while... “Mian, miss... Its just my quick reflect, are you okay?”

 

Ji Hyo smiled. “Don’t be sorry, you saved me. Thanks...” She’s about to introduce herself when suddenly she saw...

 

(JH)Andwaeeee.... What is he doing here?

 

She’s looking around, quickly remove her heels and run away to the exit, leaving Jong Kook alone.

Jong Kook whose still in shock, followed her as far as he can but then, she’s already gone...

 

At the carpark, he’s looking for any sign of her and what did he found is one one of the heels that she wore just now, left behind on the floor.

 

He don’t hesitate to pick it up, positively sure that it was hers.

 

(JK) Aish... Really, Who are you actually?