1st - "The Picture of us"

The Story of You

Japan, 2018

I was packing my stuff ready to move. It was my last day in Japan, I was getting ready to go back to my hometown in korea. I took bunch of paper in my desk to put them in a box, suddenly a piece of paper dropped. I picked that paper up, but it wasn’t a paper actually. It was a picture, a picture of me in our summer holiday 8 years ago. It showed a beautiful smile of her, him, and I. I smiled saw that picture, well you must be questioning your self who am I,  and who were her and him. Kim Taehyung, that’s my name. And about her and him... let me tell you about them.

 

●○●○●○

 

Seoul, 2010

It was long holiday after we graduated in High School. My friends and I decided to go to beach for the last time. We will separated after this. We choose different University in different area.

“Lets take a picture guys!!” Changhyun called. Well, I never called him Changhyun, I called him Ricky. Everyone gathered around him but Sungjae grabbed Namjoo’s arm and stay back.

“Hey Ricky! Take a picture of us first!” Ricky took a good picture of them. I smiled to them, they really looked good tho, Namjoo always like Sungjae oh no... she was in love with him. Everyone in our circle knew it included Sungjae himself. I relieved that Sungjae treated her well this time. Namjoo liked him since 4th grade, and Sungjae never treated her well before.

Sungjae checked the picture and look so statisfied with the result. Namjoo approached me and smiled, I replied her smiled shyly, I didn't know why I still felt so shy around her.

"Namjoo! Taehyung! Look here!" Sungjae took a selca of us, but I am just looked down even though I still smiled.

“1...2...3....cheese!”

Click

 

●○●○●○

 

Japan, 2018

I remembered that time really well... it was the best day in my life. And you were right... the one that I called ‘him’ was Sungjae and ‘her’ was Namjoo. Sungjae and Namjoo was my bestfriend back then in our school day. We met in Middle School. Namjoo and Sungjae had their own circle before they met me, they were Ricky -well I already called his name briefly-, Kwangmin, and Hyuk.

I will told you briefly about them before we met. As you know, Namjoo was really in love with Sungjae since 4th grade. Ricky, Namjoo, Hyuk, Kwangmin, and Sungjae were in same school and class in Elementary School. Ricky knew Namjoo secret and told Hyuk about it, Hyuk and Ricky helped Namjoo to get close with Sungjae with made her join their circle. Namjoo joined their friendship with help from Ricky and Hyuk. Hyuk and Namjoo was good friend, they were really close since their parents knew each other and they had similar personality oh no, not personality uh...well both of them just quiet, smart and good kid in family so they really click each other. In opposite Kwangmin and Sungjae were the famous handsome boy in school, they were naughty too, you know the type of naughty boy was. In middle school I remembered caught them watched and smoked, but even they were naughty they had a achievement too. They were really good in sport esp soccer. And Ricky, well he just a wandering lamb. No offense, but Ricky wasn’t suit in Hyuk-Namjoo type or Kwangmin-Sungjae type.

I searched my album and found a picture of us six in the front. It was the picture from the same occasion, our holiday 8 years ago. I flipped the page and found my picture with them in uniform. It was us in our Middle School, the first time I met them.

 

●○●○●○

 

Seoul, 2005

Namjoo, Hyuk, Kwangmin, Ricky and Sungjae were in the same school again. Since they lived in same neighbourhood, they always school in same place. They studied together, hang out together, and in same a ‘pick up service’ for student too. I was a new student in their school at that time. Namjoo and Kwangmin in the same class, while Ricky and Sungjae in other class, and here I was in the same class with Namjoo’s closest friend in the circle, Han Sang Hyuk.

Hyuk is my class’s chairman. I remembered the first time I met Namjoo that afternoon. Namjoo was coming to our class to meet Hyuk because he was late to appear that afternoon. She asked him that he wanted going home together by the pick up service or he wanted to go alone by bus.

“Sorry Namjoo-ya... I am forgot to tell you or the other that I can’t go home together today. I have a group task, sorry I was busy until forgot to tell you” said Hyuk.

“Okay, it’s fine! Just do your thing... and fighting! Be careful on your way later” Namjoo bid a goodbye.

“Thanks Joo-ya... please say my apology to the other and you too be careful” Hyuk waved to her and she smiled widely. I still could mesmerize by her smile even just remembered it. It was really beautiful smile.

The next day, I searched Hyuk for the task matter and found him ate together with Namjoo. I walked slowly to their desk and join them.

“Sorry for bothering you, I wanna give my task” I said. Hyuk took my paper and smiled. I stood up and leave them behind. Well I still can remembered Namjoo’s eyes that looked at me closely. Her round big eyes looked at mine.

 

●○●○●○

 

It was my second year in the school, we already in our 8th grade. The class shuffled again, this time Kwangmin, Hyuk and Namjoo in same class, meanwhile Sungjae, Ricky, and I were in same class. Namjoo dropped from their pick up service and went to school alone by bus this time. Because of that, we always meet in bus stop every afternoon, It was my first time alone with Namjoo. The first time we meet in bus stop she was alone at that time, she sit on the bench about 5 step from me. She ate her snack while waiting the bus, I was standing in the side of the bus stop. Our bus come we lived in the same neigbourhood too, the bus really crowded that time I remembered only one chair left in the bus so I purposely stood up so that she could sat on the chair. I moved my eye to see her, she smiled at me and mouthed ‘thanks’ toward me. I replied her smiled and looked away, I don’t know why but I felt shy after see her smile. I braved my self to look at her again, she was looking outside the window. I could swear that it was really good scenery that I was ever saw.

We regularly met in bus now, I thought she remember my face because we always exchanged smiled each other but we never talked. I couldn’t say anything to her, but that afternoon she sat beside me for the first time and started the conversation with me.

“Hyuk’s classmate in 7th grade, right?” she asked me. I nodded to her question, I was too speechless to say a word. “You are Taehyung, aren’t you? I am Namjoo, I think you don’t know my name” she added. Oh right, we never introduced each other in right manner but I did know her name. Hyuk ever called her name when she played in our class. But, I didn't know that she knew my name.

“How do you know my name?” I asked her. I was shocked when she knew my name. Like I said before, we never introduced each other before.

“Hyuk ever told me about you” she answered. “Well, he talk bad about you actually. He is quite perfectionist and you make his task unperfected so he nag a lot about you to me” she chuckled.

“Ah I remembered.. he got C because I couldn’t do presentation well that time” I shook my head. I think I was doomed now, I was so embarrassed in front of Namjoo. Well, I am not cleaver and my grade wasn’t that good. I got a lot C in my rapport.

“Don’t worry, he isn’t hate you... He just dejected” she assured me. “Hyuk is good friend of mine, I know him so much he never hold a grudge toward someone”

“Thanks god” I shook my head again before leaned to the chair covered my face. Namjoo chuckled again. I saw the road it was time for me to get down. My house is two block before her house so I got down first. She smiled at me and waved. I hesitated to say goodbye to her since it was our first conversation, I am not sure enough if it was okay to say goodbye. She seemed know my thought, and chuckled.

“See you tomorrow, Taehyung” she said with nice smiled and waved at me.

"See...you..." I couldn't continue my words because the bus should go on soon. I could see her face passed as the bus go. "...tomorrow, Namjoo" I continued my word and waved at the bus.

 

To be Continue~~

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

hi.... the first chapter is up!
it just an introducing of the cast and the meeting  of namjoo and taehyung. I hope you can catch up, because the story is go forward and backward...
send me a critic that can make this story better guys! thanks for reading!