First chapter

A smile beautiful as a sunset

I am not a native english speaker so if you notice any type of mistake please tell me and I will fix it. Also remember that comments help lots with motivating a writer to keep writing and they make us really really happy! Please enjoy this as much as I enjoy writing this and thanks for supporting me!!

 

[XIX century AU????]

Seungkwan always thought it was a matter of time until his father decided to finally bring home that "amazingly beautiful" young lady he was supposed to marry.
He would have never guessed that one day, when he returned home from his annoying as hell discipline classes, his father would tell him that he decided to send him in a special trip in order to allow his son to experience the self-growth he needed before committing himself to the marriage life. And he definitely would have never ever guessed that he'd be under the orders of a rude- captain that wouldn't even allow him to practice his dances, much less to sing in any place near him or any of his men.
"How am I supposed to improve if I'm not even allowed to keep practicing my dance lessons?" Seungkwan complained, lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling and listening to the waves smashing against the ship; before a few knocks on the door distracted him. "Who is it? If it's not important don't bother me."
"Sir, may I come in?" The voice of the captain's son surprised him.
"Yes, come in." Seungkwan agreed against his will, with a hint of confussion showing on his voice. He watched as the young man, whom he hadn't talked even twice in the whole week that passed since they started their trip; entered the room. "But there's no need for you to call me "sir", quit that."
"Then should I try calling you "young master" instead?" The boy asked, smirk on his face.
As rude and disrespectful as his father, Seungkwan thought, raising an eyebrow.
"Don't be cheeky. We may have the same age but you still need to treat me politely." Seungkwan said, still staring at the young man standing by the now closed door. "What brings you here?"
"The captain says you're not... pleased with the treatment you're receiving. He doesn't want you to feel uncomfortable but he still doesn't think the "dancing and singing" thing is okay. He would not even allow someone play an instrument here. The captain says this is a ship, not a stage." The young boy explained, keeping a straight posture and avoiding Seungkwan's eyes.
"That doesn't answer the question I made. Are you trying to fool me?" Seungkwan replied, calmly, now sitting on the bed and examining the boy's face features, hoping that would make him feel uncomfortable and want to leave. But on the other hand he still felt curious about what did bring the boy to his cabin.
"Well..." The boy seemed to hesistate, allowing himself to look at Seungkwan for once, with an uneasy feel on his eyes.
"Do I look like I have all the day?" He stated. Even thought he actually did have it and the young boy knew it, he replied nothing, not wanting to bother Seungkwan.
"He has commanded me to keep you company and also lay an eye on you, from time to time. It's not like..." The boy looked like he wanted to scratch his neck with nervousness. "You're not his prisoner, he just wants you to be a little more comfortable. He's not doing it in bad faith but I understand if you find my company annoying."
"It's fine, I guess." Seungkwan sighed, blankly staring through the window.
"Then I will be back this afternoon, at 5pm, now I have to" the young boy checked the clock hanging in the wall next to Seungkwan's bed "go help the officer."
The boy his feet and headed to the door, put his hand on the doorknow but Seungkwan's voice stopped him before he actually got to open it.
"Wait-" The captain's son faced him from over his shoulder. "I don't... It's not like I care but I don't even know how to address to you."
"Oh, right." This face showed a soft and warm smile. "My name is Hansol."
"Great." Seungkwan spitted, heart pounding like crazy after seeing the other's expression. "You may leave now."
"I will, enjoy your mornig, Seungkwan." And he disappeared through the poor illuminated corridor, leaving Seungkwan's head like a mess.


He found himself remembering the first time they met, at the deck, the day he left the city he had lived in his whole life. The captain in front of all his men, telling him the duties (not many) he would have and welcoming him to the ship's company, both of them shaking hands.
He knew he wasn't ready for that kind of silly adventure and that his father was crazy as hell for forcing him to go. It's good for you, he said, you will come back as a real man, he said. For God's sake, Seungkwan thought, looking at his mother for any kind of support. It did no good, knowing that now he was standing next to this crew that knew nothing but the life of a sea-wolf. He was completely useless here, Seungkwan told himself; and then he saw that way too young boy, slightly wavy hair, a gummy smile on his face, talking to those big and hairy men behind the captain. And the way he turned his head to Seungkwan and how he raised his hand to salute him, before his dad told him who Seungkwan was and the boy knew he had to show some respect towards that rich kid. Both of them looked at each other for a few seconds that seemed hours, heavily breathing, lips half-opened, before Hansol's dad clapped his hands and sent everyone to get the ship ready for their departure.