Home

Songs to Learn and Sing

Their bedroom felt pleasantly cold as they lay on top of their sheets in sweatpants and t-shirts, despite the blaring heat outside their airconditioned room. Changed out of sweaty clothes and newly showered the both of them, they fell onto their bed with relieved sighs – ready to sleep forever.

There was no alarm that would be waking them the next day.

Jaehwan was tired, but distracted by his busy mind he found himself staring at the roof of their room – sleep refusing to embrace him. His thoughts seemed to want his attention this night. He stared for a long time, but the noise within him only became louder.

He sighed; frustrated.

“Do you ever just want to leave here?” He ended up murmuring into the darkness. He was expecting Wonshik to already be long gone and asleep already, but a sleepy grunt from beside him proved him wrong. Wonshik was hugging the pillow with his face away from Jaehwan, and turned his head with a grunt to look at him.

“Do you?” He asked with a voice gruff from sleep and tiredness. Jaehwan always envied how easily he was able to fall asleep.

“Sometimes I wonder if there’s somewhere better.” He answered thoughtfully, voice so soft it’s almost a whisper – but easy to hear in the quiet of the room.

“If you want to go somewhere, I’ll go with you.” Wonshik sounded so sleepy when he said it, and honestly – for all Jaehwan could know – he might be half asleep already. He turns his head to look at Wonshik and his eyes are closed and breathing quiet and even.

Moving his arm and body with great effort, Jaehwan turned to lie on his side and face the younger. His hand found Wonshik’s face and caressed it so softly and carefully he could manage, earning a low hum. He moved Wonshik’s hair out of his face and he opened a single eye to look at Jaehwan.

“This is your home, though…” Jaehwan whispered to him.

Wonshik lifted his head to nuzzle his chin and mouth into the older’s soft hand, and gave him the smallest kiss in his palm.

“No.” He kissed again and Jaehwan’s palm tingled at the sensation of Wonshik’s light breathing. “You are.”

Jaehwan’s insides melted and he almost groaned as a tearful lump developed in his abdomen, threatening to make his eyes well with tears, and he leans in to kiss the side of his mouth tenderly. Wonshik hummed in appreciation; finally taking the initiative to turn his body around to lie on his back, despite his exhausted and heavy body. Then strong hands gripped onto Jaehwan and he’s dragged over to lie on Wonshik’s stomach.

He settled himself on top of the other, arms and chin resting on his chest – rising and falling in time with his breathing. Arms hugged around him casually, and he feels his warmth spread around him pleasantly. Wonshik settled as well; eyes closing and giving a final, content sigh.

“You’re such a sap.” Jaehwan murmured as he studied his peaceful face. His eyes opened slowly and looked down at him with a very unimpressed look. He knew he was no better, he could see him thinking.

“No comment.” He said.

It made Jaehwan snort, his entire body moving from the action and making Wonshik groan quietly – but the arms around Jaehwan tightened their grip anyway.

Feeling warm, tired and comfortable; Jaehwan sighed and let his mind drift away as his breathing slowly softened and the room became less and less present – the sound of Wonshik’s soft breathing a comforting lullaby.