The Korean Boyfriend

in our hearts we felt safe

a/n: can't think of a title so lol let's go for the cheesy one (so sad kaistal can't meet on the 27th/28th. Soojung has a meet on thailand and Jongin's going to China)

 

 

Two months. Jongin hadn't seen Soojung for two months. Those two months should have flown pass by with her being busy filming her movie and drama in China and him  preparing for EXO's comeback and resting his still injured knee but it didn't. In fact, it seemed like time ran slower just to antagonize him. 

Jongin ran his eyes through the pictures she had sent him over the course of those months and felt like she was still so far away, even though they were about to meet in a few minutes. She had posted only a few photos on her public accounts but snapped a lot to him, selfies during set, food she liked eating and things she liked that were artsy. There was one particular picture she had sent that sparked a jealous side he didn't knew. It was a picture of her leaning on a boy's shoulder with a tint of playfulness in her countenance. The caption read: my Chinese boyfriend ❤️.  She had once   with a similar picture when he'd kissed someone on the cheek for work. Now she was bent on getting revenge whenever she was alongside a male lead. She had even dragged Yixing along and made him post a picture of them both with their arms linked. It was cute, the way she made him jealous but he didn't like it at all.

"Jongin."

Jongin glanced from his phone to his right and saw Soojung standing before him. She was dressed in casual clothes and almost bare faced, except for the pale lipstick she was wearing. Did she wear that for him, he wondered? (No, of course not. Jongin knew she'd never do that.) 

"Have you been waiting long?" She asked. 

Jongin peeked at the clock on his phone. It had been almost 20 minutes since they promised to meet somewhere inside the company building, their secret place. He thought about what to say to her when they met again and came up with this: "Sorry. Do I know you?"

She seemed taken aback by this, she stopped rummaging her bag to look at him with big wide eyes. He would have laughed at her reaction but he was on a mission to get his revenge for the picture. He was petty, he knew.

"What?"

Jongin shrugged, going back to his phone. He switched to a more formal tone. "I already have a girlfriend, sorry."

"What are you on about?"

"Please don't act like we're close. Otherwise, she'll get mad." 

"I'm your girlfriend, though..?" She replied, sounding a bit confused. And then: "Stop it or I'll hit you."

Jongin's plans were foiled, she seemed to have realized his goal. Still, he was never one to give up. He'd already tried acting once, might as well go on with it. "I'm really sorry but my girlfriend-- why are you hitting me!"

"I told you to stop it!" Soojung hit him harder at every word. "Who's your girlfriend, huh! Huh! I'll hit her too!"

Jongin finally broke out into a smile and caught her hands, trying to stop her from hitting him further. "Jung Soojung! You--you're my girlfriend." 

Soojung stared at him then snorted. "That was grossly cheesy." 

Jongin knew and the embarrassment came later when she stated it. "But true."

Soojung didn't deny it. Instead she hooked her arms around his neck for a hug, while his winded around her shoulders and back. She sighed into his shoulders. "Did you miss me?"

"So much." Jongin knew it was time to end the games. He held her tightly and buried his nose on her hair, inhaling her scent and trying to remember if she always smelled so good. "I missed you so much."

Soojung giggled. "I missed you a lot too!"

Jongin kissed the side of her head and smiled. She was two months worth of wait.