[OO4] Don't Look Back

Requiem
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]CHAPTER FOUR; DON'T LOOK BACK[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]THEY'RE BROKEN BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] It proved to be a solid month before Hana was able to be mobile again, her frame thoroughly traumatized from the abrupt shifting to her wolf form. Hyunwoo was shaken from the events that unfolded before them, every night was spent in his sister's arms, tumbling in a torturous slumber.

Regret flowed through the both of them, the remembrance of the echoed cries of their parents as the two dashed away from the hell-like scene that encompassed what they once called their home, a home that is no longer standing where it once stood and instead burnt to the ground. It was simply a corpse of what it once was.

Mark had his eyes out for the siblings, a nose in the air to reassure himself that he would not awaken one day to empty beds and windows open, curtain afloat from the midnight breeze.

He hated to admit it but, now with his cousin's only an arm's length away, he didn't want to let them go. Being the smart one between the two of them, Mark deep down knew that no matter what effort he would exhaust himself from, the wolf was more than nimble when it came down to plans.

He wouldn't be able to stop them.

He wouldn't be able to redeem the conspiracy his father plotted against them.

As he watched the two writhing in pain underneath the quilt, his eyes fluttered closed with a exhale of a heavily anguished sigh. What can he do to fix what had been transpired? Would he be forced to endure life, living in the repercussions of his father's ploy? 

"If only I can take the pain away from you both..." Mark whispered, his hand caressing the glass. 

"If only I can turn time back so this never would've happened..." His eyes shifted to the girl, his hand moving in sync as if the glass was the subtle skin of Hana's.

His hand lifted to his neck, fingers grazing upon the heightened line against the skin, the skin scorched with the symbol of a forced mating ritual. He gazed at the Hana, his gaze softening. 

Endorsing in the limited opportunity of being able to be before the girl without her scrutinizing gaze against him, he pressed his forehead against the glass of the door before leaving the premises.

"I'm sorry...I'm so, so sorry..." 

He chastised himself.

Stopping them both would be a death sentence.

The sun kissed the horizon, the birds chirping in the dew of dusk, their songs bringing harmony to the mist of the morning forest. Hyunwoo had a fitful sleep, not to his surprise. 

He managed to wake before Hana, basking in the picture perfect sight of her sleeping face, it was a guilty addiction of his since before he could realize and he hasn't released himself from the vice grips of the bad habit.

He noticed that her features were rather peaceful this morning in comparison to the others he had awoken to beside her, relief washed over him, a thumb tracing the line of her supple lips. On certain mornings, he would spend the hour nudging gently at her forehead, freeing the tension from her furrowed brows. 

If she would wake up earlier than he managed to, she would spend the morning nuzzling into his embrace only to doze back into a stupor and fall asleep. Honestly? He found it quite adorable and those were the days where they would spend in bed and away from their cousin and his royal pack much to Hana's delight.

Although saved by Mark, Hana seemed to hold a stubborn grudge against him much to Hyunwoo's surprise. He never questioned it but deep down, he wondered if their ordeal had changed her. The three of them always got along up until their banishment from the wolf den and ultimately, the assassination attempt ordered by their uncle. 

Hyunwoo wondered if the scenario would be different between them if they managed to rendezvous with their parent's still alive and breathing. But now, it all proved futile. The opportunity was sure to be long gone.

"Mm...oppa.." Hana mumbled in a daze, her eyes fluttering open halfway, the edge of her lips perking up into a tender grin. God, did Hyunwoo love waking up to this. 

He brushed the str

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter