Second chapter

A smile beautiful as a sunset

This is looks really messy to me and I hope you all forgive me because I like wrote it in a couple and minutes and haven't had time to correct anything. Please keep supporting my not-that-good stories and thanks for taking the time to read them and don't hesitate to leave comments! Feedback matters a lot!
Enjoy!


Dear diary, Seungkwan wrote, with clear calligraphy, it's been a week now since the voyage had begun. I don't know if it was actually a good decision from father to sent me here, but now it can't possibly be helped. At least it would have been nice to have the cabin near the dining-salon, life doesn't seem to please me lately.

I'm not sure if I should write it here, because it has no importance at all, but there's this young man that works here in the ship. Apparently he's the Captain's son, yet I still wonder why would someone bring their children to such a bad growing-environment. He... Two knocks on the door startled him. Before answering the visitor, Seungkwan put both page and pen inside the top drawer of the bureau.

"It's Hansol, sir." Seungkwan rolled his eyes.

"You may come in." He replied, and looked away from the door, not wanting by any chance to let the boy know how amused his presence made him. "And I told you to call me by my name."

"Well... I forgot."

"Then apologize." Seungkwan finally looked at him, still standing by the door, like he wasn't allowed to move without given permission. Seungkwan almost frowned in confusion, instead, he walked to one of the seats in a corner of his cabin and pointed to the other. Hansol moved with hesitation.

"I apologize." He said, once sitting in front of the other boy.

"Do you want me to order something for us? Maybe tea?" Seungkwan immediately asked, not wanting to have any uncomfortable silence, but the reaction on his guest was far from what he expected. Hansol started laughing as if someone told the best joke he had ever heard.

"No one is going to bring you tea." He explained, trying to clam himself. "At least not in this ship. The Captain has stated already that we're not your servants and if you want something we ain't got the obligation to give you, like food, water, paper, etc; we will not. And of course making tea and bringing it here ain't our duty at all. You can fool the dumbest sailor in here, though, maybe you get him to be your slave."

"Am I supposed to make myself tea?" Seungkwan asked, eyes wide open. Watching the other boy nod, he felt all his hopes vanish in a second. Not only this was going to be his first trip but it would also be the worst and the last. For sure, he said to himself, biting his bottom lip.

"Should we go to the kitchen to make some tea?" Hansol suggested, genuine smile, not the plastered one all his servants back home gave him, on his face.

And in those two hours he spent with Hansol that afternoon, he got to know more about the boy than what he had ever known about any of his closest friends. He now knew Hansol couldn't write or read, because he never attended a real school and neither did any of the men inside the ship. He also knew Hansol had a mother and a little sister, that lived far from there. Really far. How was the first time he tried to catch his own fish. How he almost broke his leg when he was 7 years old, trying to climb to the top of the main mast. How he bravely punched a pirate who turned out wasn't, in fact, a pirate but his father's friend, Captain of another ship, that totally wasn't attacking theirs.

Seungkwan also wanted to let Hansol know more about himself, but listening to the not-by-much younger boy's stories made him realize how not precisely exciting his life was. What could he told him? That he was about to marry someone he didn't love and that he didn't mind doing it at all? That he had plenty of teachers that gave him information that now, living a real life in the real world, seemed completely useless? That almost all the people he ever knew treated him with love and respect because if he didn't they would end up unemployed? Yeah, he had a great and apparently empty life.

Seungkwan thought to himself that there were things that could be slightly useful. Maybe he couldn't do much, but there was stuff Hansol would be glad to know. He could teach him the basics of every subject a boy his age had to master, to write, read, maybe... Maybe even dance. 


Also am I the only one that noticed how dead is verkwan this comeback ;;;;;;;;;;;;; Chansol is rising again since the pre-debut times. The only thing that saves my soul is that soongyu/moshi/minsoon (we seriously need to pick a goddamn name) is rising again as well!!!!! I'm sorry I'm pretty trash for them as well as for verkwan.
Forgive me.
Take care AND LEAVE COMMENTS!

Update:

I am so dead.

The way Seungkwan looks at hansol at the last gif killed me.

Also credits to tekukii -tumblr user- 'cause I got this from their blog.

I'm off.