Road Trip

in our hearts we felt safe

a/n: au road trips are fun. there might be other parts? not sure.

 

Soojung wakes up in a bed with none other than Kim Jongin. She blinks slowly, still dazed in sleep. His face is close to hers, and she can hear him snoring lightly. She should be alarmed, should wonder why they are in bed together but she is tired, very tired so she saves the questions for later and scoots closer to get more sleep. She closes her eyes and sighs, feeling Jongin's warmth. However, Something moves by her feet. She frowns and tries to stretch her legs but she can't. She tries again, exerting more force this time but is met with a low grumble and a nudge on her foot. A curse is about to slip from her when someone stops her.

"Shh. They're still sleeping." It is Jongin. His eyes are still closed though. "Sehun."

"What?" She croaks. is very dry.

"It's Sehun, by our feet."

Soojung lifts her head a little and sees that it is Sehun at the end of the bed, sleeping peacefully with his mouth agaped. This confuses her. "Why there?"

"No space." Jongin adds. "For six people."

Soojung frowns more and looks over his shoulder. She sees Baekhyun, Seulgi and Jinri's profiles in the same bed, too.

"I reckon," he says and Soojung looks back at him. His eyes are open now and he is staring at her. "He has the best spot."

Soojung silently agrees. It is a bit cramped. In fact, she can't move anything excessively at all. Her back is touching something hard, as well. It is the wall. Baekhyun is on the edge of the bed and it looks like he's about to fall off. Maybe she should warn him. But Jongin is closing his eyes again, preparing for sleep.

Soojung mumbles something about the time but Jongin tells her not to worry.

"It's early. Go back to sleep."

She doesn't protest, her eyes flutter close a second later and she scoots again automatically until some part of his face touches her forehead. She doesn't mind nor does she think about his arm cushioning her head, puling her closer. Relaxed, she sighs and sleeps again.

When she wakes up a little later, Soojung sees Jinri's mocking smiling face instead of Jongin's. If she has the energy to roll her eyes, she would have done it but she only groans.

"Did you enjoy sleep?"

"Isn't it too early to be pestering me?" Soojung burrows her face into the bed sheets. She wishes she could hide herself away from Jinri's condescending expression.

"Early? It's past ten, idiot. Also, pestering? With this face? Blessing your morning, you mean." Jinri rolls her eyes and lies flat on her back. She's about to say something when Seulgi interrupts her, by pressing her front on top of her.

"Good morning, Jungie!"

Soojung takes a peek at her and smiles. Seeing Seulgi's bright expression makes everything better. "Morning, Seulgi."

Jinri whines about her being heavy but Seulgi only presses herself more. Soojung giggles and heaves her body up, lying on top of Seulgi and aggravating Jinri more. Seulgi shrieks at the sudden weight on her and Jinri reaches to pinch her arm but she doesn't relent, only pressing herself more.

"This is a I didn't expect to see but I'm not complaining at all."

Their heads snap in Baekhyun direction, who is grinning too widely for their liking until Jinri throws a pillow in his face. Soojung gets up from Seulgi and sits up. She sees him with a bag of groceries and Sehun entering belatedly, also with a bag of groceries. She waits for Jongin's profile to follow but he is no where to be found. Sehun catches her lingering eyes at the direction of the door and raises a brow at her. Soojung just blinks away.

"I already checked out. We leave in an hour." Sehun says, placing the bags down. "We need to fix the bed and bring it back to its proper place before management comes up." He looks at her again, as if that is his offer of explanation and adds, "Jongin's getting gas and you need to take a shower already. You're the last one up."

Soojung grumbles about Sehun being bossy but crawls off the bed anyway, grabbing her backpack and heading for the shower. By the time she finishes, everybody is ready to go. Sehun tells her to grab Jongin's bag since he's waiting in the car. She does so and follows them to the parking space, where Jongin is helping the girls with their things to the car. She approaches him nimbly and hands him his bag.

"Thanks." Jongin gestures. "Your hair is still a bit wet."

"I didn't have time to dry it. Sehun was bossing me around." She catches Sehun rolling his eyes before entering Chanyeol's Cherokee in the passenger seat. Jongin rummages inside his bag and produces a hand towel. He puts it on her head.

Several oooohs ensues from inside the car and the girls are peeking their heads out from the window. Baekhyun starts teasing them. Jongin laughs it off with a bashful smile, telling her to get inside the car so they could go. The teasing doesn't halt for a while but when Sehun starts playing old Disney theme songs, they all stop to sing Shang's song. They stop by McDonald's for take-out, Baekhyun hogging all the fries and Soojung stacking her side of the car with packettes of ketchup. Jinri drinks way too much coke and Seulgi only eats her chicken sandwich quietly. Jongin stirs in one hand, a burger in the other and shares a chuckle with Sehun.

Soojung looks outside with a smile and figures it's a good day to go to the beach.