Chapter 6: To My City We Go.

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I  r a n  f o r  a  l o n g  t i m e,  a n d  a g a i n  I  r a n  f o r  a  l o n g  t i m e

“I’m home!”

“Another night shift, dear?” his mom came out from the kitchen, just finished making breakfast, “You’re awfully late today,”

“Yeah, there are some circumtances that came,” Hoseok sighed as he slumped down on the dining chair, “Sorry I didn’t tell you,”

Hoseok has just gotten home from the long and tiring night, still a little baffled about the occurence he just got involved. Apparently the three boys that he met last night was running away from a bunch of man in suits that had them on hot pursuit, resulting the wound that engraved Taehyung’s shoulder. They were a little reluctant to tell their stories at first, but when the doctor’s special abilities resurfaced to public eye after a long time, they decided that Hoseok has the right to know.

He exhaled loudly as a a bowl of soup placed in front of him with a serving of rice, “Where’s dad?”

“Still asleep upstairs, he had a long night like you at work,” the woman sighed as she sits in front of him with her own portion of breakfast, “The boys in this household really like to leave me alone,”

The maroon-haired boy grinned sheepishly, “Sorry mom, I’ll try to be home earlier next time,”

She chuckled, “I’m just joking, Hoseok-ah. As long I know you’re safe you’re okay to work as long as you like,”

The boy smiled as he downed on his food, staring at the woman in front of him. She was in her forties but she still looked as youthful as a college students—in a single glance, no one would knew that she already had a fresh-graduate son. But even though she looked beautiful, Hoseok couldn’t help to think why does his face doesn’t even have a similar feature, nor his father. The three of them shared the same family name and was deemed a legit household, but both of Hoseok’s parents are black-haired meanwhile the young doctor had sported maroon red since he was a child.

His mom noticed that he had been staring at her for too long, “Is everything okay, Hoseok-ah?”

Jimin’s words rang in his head—the orange-haired boy had told him to be careful of those man, and remembering how he had exclaimed that he was just like them, could it be possible that their pursuitors was in search of him too?

The question that had bubbled in his mind for so long appeared again.

What exactly he is?

“Mom, can I ask you something?”

“Go ahead,” she smiled at him, “What is it?”

Hoseok gulped.

“I’m your child.. right?”

The woman paused for a while before sending him a—strangely—sad smile, “Of course, sweetheart. What makes you question that?”

 No, he couldn’t be suspscious of his own mother.

“I’m just asking,” he grinned at her, “I love you, mom,”

That sad smile appeared again.

“I love you too, Hoseok-ah,”

 “The Killer Crater in Ilsan was caused by an underground explosion in the early 2000’s...,”

Jimin yawned as he leaned on the bed, Taehyung still soundly sleeping. Courtesy of Hoseok, the boy had finally gained a room legally. The maroon-haired boy had stated that he’ll take care of everything including the papers and treatments, without any nurses or other hospital personels involved. He didn’t know how does the guy did it with being only an intern in the said place, but Jimin chose to just let him handle everything.

“It’s must be pretty scary,” Jungkook cringed as he watched the documentary on the television, “I heard from history class that there were a lot of people when the explosion happened,”

The orange-haired boy nodded, “And strangely no one knows what’s the cause of it until now,”

The two of the boys finally had the time to catch up with each other—with Jimin explaining his powers that got awakened two years ago, triggered of an occurence of him falling from a cliff and Jungkook’s story of how he met Taehyung the first time. It was strange to both of them, they were just strangers a few days ago and now they’re boys with the same fate. Not to mention that they immediately felt comfort being around each other, even though they can’t really say they’re that close now.

“Really?” the strawberry-blonde boy turned to him, while the older nodded, “Some said there was an underground laboratory that gone wrong, but when they searched it thrugh there wasn’t such a thing there,”

The younger huffed, “That’s strange. To have so much casualities because of it... I bet the culprit must be a really skilled one,”

While sighing, Jimin stood up and raked Taehyung’s hair, “Well, rather than that.. we have a bigger problem to face,”

“He’ll wake up right?” Jungkook frowned, “I don’t think we’ll be found here..,”

“I hope so,” the older boy sighed, “But they could really be anywhere and we have to be ready to run anytime,”

The strawberry-blond boy’s face fall as he remembered that they’re still in the center of the mad dog chase, “What about Hoseok-ssi?”

Jimin grew silent. He suddenly remembered how Hoseok had squinted his eyes on him while saying his name—accurately correct. If he recognizes him from somewhere, just like how Jungkook had told him about Taehyung’s dreams—then it can’t be wrong again that the young doctor was abseloutly just like them, or even one of them. He’s going to be a target too once the man in suits got a sight on him.

“I don’t know,” he said softly, “But I guess he’ll say if he wants to come,”

The younger nodded nonchalantly, “Do you think.. there could be more of people like us, hyung? There’s still that voice on Taehyung’s mind...”

Suddenly there’s a tight knot feeling inside of Jimin’s stomach. It wasn’t paining him or anything, but yet he feel strange.

“Yeah.. I think so,”

Hoseok was always concious of and his dreams, but this one made him confused as hell.

His eyes wasn’t greeted with the usual white and green ornaments in the walls like how it used to be, but rather peach colored and was painted badly. With only a single bed that he’s lying on, a simple cupboard and a mirror in the room, it looks like the place had been made half-heartedly.

As he stood up and went to the mirror, he realized he wasn’t dreaming as a kid again. The boy that looked at him back in the mirror could be fifteen or sixteen, strangely a little bit toned than a common teenager with wearing only a wifebeater and a pair of sweatpants. His maroon hair was still there but his face features grew sharper, that he could even say he looked a little dashing.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, startling him. If everything was too unfamiliar for him right now, the voice that came upon after the knock was probably the cherry on top. As an ask was heard of opening the door, Hoseok reluctantly let the person in, revealing a flock of black hair.

“Hey,” he smiled softly to him, “J-hope, right? I’m Ravi. I’m here to fetch you for breakfast!”

The maroon-haired boy was confused but he nodded anyway, earning a grin from the other boy.

“You should change to your designed clothes, the leader wouldn’t like it if you don’t. I’ll wait for you outside, okay?”

Nodding nochalantly, Ravi closed the door as he turned to the cupboard where he thought the uniform will be. Thankfull there’s only one pair of clothes and a normal black leather jacket inside, so he wouldn’t be confused about it. He took a good look at the said fabric—it consists of a white dress shirt and black shorts, completed with a white sailor-like sweater with black stripes. There was a pair of black low top sneakers and some socks in the corner of the cupboard that he decided to wear too, not wanting to be barefeet for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter