[OO2] Winter's Miracle

Requiem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER TWO; WINTER MIRACLE[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]YOU WERE A RISK, A MYSTERY, AND THE MOST CERTAIN THING I'D EVER KNOWN.[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]His eyes slowly fluttered open although as he blinked multiple times to clear his vision of the blur of slumber before he absorbed in the small details of where he was and what happened. Hardwood floors, log stacked walls, and a sharp scent of an aging cabin. In short, Hyunwoo hadn't a clue where he was.

The scent of the fabric of the bed was a rather familiar smell but nonetheless, he couldn't remember, it was on the tip of his tongue but he ran out of luck especially with his condition deteriorated to this point. 

Deteriorated? 

He gasped as he shot up in bed in realization, a loud groan of pain muffled with the clamping of his teeth together. 

"Hyung! He's awake!"

Hyunwoo heard a voice in the distance, his head swarming with questions of predetermined danger as he managed to completely remove his frame from the bed. Then the door opened for him to only be greeted by a face he once knew, a face he knew long before his current life, his previous life of a royal.

"....Relax..your wounds will open again." Mark entered the room with a tray of food in one hand and a cup of water in the other, his face neutral of any discomfort of being near him or even the slightest notion that he would attack the injured male with questions.

"Where's Hana?" Hyunwoo immediately questioned his long-estranged and forgotten cousin, his sister's whereabouts being unknown threw him off into a deep end of somewhere he definitely didn't want to be.

"She's...." 

Hyunwoo grew jittery, his legs turning to mush as he listened to his friend pause in his sentence. He imagined the worst. How could he forgive himself if he allowed his one and only sister to die in front of him and worst of all, with him still alive? No, he wouldn't be able to take it. It would break him into two.

"Alive. Broken for sure, but nonetheless...alive." It was as if Mark was taking his time in order to find the right words to break into to him, his welfare just as fragile as the younger sister laying in the healing ward with one of his pack members.

He breathed out with a deep sigh of relief.

"Where is she? Let me see her, I have to see her." 

He didn't listen before he started to charge for the door and Mark knew better than to stop him in his tracks, after all, if Hyunwoo was still a royal back at the Wolf Kingdom, he'd be the alpha of his royal wolf pack. Mark never agreed to his father's actions or decisions, he found him disgusting which irked him to move out and away from him as far as possible to somewhere he couldn't lay his hands on him nor his pack.

"Youngjae's healing her right now..well, he has been all night long." Mark placed the tray down before he followed up with him.

Hyunwoo followed the scent of Hana, a subtle stench of her fresh blood still lingering in the air, eventually finding his way.

"She lost blood and had a broken back when we found her, she nearly didn't make it last night but we kept a close watch and Youngjae has been replenishing her with blood and mending her bones. She has a fever now and one of her wounds are infected. I can't imagine how long you guys were out there." 

He explained himself not only because he would want to know if he was in Hyunwoo's shoes but because he knew his cousin wouldn't relax until the entire story of what exactly occurred while he was out of loops. 

"....Thank you.." Hyunwoo whispered, watching Hana through the glass window as he pressed his forehead against it. He was choking up, the tears glossing over his eyes. If it was a few weeks or even a few days ago, he would show nobody but now, he was at his lowest and weakest point. He was tired, tired of running and watching those he care about suffer. Lee Hyunwoo was a broken man without his parents and without the embrace of the only person he loved in this world.

"I don't know if you want to know this and this might not be a good time but.." Mark rubbed the back of his neck as he leaned against the wall of the hallway, sighing in hesitance, not knowing if this was the right thing to do. 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter