Chapter 4

Section C - "The Love Experts"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was in a rush. She didn't want this, of course, but her phone suddenly went missing that she still have to search it all over the school only to found out later that Sejeong just borrowed it.

Now she was late for her meeting with Sohye again. And she knows Sohye will probably lash at her now. Or maybe not because they will be at the library. But still...

She entered the library, quickly spotting Sohye at the corner. Sohye has her head down, typing on her laptop so Mina understood why the girl didn't notice her even when she was already standing in front of her.

"I'm sorry." Mina quietly apologized as she took the empty seat in front of the girl."I'm not going to explain anymore because I know you won't believe me but I still want to apologize. I'm sorry again."

Sohye looked up from her laptop."That's alright. You can start doing Chapter 5. I'll do the Chapters 1 to 4."

Mina clenched her fists. There again. Something inside her is boiling again. She really doesn't know why Sohye seems to be so expert in annoying her.

"I'll be only doing chapter 5?" Mina asked in disbelief."I see. So it is either you find me dumb or you find yourself genius."

"Neither of the two." Sohye answered, eyes flashing with seriousness."I just don't like to see you having a hard time."

Mina's eyes grew wide. She was surprised. She would have thought that Sohye was just lying to get away from her anger if only she didn't notice the obvious concern on the girl's face.

The next thing she knew, she was already typing on her own laptop, thinking about the things that are related to the requirements in Chapter 5.

Actually, she was honestly relieved that she will only be doing chapter 5. She hates to admit it but she's lacking a lot when it comes to English. So maybe she's a bit grateful.

 

 

Two hours of racking her brain for any English words seriously drained Mina. After passing her finished file to Sohye, she closed her laptop and crossed her arms on the desk, lying on it.

She was about to take a nap even just for a bit while waiting for Sohye when she noticed a box of neatly wrapped chocolates peeking on the girl's widely opened bag.

Creases were on her forehead as she took a quick glance to Sohye who was still busy typing on her laptop.

'I didn't know Sohye was courting someone.' Mina mentally said as she brought her gaze back to the chocolates.'Or maybe this is from her admirer?'

Mina just shook her head. Why does she care? It is not her business anyway. Either way, she's just glad that Sohye atleast has a lovelife.

 

 

 

Yeunjung stopped at the doorway, looking towards her seat at the back of the room and sighed, seeing that her annoying seatmate was already there. She searched for her earphone on her bag, plugging it into her ears before casually walking towards her seat.

She saw Chungha looked up to her as she sat on the chair and even opened to say something which she couldn't decipher because of the loud music that is currently blasting on her ears.

It's not like she's interested with her seatmate's nonsense anyway.

She was busy looking for her Math notebook on her bag when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She just rolled her eyes as she took the specific notebook that she was looking for and brought it to her desk, completely ignoring the girl beside her.

"Hey, are you really planning to act like that to me for the rest of the school year? You know I won't still like you even if you're trying to pull a 'Geum Jandi' on me. Playboys falling in love to a girl who ignores them only happen in dramas."

Yeunjung may not be really lucky today as the music on her phone ended and got to hear Chungha's words. She just pretended as if she didn't hear a thing and waited for the next song to come up. She knows better than to argue with her ever so arrogant seatmate.

She was just about to write the remaining lessons that she still haven't wrote when Chungha suddenly removed the thing on her left ear.

"What do you need?!"

Chungha wouldn't deny that she was slightly surprised at how Yeunjung snapped at her but she tried keeping it in with a smirk,"Wow! You look pretty when mad. I almost considered dating you."

"Not interested."

"That's what they always say at first too."

"I'm not like them."

"Yes. They're gorgeous and you are...." Chungha purposely trailed off, watching as a scowl appeared on Yeunjung's face."...you are--"

"I am what? Huh?"

Chungha shook her head and feigned a worried expression."Don't make me say it. I don't want to offend you."

"You're really--!" Yeunjung breathed out in disbelief. She regrets even speaking to the girl. She should have just ignored her.

She gave her seatmate a one last glare before plugging her earphone back to her ear and continued writing again. But a minute still hasn't passed when she felt a poke on her cheek.

'Ignore. Just ignore her.' Yeunjung mentally told herself while tightly gripping on her pen. She will just lose if she argues with Chungha anyway.

 

But much to her disappointment, it seems like her seatmate doesn't even have a plan to stop on annoying her. The girl just kept on continuously poking her cheek and Yeunjung was seriously already on her edge.

Standing up from her seat with the notebook and pen on her grip, she walked away from her seatmate and marched towards the third row where she saw a vacant seat.

She unplugged her earphones from her ear and just rolled her eyes as soon as she heard Chungha's satisfied laugh.

'Just what the hell did I do for her to punish me like this?' she mentally complained, stopping just in front of the seat beside Sejeong.

"Where's Somi?" she asked Sejeong who curiously looked at her.

Sejeong tilted her head back to look at the still empty seat beside Chaeyeon and forced a smile as she brought her gaze back to Yeunjung,"Still haven't done cleaning the gym, I guess."

"That's great. Can I sit here for awhile? I've been in hell."

Sejeong laughed. She's fully aware of what the girl meant by that."Sure."

"Thank you." Yeunjung beamed before sitting down beside Sejeong. She casually looked back and frowned, seeing the two vacant seats at the back."Yoojung and Doyeon aren't still here?"

"They were here earlier but they went out." Sejeong answered, shrugging."I think they're cutting classes."

"Wow, this is their fourth time skipping on classes already."

"I know right."

"What do they even do when they cut class?"

"Maybe they just hate Math."

"Who doesn't?" Yeunjung asked, chuckling."Hey, look at Nayoung and Jieqiong."

Sejeong tilted her head towards the duo that were sitting beside each other but were both busy doing their own things. Jieqiong was reading some of the letters from her admirers while Nayoung was trying to distract herself by watching something on her phone.

"I wonder what happened to them."

Sejeong looked at Yeunjung. Actually, Yeunjung is a bright girl who is very curious on everything about their classmates. But when she's with Chungha, she always acts like she hates everything and everyone in the world.

"Why do you hate Chungha?"

Yeunjung was surprised. She doesn't expect Sejeong to suddenly ask her about that when they were talking about Nayoung and Jieqiong."I don't hate her. I just.....don't like her. She always annoys me."

"Yes, I know. But aren't you curious?"

"Curious about what?"

"Why Chungha always annoys you." Sejeong paused, a small smile appearing on her face."Chungha doesn't usually care about other people. She could just ignore you and pretend that she doesn't know you but still...she spends time annoying you."

Yeunjung frowned. She honestly finds Sejeong a bit weird now. If she got it right, Sejeong was saying that she should instead be happy that Chungha is turning her life in hell.

"I would rather have her ignore me." Yeunjung answered, watching as Sejeong let out a sigh."I'm sorry to ask you this but..." she trailed off, trying to find the right words to her question."Do you perhaps...like Chungha?"

Sejeong couldn't help but smile as she honestly answered, “I used to date her.", making Yeunjung's eyes grew wide in an instant."I liked her very much before. She was so cool in my eyes. I tried doing everything for her to notice me but failed."

Yeunjung was at loss for words but still managed to ask a short,"How?"

Sejeong knows that How meant 'How did they end up dating then?' so she answered,"One day, she accidentally caught me singing in the restroom. I was so lucky because she seemed to have been entranced by my singing that she started noticing me and even asked me to date. So even if I knew that she would just soon break up with me, I still said yes."

"Wow. So there was also a time when you're a fool."

"You could say that." Sejeong chuckled.

"So...do you still like her?"

"No." she answered without any hesitation."I was even the first one to end things with her."

"For real?!"

Sejeong nodded."Dating her, I realized that I may not have really like her to the extent of having a relationship with her. I guess my admiration for her was just plainly like a fan to her idol."

"How did you know that you don't really like her?"

"I was weirded by the fact that I don't get jealous when I see her flirting with someone. If the girl was gorgeous, I even thought that they look good together."

Yeunjung laughed."You're the best!"

"I guess Chungha likes singers though." Sejeong commented which quickly made Yeunjung stopped.

"You mean she just likes to date everyone." she answered, rolling her eyes after she regained her conscious.

Sejeong just smiled. Even so, she finds Chungha's actions towards Yeunjung a little bit suspicious. She likes to believe that Chungha finally found the right one for her.

"By the way, Sejeong..."

"Hmm?"

"Have you ever been jealous?"

And as if on cue, Somi and Dani entered the room, big smiles plastered on their faces as they both made their way towards their respective seats.

"Excuse me, Yeunjung!"

Yeunjung groaned as she looked up to Somi who was standing in front of her, waiting for her to move her off from her seat."Ugh! I am still having a great time talking with Sejeong."

"You could just continue talking with Chungha. Look, she's waiting for you."

Yeunjung stood up from the seat, playfully slapping Somi's shoulder before walking back towards her seat.

Sejeong just watched as Somi sat down on her chair with a smile that seems like will last for the whole day.

"You look happy." she commented with a small smile although she could already hear her heart breaking.

She gets so happy by just being with the girl. She gets jealous every time she sees the girl with other people. She wishes the girl to be happy even if her happiness is her pain. If that isn't love, Sejeong wonders what it could be.

She honestly doesn't know how it started. Whether it was love at first sight or feelings that triggered when something occurred, she wasn't sure. She just knows that one day, just by seeing Somi could already made her day complete.

"Ah! I'm not."

Sejeong could just only smile at how Somi was trying really hard to contain her smile."It looks like you enjoyed cleaning the gym."

"Ahhhh...." Somi whined which Sejeong just finds adorable."I said I'm not."

She shrugged."It looks like it."

"I'm no--" Somi stopped, grinning towards her seatmate all of a sudden."Were you teasing me?"

Sejeong shrugged, looking out on the window to hide her huge grin to the girl.

Somi just looks so cute asking her like that. She's falling more and more and even though she knows it's dangerous, she doesn't care. She just wants to treasure all of these moments.

She was surprised when Somi suddenly put a piece of paper on her desk. She looked at it and her lips instantly curved upwards seeing a cute 'Tease me more' scribbled on it. She looked at her seatmate and just shook her head at how the girl beamed at her. She folded the piece of paper on her hand and secretly put it in between of the pages of her notebook.

These are just the moments that she will treasure forever.

 

 

 

"He's still not here..." Doyeon mumbled while looking around the cafe."He might not have like me."

Before they went to their meeting place, they both agreed to send each other their pictures so that they could easily find each other. She was really surprised at how handsome Taeyong looks like. He's like an idol. Yoojung even told her that it's impossible for her chatmate to look like that and concluded that he was just a poser. She honestly thought the same but she still wants to see.

"He won't come because he's just a poser." Yoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter