Chapter 15: Room Talk

Tomorrow, We Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

T h r o u g h  t h a t,  I’ m  b a c k s p a c e - i n g  i n t o  t h e  m e m o r i e s

He stared at the sky.

It was sunny and summer was closing in. The waters calmly flowed through as he closed his eyes, listening closely to the rippling sounds around him. School fishes of various color swims by him and the algae’s there weren’t overwhelming, just the right amount for a decent lake ecosystem.

It’s beautiful—the waters were really clear that he can even open his eyes without any trouble seeing. He always liked it, sitting on the deepest part of a water body and just enjoying the cold liquid touch his skin. It looks bizarre to some people, but for him is his quality time with himself. And the weather that day was just right, with sunlight seeping in through the large opening.

There was a small fish approaching, swimming nonchalantly in front of him. He cupped his hands around it, letting a smile creeping up his lips. The small fish didn’t even seem disturbed with his actions, that it only continued to swim around enjoying himself.

“Hoseok-hyung, are you there?”

A muffled sound came from a distance and he looked up. There was a familiar flock of orange hair waiting for him in the surface and from his expression, Hoseok guessed he was kind of worried. After blowing small bubbles as a form of sighing, he swam upwards.

He emerged from the water, swishing his hair slightly as he leaned to the ground, “Hi, Jimin. What’s up?”

“I thought you drowned in it,” the younger frowned, “You were taking too long just to fish,”

“Sorry, I got distracted,” Hoseok grinned sheepishly. Jimin only sighed, “Well, where’s the fish? Yoongi-hyung is being very demanding about it,”

“Ah,” the older dived back in to the water, leaving the orange-haired boy confused. Not long after, he appeared back again with a net containing a handful of rainbow trout, “Here it is,”

“Great,” Jimin swiftly took it from his hands, fishes splashing and flailing inside the confined strings, “You should dry up soon, hyung. We’re going to have lunch in an hour, I think,”

He smiled at him, “No worries. Now bring those trouts to Yoongi-hyung before he flipped,”

The younger giggled at the statement, “Okay, okay. See you later, hyung!”

Hoseok waved his hand as he stared at Jimin who’s currently returning his wave too, walking away to their temporary house for a while. After they teleported right to the old abandoned facility, they decided they should stay low for a while and try to get a little normal living there, in Jeju Island. Yoongi managed to get the six of them a decent medium-sized mansion (although it’s a little too small to be called mansion) just by the local settlement in the hills, close to Baengnokdam Lake. 

It’s been a week, and it’s almost too good to believe that they didn’t got disturbed by the men in suits. It has been peaceful, and peace it what the six of them needed the most now.

As soon as Jimin was out of sight, Hoseok dived back in to the waters.

Seokjin has bruises all over his body.

The uppers unknowingly had known his actions of letting their current target flee. It results in punishments that he doesn’t even want to talk about it, and now even practicing is a hard thing with the wounds all over him. His originally white skin was now colored with blue splotches, and now sporting a cut in the corner of his lips. He would be lying if he said it doesn’t hurt, but he can’t show it—or else they’ll double his punishment.

“Kim Seokjin,” he cringed as his name echoes through the room, “Your results are keep dropping and at this rate, you will be ripped off your position. Do you honestly want it to happen?”

He gulped slightly, “No, sir,”

“Good. You were one of our best soldiers. I expect a much better result in the next training,” it’s strange, he never felt this relieved when training ends, “You are dismissed,”

He bowed slightly to the only window in the room, people behind it walking out. The lights dimmed as his training session ends and he unconsciously sighed.

The dreams he had wasn’t stopping and he started to doubt himself. What if those dreams were truly his memories? What if there’s more to his life than just a Big Hit soldier? What is he before?

He had been hearing rumors too—that he was supposed to be in the same team with the six targeted boys that he has been on pursuit since the first day he started working as a soldier in the facility. It was baffling for him and he had frowned upon it the first time he heard it. There’s now someone as high as him could be placed in the same group as them—shouldn’t it be?

One. He has one lead.

The facility has been gathering new experiments—new set of boys, but no new powers. They had been using the same things as the old project, seemingly his powers and that 941209 boy. They had failed extracting the recently captured boy, as they can’t seem to find it.

And from what he knows, the 941209 boy has been much longer in the facility than him, meaning that one of the experiments must have caught one way or another the same powers as him—and he can use it to find out about his so-called flashbacks.

He can’t even say it was decent when he arrived—the experiment’s barracks. They have bunk beds all over the place and other than some cupboards, it doesn’t have anymore kind of furniture. Every one of them is dressed in the same white sweater and white shorts, no one is sticking out.

“Seokjin-hyungnim,” one of them voiced out after every one of them was frozen when they saw the blond on their doorframe, “What are you doing here?”

Seokjin scanned the room slightly before replying, “Which one of you here has telepathy or mind-control?”

Three of them slowly putted up their hands. Seokjin assumed the rest four boys must have his powers more or less. Then he pointed on a silver-haired one.

“You,” the boy shivered in fear of him, “What’s your name?”

“T-taeyong…,”

“Well then, Taeyong,” Seokjin gestured him to come closer, “You’re coming with me,”

Taehyung watched the scene in front of him with jealousy.

“Stay alert, Jungkook, your barriers are dying!”

“I’m trying!”

It was eleven in night and Yoongi demanded that they have to practice their powers incase something like before happened—them being unskilled and was faced with armed soldiers. After making sure they’re pretty far from their neighbors, the younger boys finally agreed for the mint-haired to train them.

Currently it’s Yoongi versus Jungkook now, with the younger failing badly as what he’s been doing was only defending himself and not even moving to attack back. The others are watching from the sidelines as the frustrate over the fight.

“Come on, Jungkook, just throw something at him!” Jimin shouted, “Stop using barriers!”

“There’s nothing to throw!”

Hoseok groaned loudly, “He’s going to be barbequed all over this way,”

Namjoon ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter