Chapter 6

Section C - "The Love Experts"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is our cafeteria." Sejeong informed, stopping right at the entrance of the said place."And if you turn right and walk straight, you will see our garden. Gym is just near the garden so...every Tuesday morning, you just have to go directly to the gym since our first class is P.E, you know that right?" she asked, tilting her head to face Nayoung.

 

Sejeong doesn't know how but she just suddenly became their new classmate's tourguide. In their class earlier, Nayoung kept calling her by her name even if she still hasn’t introduce herself to the girl. Whenever she asks how did she know her, the new girl would just smile at her.

 

She has a lot of questions to ask to this girl so maybe that is the reason why she volunteered to be her guide.

 

"Kim Sejeong...."

 

Sejeong almost rolled her eyes. The new girl is calling her by her name again and it's seriously creeping her out now."What?"

 

"Can't you...." Nayoung trailed off, looking a bit disappointed already."...really remember me?"

 

"I...." Sejeong was suddenly speechless.

 

So they really knew each other?

 

Now, she somehow felt guilty for not being able to remember the girl."I'm sorry."

 

"Hey, that's fine. I don't really expect you to remember me anyway."

 

"Why? Are you not someone important? Or perhaps from my childhood?"

 

Nayoung chuckled."We actually just met like a few months ago."

 

"Really?! What happened? How did we meet?"

 

"Remember Mimi?"

 

Sejeong just sighed. She can't even remember her so how can this girl even expect her to remember another girl?

 

"Mimi is a cat, by the way. My cat..." Nayoung clarified when she saw the look that Sejeong gave her."My cat that you saved."

 

Nayoung just watched as Sejeong's face instantly turned from confused to a shocked one. Right there she knew that Sejeong has finally remembered her.

 

"You were...." Sejeong trailed off, carefully looking at the girl's face."...that girl?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was just their second week of being a second year student but Sejeong already feels so exhausted. Their professors kept on giving them projects left and right and the only time she feels so relieve is when she's heading home already, meaning that she had successfully finished a whole busy day.

 

Sejeong was walking alone towards the bus stop when she saw a cat with a cute ribbon on its neck sitting on the side of the road. A smile formed on her lips as she halted her steps and just stared at the cute cat.

 

She has always wanted a pet cat but she can't really take care of one because her mother has allergy with its fur.

 

She let out a soft sigh and was about to continue on walking when she noticed that the cat was planning to cross the road. And it is definitely not a good idea because there was a car coming.

 

"Oh my God! Mimi! No!"

 

That shout obviously didn't come out from Sejeong's mouth because she has already rushed towards the middle of the road, lifting her hand to make the driver of the car stop from driving.

 

Sejeong thought that this would already be her end because the car doesn't look like it will stop and so she just closed her eyes and waited for that impact to hit her body but never felt so relieved when she opened her eyes and saw the car stopped just before it touch her body.

 

Sejeong quickly looked down and let out a huge breath of relief, seeing the cat cutely staring back at her. She then took the cat by her arms and gently pet it.

 

"Ha! I'm so glad you're safe. Don't do that again, okay?" she told the cat and smiled when it just innocently purred at her.

 

"Yah! Are you planning to kill yourself?!"

 

Sejeong brought her gaze to the man who just got off from his car, looking really annoyed. She then deeply bowed in apology."I'm so sorry."

 

"If you want to die then do it somewhere where you won't cause harm to others, you get that?!" was the man's last words before he took off with his car.

 

"Wow." Sejeong shook her head in disbelief as she stared at the slowly fading car."He's such a jerk. Right?" she said, looking at the cat."Don't be like that, okay?"

 

Nayoung, who witnessed the whole situation, was left dumbfounded. She's the owner of the cat. The cat that is very important to her. The cat that her father gave her before he left them for good. And yet when she saw her cat on the verge of being hit by a car, she didn't do anything and just stared at a complete stranger running out to save her cat.

 

She feels guilty, of course. But more than that, she thinks that she suddenly felt a huge admiration towards the girl who just saved her cat and is now lovingly petting it.

 

How could someone just risk her life to save a cat that is not even her own?

 

Nayoung was greatly impressed.

 

"Mimi!" Nayoung happily exclaimed, rushing towards the girl who's holding her cat.

 

Sejeong looked up and flashed a huge smile after seeing a girl who looks so overjoyed while staring at the cat on her arms. Her smile only grew wider when the cat, who seemed to have recognized its owner, continuously purred."I assume this cat is yours." she said, smiling at the girl who already has tears forming on the corners of her eyes.

 

"Yes. I saw it. I saw how you saved Mimi. Thank you. Thank you very much!"

 

"It's fine." Sejeong shook her head and handed the cat to the owner."So her name is Mimi?"

 

"Yes, I--" Nayoung felt so terrible at how she couldn't seem to find the right words to express her gratitude towards the girl."Thank you very much. I want to know how can I repay you."

 

Sejeong smiled."Just take good care of Mimi. Don't let her walk alone on the road again."

 

"Yes, I'm really sorry about that. It's my fault. I'll be more responsible from now on, I promise. But can you please tell me how could I repay you other than that? I mean..you risk your life just to save my cat. I feel so guilty because you could have died. So please tell me anything."

 

"It's really fine. I don't need anything."

 

"But--"

 

"It's really fine, I promise." Sejeong said, assuring the girl."Anyway, I think I have to go. I might miss my bus if I still don't go now so..yeah. It was nice meeting you....?"

 

"Nayoung. Kim Nayoung."

 

"Nice to meet you, Nayoung." Sejeong smiled at the girl before turning towards the cat."And you too, Mimi." she said which earned a curious look from the cat."What should I do? You're so charming, Mimi."

 

Nayoung was about to suggest for them to exchange numbers so she can still see Mimi but the girl seemed to be really in a rush that she has just found herself staring at the girl's running figure.

 

She just sighed before turning to look at her cat."I didn't even get your savior’s name, Mimi."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Nayoung!" Sejeong exclaimed, a little too loud."Oh my God! I'm sorry!"

 

"It's fine. We just met for like a...brief moment so yeah... I understand." Nayoung smiled, relieved that Sejeong has finally remembered her.

 

She will finally not receive strange looks from Sejeong.

 

"How's Mimi?"

 

"She's fine. She's at our house. Although, I think you won't like her when you see her now. She became a really naughty girl."

 

"Really? So how many people have already saved her since then?"

 

Nayoung laughed, waving her hand no."It's not that. I kept my promise to you. I took really good care of her even if she's always giving me a headache."

 

Sejeong smiled."That's great! Ahhh.... I suddenly want to see her."

 

"You will see her soon, don't worry."

 

"Really?"

 

Nayoung nodded. She's still thinking whether to bring Mimi here in their school or just ask Sejeong to visit their house. Any of the two is fine anyway.

 

"Thank you so much!"

 

"I should be the one thanking you, you know."

 

"Ah! Forget about that already." Sejeong said, narrowing her eyes at Nayoung. She was about to suggest to go back to their room when she suddenly remembered something. Frowning, she looked at the girl and asked,"How did you know my name, anyway? I don't remember giving my name to you."

 

"You did. You told me you're Kim Sejeong."

 

"I did?"

 

"Yes, you did."

 

Sejeong frowned. She doesn't really remember giving her name but she just nodded. She's kind of forgetful anyway."Okay. If you say so. Let's go back to our room now." she just said before walking ahead of Nayoung.

 

Nayoung just grinned behind Sejeong. She actually worked really hard just to get Sejeong's name. But not that really hard because the school where Sejeong is going was already a giveaway since she was wearing her school uniform that time. All Nayoung just have to do was to search for all of the students that were attending the school. And Baaaam! Just like that, she found Mimi's saviour. And of course, her idol. When Nayoung said that she really admire the girl who saved her cat, she really meant it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jieqiong gulped. By the looks of it, she knows Nayoung is feeling really awkward by all of the stares they were receiving from the students as they walked towards the hallway.

 

Everyone must be really surprised to see them walking together again.

 

Jieqiong noticed how Nayoung let out a huge sigh of relief when they finally saw a vacant room. They stepped inside the room, sat on the chairs beside each other but kept quiet. Neither of them had said any word since they entered the room which was approximately 10 minutes ago.

 

"Okay." Nayoung suddenly said, breaking the silence."What do you mean by Chungha fake kissing you so I would get jealous?"

 

Jieqiong sighed. Nayoung is now going straight to the point by asking that question. She just concluded that Nayoung is indeed a no-fun person."I don't know, okay? That was all Chungha's idea. Maybe you should go talk to her instead of me."

 

"So..you didn't really kiss?"

 

Jieqiong tried to hide her smile with that question. Nayoung obviously sounded both jealous and protective at the same time and she couldn't be any more happy."We didn't."

 

"Really?"

 

"I swear."

 

Nayoung sighed in relief. She doesn't want to admit it but Chungha is right. She got really jealous at that time. She even got mad at Yebin who was only asking her what's wrong. She mentally noted to apologize to Yebin later.

 

"Perhaps...." Jieqiong suddenly mumbled, catching Nayoung's attention."Did you really get jealous?"

 

"What?!"

 

"I'm asking if you really did get jealous."

 

"Hah." Nayoung breathed out, avoiding Jieqiong's eyes."Why would I be?"

 

"I don't know. You tell me."

 

Nayoung looked at her friend's determined face for a couple of seconds before looking down at the desk of her chair. She bit her lip. Because of Chungha, Jieqiong has finally found out about her hidden feelings. If she confesses her feelings right now, Jieqiong might tell her that she likes her too just because she's feeling guilty. So she won't let that happen.

 

"I'm not jealous. I'm just worried."

 

"Worried about what?"

 

"You know it's Chungha. As your friend, I don't like you dating Chungha. You can date anyone but her."

 

"As your friend? And I can date anyone but her? Are you sure about that?" Jieqiong asked through her gritted teeth. Here's Nayoung again. Hurting her with just a simple use of words.

 

Nayoung glanced at the girl beside her before letting out a sigh. She knows that by answering this question, they could end up ignoring each other again for the whole school year or worst, for the rest of their lives but she thinks that this is just the right thing to do.

 

"Yes."

 

There was a long silence. She was just honestly expecting Jieqiong to stand up from her seat and walk out from the room but she was surprised when she heard her voice again.

 

"You're lying." Jieqiong started, intensely looking at Nayoung who was just staring at the ground."Why can't you look at me? If you really mean that then look at me and say that again."

 

"You can date--...." Nayoung thought saying those words were just as easy as 1 2 3. Especially since she had already said a couple of harsh words to her before. But when she turned her head to look at Jieqiong and met the girl's already teary eyes, she couldn't help but choke back her words.

 

"What?"

 

"Y-You can...date any--" Nayoung's tears finally fell down as she closed her eyes and shook her head. She can't do it. She can't say it. Because honestly, she can't bear to see Jieqiong going out with someone, someone that is not her. It will kill her."I can't." she mumbled, continuously shaking her head."I can't say it. I...I'm sorry that I can't say it, Jieqiong." she paused, staring at the girl in front of her."I-I..don't like to see you with anyone. I-It's going to kill me if I see you doing sweet things with someone."

 

"Nayoung...."

 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for falling in love with you and breaking our friendship." she paused as more tears fell from her eyes."But...don't worry. We will not be like one of those dramas wherein a guy confesses his love to his friend and then avoids her the next day. I promise you I'll still be your friend. So you don't have to worry about losing me. You don't have to feel--"  the rest of her words were left unsaid when she suddenly saw Jieqiong grinning.

 

"Aren't you talking a lot now, Nayoung?" Jieqiong asked, smiling through the pool of happy tears flowing from her eyes."I hope you can also explain that much during recitations."

 

"Jieqiong, I'm being serious--"

 

"You just don't know...." Jieqiong started, gently cupping Nayoung's face and smiled when she felt how the girl instantly froze from her touch."...how much I've dreamt about this."

 

"About....what?"

 

"About this." Jieqiong's smile grew even wider as she quickly occupied the space between them and pressed her lips against Nayoung.

 

Nayoung felt like she was about to die at how fast her heart was beating. She just couldn't believe it. The girl everyone was dreaming of is now kissing her. It feels like a dream. Hell! She was even about to think that this is really a dream if she didn't just unconsciously bit her lip only to realize that it was Jieqiong's.

 

"I-I'm sorry. I bit your lip. I-I didn't mean it. I-I thought--.."

 

Jieqiong's eyebrow automatically raised at the apology."Are you really saying sorry for that?"

 

"I-I..." Nayoung was flustered. Is she not supposed to apologize for that? She was sure she hurt Jieqiong by that because the girl quickly pulled away."Am I not supposed to?"

 

Jieqiong was beyond amused. Her girlfriend, yes, she's claiming her now, is just so cute. She was just surprised when Nayoung bit her lip because she thought that the girl is already experienced in kissing which means that she is not her first kiss but maybe, there's no point in getting so overworked about that."Am I your first kiss?"

 

Nayoung shyly nodded."How about you? Is it Chungha?"

 

"Eyyy! I said we didn't kiss! Why are you like that?!"

 

"I was just making sure." Nayoung answered, grinning."So I'm your first too?"

 

"You're my first..." Jieqiong paused, leaning in to capture Nayoung's lips again."..second.." and again."..third.." and again."..fourth..."

 

Before Jieqiong could make their fifth kiss, Nayoung held her back."I like you." she sincerly uttered, looking straightly into Jieqiong's eyes."Please be mine."

 

Jieqiong laughed, completely amused at how cute Nayoung is now. Who would have thought that the girl with a stone-like image can be this cute? Jieqiong is glad that only she can see this side of Nayoung.

 

"Well...Don't you know that I've already dubbed you as my girlfriend like twenty minutes ago?"

 

Nayoung chuckled."Oh wow. What if I didn't ask you out then?"

 

"Then it's your loss."

 

Nayoung just smiled. Yes, it will be a really huge loss for her if she pushed Jieqiong away again. Gladly, she took the risk and confessed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter