3rd - "Broke Up"

The Story of You

Japan, 2018

I couldn’t forget my first kiss with Namjoo that night, I think I must be really crazy. I could see the next page is full of my picture with Namjoo. Yeah you’re right, I got her. I date her after that rough confession. I smiled to see my picture in zoo with her. It was our first date. We were happy, I could remembered the pink tees that I wore that day because my t-shirt got wet after Namjoo played with me in the water fountain. We laughed a lot, I was happy to have her as mine that time... really happy. But I thought I am not good enough for her, I thought she still love Sungjae even already with me. So we broke up after a year together.

●○●○●○

End year of Middle School, Seoul, 2007

“We have a trip to Jeju! Can you believe it? Our school is daebak !!” Ricky boasted about the trip of our school graduated. I sat beside Namjoo at that time mesmerized by her looks.

“Please no lovey-dovey allowed when we were together! Lower you gaze please, Taehyung” Kwangmin said.

“Lower till where? Here...” I gazed Namjoo’s chest before got smack in my back head from Sungjae and hit by Kwangmin. Hyuk just shook his head and Namjoo glare at me. “Kidding guys...” I said. “But so sorry I can’t join the trip. My family has another trip, My grandma is sick so we will go to her at that time” I added. Namjoo frowned. “Sorry babe...” I cares her hair.

“Please don’t worry about it Joo... since we all will go, right?” Ricky asked.

“I am in” Sungjae said. “Joy also can’t make it so I will dedicate my time with you guys!” he added proudly.

“Why I feel insecure” I said out of nowhere.

“Why? You think I will take your Namjoo away??” Sungjae asked me.

“Won’t you??” I was joking with Sungjae, everyone knew it but I didn’t know that someone would think it seriously.

“Don’t worry, we will make sure Namjoo stay away from Sungjae.. okay?” Hyuk said.

“Thank you” I replied.

●○●○●○

I was going to surprise Namjoo, I already said my family I will go to Jeju for the last day My school’s trip. My family agreed and accompany me to there before we go home together. I texted Hyuk where were they now. He replied me in a minute and said that they were in beach. I told Hyuk, I wanna come to the beach but don’t tell Namjoo about it. Hyuk thought I was joking but he warned me briefly, that if I saw something heartbreak please be positive. I didn’t understand what he meant, so I just went there with a happy heart. But I really saw something heartbreaks, I saw Sungjae hugged my girl and kissed her forehead. I couldn’t think positive and punched him hard right on his face.

“I really feel insecure and checked so this is what you said won’t do it??” I got angry. “And you... are you really think he is the best man for you till you couldn’t get over your feeling to him? I mean... I think we are happy together but what is this?? Are you just playing with me to get Sungjae’s attention?”  I yelled at Namjoo.

“Taehyung!!” Hyuk, Kwangmin, and Ricky approached us.

“It wasn’t like you think I swear” Sungjae tried to explain it.

“Taehyung.. I am not like that...” Namjoo cried.

“I told you to think positive, what are you doing now?” Hyuk defended them. I really couldn’t believe their friendship would be this deep.

“Whoaa so am I the one who wrong and they are not?! I think you guys never seriously accept me in this group!! You guys just helping Namjoo and Sungjae so when I am not around, you guys stabbed me from behind, right?” I shouted all of anger.

“Now, you think negative about us too? Really Taehyung?” Kwangmin said.

“Taehyung lets talk with me, I will explain you the situation” Sungjae spoke.

“1 minute” I said.

“Namjoo and I just make up... I mean we never become a good friend before and I try to be one now. That hug is just a friendship hug” Sungjae explained.

“You think I believed you? And how about that kiss? Friendship kiss? Really?” I couldn’t believe them. “Let’s broke up Namjoo..” I said.

“No, please no... Taehyung-ah... I loved you, really loved you” Namjoo held my arm but I pushed her away. I Left them, really left them... I never showed up in graduated event, I was ready to leave the town. I changed my number and never contacted them anymore.

  ●○●○●○

Japan, 2018

I was stupid back then, I never listen the whole story and just assumed my self. Lucky that Ricky reached me first and explained everything. He told me that Sungjae said sorry to Namjoo, he treated her well during the trip and said he was happy that Namjoo with me. At that time in beach, Sungjae bid farewell to Namjoo and the boys because he would go to Japan to continue his study. He couldn’t stay in Korea anymore after his family broke, yeah his parents got divorced so he followed his mother to Japan. I devastated our relationship at that time... not only with Namjoo but also with Sungjae and the others. I called my self their friend but I didn’t believe them at all, I must be crazy if I still called my self their friend. I saw a pic of me and Sungjae in Japan, yes I went to Japan to meet Sungjae. I couldn’t let this misunderstanding last long, I should say sorry to him.

●○●○●○

Japan, 2009

I searched Sungjae’s address and found it, I asked permission to stay for a few days there. Since I already got permission to stay there from my parent and Sungjae’s mom so I reassured to stay.  

“Why you come here, huh?” Sungjae asked me with mean voice. I know he just joking with me.

“Sorry for not listening to you that time... I think I am crazy, you know I am so blind with my anger” I said.

“Actually it’s fine, I deserve that punch... but did you already talked with Namjoo? She really sad, she cry a lot because she couldn’t see you anymore” Sungjae patted my shoulder.

“I am too embarrassed to reach her... I think I really not good enough for her. She doesn’t deserve me” I said.

“If she doesn’t deserve me or you, who will be with her? Hyuk? That impossible! Ricky? It’s the most impossible thing that will happen. Kwangmin? No... he already got gf, she is a friend of Namjoo. Ah you must know nothing about them lately” Sungjae told me.

“Actually I heard some things about Namjoo from Ricky after he contacted me” I said honestly. “I heard she already got someone who closes with her... Minwoo, right?” I asked Sungjae.

“Don't get ger wrong! Ricky said, it just Minwoo who like her... I know Namjoo for a long time I know she is a loyal girl and she isn’t easily fall for someone. You know it too” Sungjae gave me Namjoo’s number. “Go contact her, she must be happy. It’s been two year since you gone, Namjoo still open your Facebook to see your activity. If you stole her phone or her PC, you could check her history, she always open your Facebook twice in a day. She really wanna write ‘Hello’ or ‘Hi’ in your wall but she afraid you won’t answer her" Sungjae sighed."You know, I always think you and namjoo are match made from heaven. So, go get her back!” Sungjae assured me.

“I can’t...” I said weakly. “I already had a girlfriend now”

“Oh...” Sungjae said with a flat expression that I really couldn't read. Maybe it's not my luck... I think Namjoo and I didn't have any long destiny... our destiny was ended two years ago and we couldn't get it back. I really regreted what I did two years ago, but nothing could I do now. I would leave our destiny to The One who made it.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Hiks... just hope this fic really okay to read... 
I won't expect anything beside that haha sorry if my grammar is really bad...