First Meeting

The Story of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 21, 2012 -  KBS Immortal Song 2 (Ailee, Dongwoo and Sunggyu)

"Do you think we have a shot at winning?"

"As long as we don't get picked first then I think we have a good chance," Sunggyu replied as he stood up from his seat. Dongwoo followed behind him as they walked out of the dressing room.

"That's good. Who do you think will be hard competition?" Dongwoo asked looking around trying to catch a glimpse of those who would be on the show. "Everybody. Hong Kyungmin, Ulala Session, Younha... They're all amazing." Dongwoo nodded before asking another question. "Anybody you definitely don't want to go against?" Sunggyu didn't have to think twice. “Ailee. "

"Ailee?" Dongwoo asked a bit confused. The name sounded familiar but no one came to mind.

"Yeah you know the rookie? Heaven?" At that Sunggyu began singing "Heaven, heaven, heaven..."

"Ah okay yeah I know who it is now. Is she tough competition?"

"Have you not seen the show? She's amazing and the audience seems to always love her," Sunggyu replied lowering his voice as they began arriving to the guest room.

"I've only seen it a few times. Well from her debut song it definitely seems like she's talented," Dongwoo replied as Sunggyu stopped and turned to look at him. Only he would be entering the guest room while Dongwoo would be waiting for their turn to perform in another room.

"You have no idea. Anyways, go over there and wait. I didn‘t want a lot of people to see you so it could be a surprise," Sunggyu said pushing Dongwoo away.

"I'm going!"

Sunggyu simply chuckled as he entered the guest room and took his seat. Dongwoo slowly walked back to the waiting room trying to ignore the sudden nerves he was feeling.

"Ailee!"

Dongwoo turned at the sound of the name and watched as a girl quickly walked toward the guest room. She apologized and with a smile headed into the room. Yet before entering she turned to look back and Dongwoo swore she smiled at him.

Suddenly he felt even more nervous. It was his first time seeing her in person and just her smile had him feeling nervous. Walking into the waiting room he began practicing his part in the performance.

He suddenly wanted to try harder and impress those watching.

~~~~~

It had to be a joke.

"Infinite's Sunggyu!"

Dongwoo let out a small groan before standing up. Just their luck that they had to be picked third. At least they weren't going against Ailee...

They performed Woman on the Beach by Cool. It was an awesome performance as Dongwoo and Baby Soul both featured in it. They won with 373 points. The hugged and shook hands with the other performer before heading backstage.

"We won a round!" Sunggyu said happily as he took a seat. Dongwoo nodded as he began thinking about what the others had thought about it. Especial

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter