[OO1] Run

Requiem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER ONE; RUN[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] AFTER THE GAME, THE KING AND THE PAWN GOES INTO THE SAME BOX.[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] Hyunwoo shot through the trees, ripping from one to another as sweat dribbled down his forehead. He couldn't look back, not that he couldn't, but rather that he wouldn't. Hana was gathered in his arms as a soft whimper could be heard from her.

It was only him and his sister, his precious baby sister who knew nothing but family. 

They were known as the royal siblings to all wolf packs, not a single one didn't know of their existence which ultimately put them in harm's way. Their parents were the King and Queen. Were. At a very young age, their parents were thrown from the crown by a man whom he called his uncle, and with Hyunwoo bundled up in their arms during nightfall-- they fled. They have been living in secret and on the run ever since.

The sun was setting on the horizon, shadows blanketing over the land and Hyunwoo didn't slow down. He didn't dare.

"Oppa..." 16-year-old Hana whimpered as she heard the wolfs in the distance, the heavy stench of blood making her sick. 

He knew without her telling him, they were on their own now, with no family to call their own but each other. The tears gathered around his eyes, his heart racing in his ears as he even then didn't dare to say a single word. Here, once again, were they on the run and this time it was just the two of them. 

"Your Highness..." A howl dripping with teasing venom echoed in this distance. 

"--"

The guards caught up and with their parents gone, they were the targets.

Hyunwoo slammed his foot against the trunk of the tree, launching the opposite way in hopes of escaping from the wolf on his tail.

*No, please.*

He was tackled to the ground and it only took moments for fear to grip him like a hostage as his grip on Hana loosened. The attack sent the three of them diving into the cold snow covered ground, the mist of their breaths leaving trails as the sound of bones breaking against the now collapsed ground echoed throughout the veiled forest.

A large wolf hovered over him, fangs bared with menace and its his claw spiraling into the body of the human formed wolf.

Hana choked as the impact crushed her back, strangling for air. Her vision was blurred, black dots covering her sight while she tried desperately to compose herself to not put her and her brother in a worse position than they already were. 

Hyunwoo only had minutes to spare before the rest of the guard pack would arrive and he had to deal with this beta before it was too late. He dodged the attack with a spin to his right, a sharp hook against the stomach of the wolf sent it flying off into the distance, trees crushed with its flight.

He crawled onto his stomach, attention momentarily diverted to his younger sister heaving against the dirt ground.

"Han--" 

As fast as lightning, the wolf made its comeback attack, sending  Hyunwoo flying into the frigid waters of the winter as they both struggled for dominance. Blood dyed the waters red, gaping wounds dressed on the two. 

The stench of the blood was strong as multiple howls approached from the distance.

They were losing time, losing their chance to escape.

Hana's eyes rounded at the sight of her brother's wounds, her eyes stunned before narrowing down to a threatening glare. She bared her fangs, her body convulsing and before anybody knew, her screams danced throughout the snowy night. 

She was shifting.

Hyunwoo coughed up blood, his attacker's attention diverted to the source of the scream. 

*Now!*

Hyunwoo grabbed the neck of the wolf, twisting it to the side before landing a swift blow to its neck. The wolf was out cold against the lake.

Hyunwoo wheezed, eyes running over the claw marks and bite marks painting the side of his body, his condition far from alright but he had something worse to worry about.

"Hana...Hana, look at me. Look at me!" He dashed over, screaming over the female's screams as he cupped her face in his hands.

A wolf's first shift was always supervised by the Elders of the Wolves, a shift without them could be fatal. The consciousness of the shifting wolf could possibly envelop them into an eternal slumber. Without a consciousness, the wolf would attack impulsively if they felt threatened and ultimately the shifting could rip the wolf from inside out.

That was mainly the reason why wolves don't stay in their forms for long. They shifted back immediately once they deemed it was safe to.

"Lee Hana!" Hyunwoo begged, shaking his head as he hugged her close. She wasn't completely shifted and he knew he could still try, he had to or else he'd lose her. He pressed her ear against his chest, evening out his breath in order to return his heartbeat to a normal rate. 

He had always been prepared for this by his parents considering they were constantly on the run. Sniper breathing was the technique the family has used for years, the tactical breathing allowing the wolf to rapidly regain control of their body during vulnerable situations. This was more than appropriate.

"Listen to my heart. Count the beats. C'mon, do them with me. 1..2..3..!" He pleaded as he brushed the soaked strands of bloodied hair away from her face. They were too beaten up to flee far and with a semi-conscious person on his back, it was more than a daunting task.

A rustle in the distance captured his attention, her attention. * they're here!* Hyunwoo cursed under his breath, a hand shooting to snake under her knees and another around her back, powering his legs to prepare to jump off into the trees.

But then, she shifted. Completely. The arrival of the guard pack and company pushed her towards demise. 

It clearly took the alpha by surprise to see her royal highness shifted. He never heard of this.

"Hana!" Hyunwoo raced forward to stop her steps as she lu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter