Picture Perfect

in our hearts we felt safe

A/N: inspired by this picture. Also au.

  

Soojung runs her hands over his exposed stomach, her fingers hovering above his skin like a soft whisper. She fingers the scar above his hip, glancing in his direction with a question. As usual, he doesn't answer where he got it from. Her hands trails upwards to his ribs, where she counts them one by one, before they travel to his broad back, stopping at his shoulder blade. She hears him grunt and she kisses his collarbone, his neck, jaw, and lips. He reciprocates her kisses warmly, meeting her own with a mild hunger he's been pressing.

"Jongin," she giggles when his lips stray to her cheeks and jaws. She pushes a hand on his chest and finds Jongin's twin brows meeting in the middle. Soojung muffles a laugh. "You stink."

Jongin gives her an expectant look, impatient.

"Take a bath." She shoves him into the direction of the bathroom. The light is open, illuminating Jongin's sillouhette.

Jongin turns around, with a really? look. Soojung easily reciprocates it with her own really look. Defeated, Jongin marches towards the room, closing the door with a soft click.

Satisfied, Soojung plops down on the bed. She hasn't seen Jongin for a long time. He's been busy with his dancing, having just arrived from some training camp for his solo recital this coming June. She, on the other hand, has just finished deliberating a theme for a group exhibition at the end of the year. 2016 is a big year for them, with all their respective accomplishments happening. This is the first time, in quite a while, they've been alone together.

Soojung twists her body so she's facing the bathroom. She can hear Jongin hum a Cole Porter song from a musical they saw months ago. His voice is deep and low--his tone completely off but she finds it relaxing enough that it only takes a few blinks before she completely passes out.

When Jongin finishes showering, he steps out to find Soojung sleeping and snoring lightly, her body taking much space in their queen-sized bed. He watches her quietly before donning a pair of shorts and a white shirt. With his hair still dripping wet, he snaps a photo of her sleeping profile with her film camera, and while he's not allowed to take pictures with this camera (his photography skills is nonexistent), he knows this one will be picture perfect.