Chapter 5

Section C - "The Love Experts"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Feeling the cool breeze of air on her skin, Sejeong couldn't help but shudder. She leaned on the railings and looked down at the different groups of students doing their own thing. Some were just plainly chatting, others were playing and the rest were already planning to head home.

 

Glancing at her wristwatch, she realized that Somi was already thirty minutes late from their agreed meeting time. She actually doesn't want to think that Somi is going to stood her up so she's just distracting herself by watching each and every students at their school's quadrangle.

 

It's not like they were meeting up to discuss for some important matters but Sejeong is still willing to wait for the girl for at least an hour more.

 

"Think positive. If Somi is not coming, she will text you." she quietly told herself when she took her phone and didn't see any new messages.

 

She was busy tapping her fingernails on the rusty metal of the railings when she suddenly heard the door on the rooftop opened.

 

A smile was already on her face as she turned to look at the girl whose arms are on her knees while heavily panting.

 

Sejeong then quickly went to Somi's side. She was hesitating whether to rub the girl's back but in the end, she decided not to and just awkwardly stood beside the girl."Are you fine?"

 

Somi stood up and apologetically faced Sejeong."I'm sorry." she managed to say in between her breath.

 

"It's fine. You shouldn't have run though."

 

Somi shyly grinned."I'm afraid you will leave if I I come here much later."

 

"I was just about to leave." Sejeong joked which made Somi's eyes grew wide."I'm just kidding."

 

"No, it's fine. It's my fault anyway."

 

Sejeong then playfully narrowed her eyes at the girl."You know, I just realized that sulking doesn't suit you."

 

"Oh...." was all Somi could say before the both of them burst out laughing.

 

They were just freely laughing that when they stopped, there was suddenly a dead silence and the atmosphere between them quickly grew awkward.

 

"Well..." Sejeong mumbled, letting out a short dry laugh."It seems like we're so close yet so far to being friends."

 

"What are you saying? We're friends."

 

"Maybe acquaintance. Let's be more realistic, Somi."

 

Somi sighed."Then let's become friends starting today."

 

Sejeong laughed."We have said that a lot of times to each other and yet we're still awkward."

 

"Oh that's right." Somi mumbled, pouting."Why are you even awkward with me anyway?"

 

"What?!" Sejeong exclaimed in disbelief. She soon broke into a grin as she continued,"So you're saying that I'm the only one who's awkward with you?"

 

Somi nodded almost immediately.

 

"Wow! Unbelievable."

 

"You should seriously stop being awkward with me now, Kim Sejeong."

 

"Okay. But I can't promise." Sejeong just agreed, eyes almost disappearing with the way she's smiling.

 

"This is great. I think we're friends now."

 

"You could say that."

 

"We should tease each other more often." Somi seriously suggested."Because you know, friends grew closer by healthy bullying each other."

 

"Healthy bullying?"

 

"Yes. You know like....." Somi paused, thinking of what to use as an example. After a few seconds, her face brightened up. She took her time just smirking at Sejeong who was raising an eyebrow in anticipation for what she will say before continuing,"Your eyebags are so big. You look like a panda."

 

Sejeong was speechless. Her crush had just compared her to a panda because of her bulging eyebags. She should be hurt but....."I should be hurt but strangely I am laughing. Why is that?"

 

"That's what healthy bullying means."

 

"I see. I will healthy bully you some other time then."

 

Somi grinned."I'll be looking forward."

 

Sejeong just smiled at the girl before walking back towards the railings and watched as most of the students head home.

 

"It's already getting late." Somi mumbled as she stood beside Sejeong and followed where the girl was looking at.

 

Sejeong smiled. She was honestly surprised. She thought that she and Somi will just quickly talk about Nayoung and Jieqiong as soon as they meet but look at them still not bringing up their supposed to be meeting topic.

 

"How's Jieqiong?" Sejeong honestly still doesn't want to talk about it but since it's already getting late and she doesn't want to be left by her bus, she decided to bring up the topic already."She cried, right? Her eyes were swollen after talking to you."

 

"Actually....." Somi started, tilting her head to face the girl."I met Chungha on my way here. One of the reason why I was late."

 

Sejeong raised an eyebrow. She doesn't know why Somi is suddenly talking about Chungha but she just chose to stay quiet and let the girl continue.

 

"She told me that Nayoung and Jieqiong will soon be able to fix their problem."

 

"Really? Why? What happened?"

 

"Well, that girl..." Somi paused, chuckling."She kissed Jieqiong in front of Nayoung."

 

Sejeong was more than shocked."Seriously?!"

 

"It was just a fake kiss though. She did that to make Nayoung jealous. It was a success. Nayoung ended up walking out which made Jieqiong realized that Nayoung indeed have feelings for her."

 

"Oh wow..." was all Sejeong could say. She was, of course, grateful that Chungha has somehow managed to make the two reconcile but at the same time, for some reason, she feels a bit disappointed because that only means that she won't have any reason to talk to Somi now."What are we still doing here then? You could have just messaged me that everything is alright now."

 

Somi shrugged."I don't know. I guess I just want to talk to you."

 

Somi was still busy looking at the only few remaining students at the quadrangle when she noticed Sejeong was staring at her. She tilted her head to look at the girl and their eyes instantly connected.

 

Staring directly at Sejeong's eyes made Somi suddenly stopped from breathing. It is also not that helpful that the wind suddenly blew and she got to sniff Sejeong's perfume.

 

She gulped.

 

It is weird. What she's feeling right now is really weird. It is like the same feeling she feels when she's with Dani.

 

She and Dani may still not be in a relationship but she's honestly feeling like she's cheating on Dani now so she quickly break their eye contact and instead went to wear her backpack.

 

"Should we go home now?" she asked after awkwardly clearing .

 

Sejeong forced a smile, trying to hide her disappointment. She thought that they were enjoying each other's company but maybe it is just her having fun afterall."Sure. It's getting really late anyway. Let's go."

 

Somi could just only look at Sejeong who has already started walking towards the door of the rooftop. Honestly, she still enjoys Sejeong's company. And that's just enough reason for her to go home now.

 

"You better get yourself together, Jeon Somi." she quietly told herself before running after the girl who had already disappeared from the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina was walking towards the locker room when she saw Sejeong which was quickly followed by Somi. From the way she sees it, she thinks they both came from the rooftop.

 

"Sejeong."

 

Sejeong quickly followed the owner of the voice and beamed, seeing Mina."Kang Mina!"

 

"What did you guys do?" Mina asked, alternating her gaze from Sejeong to Somi.

 

"We've just talked." Sejeong answered before looking at Somi."Thank you, Somi. I'll go home with Mina. We just live in the same neighborhood."

 

"Oh.. That's great." Somi smiled."I'll be going now. Bye Sejeong. Bye Mina."

 

"Take care, Somi." "Bye, Som."

 

Mina just waited until Somi was far enough from them before turning to Sejeong."Oh my God! You didn't tell me about this."

 

Sejeong narrowed her eyes at her friend."It's nothing special. We've just talked."

 

"At least you guys are improving."

 

"What do you mean improving? Psh!" Sejeong retorted, rolling her eyes."Why are you still here anyway?"

 

"We just finished practicing our performance in Music."

 

"Already?"

 

"Yes." Mina answered, linking her arms with Sejeong."I'll just drop my books in my locker."

 

"Sure."

 

They both walked towards the locker room with Mina walking slightly ahead of Sejeong. Mina carefully opened her locker, eyes instantly growing wide when she saw something very familiar on her locker.

 

"What?" Sejeong inquired when she saw the surprised look on Mina's face. She curiously peeked towards her friend's locker and smirked as she took the box of chocolate from it."Why are you so surprised? Weren't you always getting this kind of gifts? What's new?"

 

"S-Sejeong...."

 

"What's wrong? Why do you look so scared?"

 

Mina shook her head. She just couldn't believe it. That chocolate....that was the same chocolate she saw from someone's bag.

 

"Mina..... I'm getting worried."

 

"Sejeong, I....I think I already have an idea who's my admirer."

 

Sejeong was both surprised and excited at the same time."Who?"

 

"Kim Sohye."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeunjung was just peacefully walking towards their classroom when she felt someone was following her. She turned around and just rolled her eyes when she saw Chungha who didn't even make an effort of hiding herself just what those creepy stalkers from the movies always do.

 

 

"What?" Chungha asked, smirking."Don't tell me you actually think I'm following you? I don't think you're that stupid to not know that we're heading towards the same room anyway."

 

"I don't so I would really love it if you go first." Yeunjung said as she stepped aside to let the girl walk first even if the hallway is actually wide enough for 10 people to walk in together.

 

"I don't like."

 

"Then maybe I can say now that I'm 99.99% sure that you're following me."

 

Chungha shrugged."Atleast you're still not 100% sure."

 

"Ahh!" Yeunjung exclaimed, almost pulling out her hair in annoyance."When I thought you couldn't go more annoying but you just keep on improving each time."

 

"Let's just say that I have this book entitled '101 ways to annoy Yoo Yeunjung'".

 

"I'm speechless." Yeunjung deadpanned before walking again, completely ignoring Chungha who has already settled on walking beside her.

 

"I'm not surprised. I've already made a lot of girls speechless anyway." Chungha joked and waited for Yeunjung to respond but when she realized that she wasn't getting any, she continued,"What? You're ignoring me again?"

 

"Well, I should've really ignored you right from the start."

 

Chungha grinned."But look at you talking to me again."

 

Yeunjung halted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter