Story 2 - Wavelengths[OC, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun]

Letter To You & Other Stories(oneshots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wavelengths

At the age of seven, Sora discovered she could make Tao, her mom’s sleek white with black rimmed eyes cat cough up fur balls whenever she wanted it to, because she found it amusing and it often resulted into numerous trips to the Vet clinic in a month as her mother was convinced there was something medically wrong with her cat.

At age nine, she discovered she could make Zelo, Class 3A’s resident bully suddenly stop his acts whenever he decided to pick on the new transferred student named Kyungsoo because of his big eyes. Of which it always seemed like Kyungsoo was always aware she was his savior as he would always look at her with gratitude in his owl eyes whenever Zelo left him alone.

At age ten, she and Kyungsoo became best friends.

At age thirteen, she discovered she could see faint the white interwoven lines dancing atop every human and animal’s heads; these lines had different states and patterns.

At age fourteen, she discovered she could influence these lines into certain patterns and in turn these lines would make the bearers behave in certain ways, or influence whatever thing they wanted to say or do.

At age fifteen, she discovered these lines were called wavelengths; and every living breathing thing had its own unique wavelength. And although each wavelength was unique, there were certain patterns that were for everybody.

These patterns were the wavelengths of emotions; essentially the wavelengths of the heart.

Over time she had studied these patterns and had mastered every one of it, because not only did they have a certain shape, they also possessed colors and frequencies on a scale 0-50Hz.

Zero being the frequency of death and fifty being the frequency of utmost happiness, a frequency only possessed by little children and seemed to decrease in occurrence the older the age group.

White represents tranquility, the state of calmness, the state whereby the body and mind was one; all emotions settled and state a general state of peace. This was another emotion which seemed to decrease with age and only returns at the death bed of an elderly one who lived his life to the fullest and is leaving the world with no regrets.

 Frequency= 25Hz.

Red represents anger which encompasses secondary emotions like irritation, annoyance, frustration; this particular emotion would turn the tranquil meandering waves from white to red jagged thunderbolt waves with edges capable of piercing the person it is directed at, it glows red when a little kid pushes another kid pushes another off the swing sets just because he is angry the innocent kid got there before him.

Frequency=35Hz.

Green represents jealousy; a personal favorite. This emotion when manifested would take on the form of a curled up malicious green snake just waiting to lash out at its unfortunate victim, it had the same color as its counterpart envy. Its frequency fluctuates a lot, one moment its high and the other time its low.it seems to bring out the very petty and childish nature of humans which was really amusing to watch. It’s what makes a grown man stick out his leg way past his personal cubicle just to trip his colleague in the office just because he has great hair. The greater the jealousy the deeper the green color. It literally makes its bearer green.

 Frequency varies between 16Hz and 34.5Hz.

Blue represents sadness; this emotion is shown as transient lines with very low waves, often flickering like candles flames on a stormy night. It is often represented as a meandering mixture of blue and bright pulsating orange when accompanied by its right hand man: pain. The reason for the pulsating orange represented the various degrees of pain the bearer is experiencing.

This emotion would glow the brightest when its bearer has just a lost a significant other and it often depicted just how profound and important the person meant to the bearer. During her Mr. Jang’s burial, her elderly wealthy neighbor’s burial, his young wife’s wavelength was a curious yellow color, which was really confusing to a very young Sora as everyone else’s wavelengths was the color of a bottomless blue sea.

The yellow only seemed to glow brighter when his final will was read and she got 80% of his total wealth.

 Frequency of sadness= 10Hz

Frequency of sadness+ pain= 10-13.5Hz depending on the degree of the pain experienced.

Bright yellow represents happiness, joy, elation and triumph; this emotion is once again more commonly seen in little kids as they seem to find joy in the littlest things of life. Sora found absolute joy in looking at this particular wavelength as its lines often looked like it was performing endless pirouettes atop little children’s heads. But the most beautiful thing about the pattern of this emotion is that it is the same both in grown-ups and little children.

Interpretation being that happiness remains the same all through our lives, no matter how old we may be, happiness brings us back to our innocent childhood, the place of innocent and childish wonders, the island of peace untouched by the waters of negativity.

Happiness simply makes us children all over again.

It’s usually accompanied by twinkling gold dots dancing alongside the bright yellow waves, these dots stand for laughter. The louder the laughter, the merrier the dots.

Frequency= 45Hz

Purple represents confidence and on a deeper spectrum pride; this emotion presents itself as a rippling steady wave which steeps a bit higher in the case of the latter emotion. The steadier it is, the better the class presentation would be and the higher the mark is and the higher it is, the more likely it is for the rich customer to slap the ‘lowly’ shop attendant across the face for not bringing the out the limited edition bag that had a grand total of one in the entire nation.

In extreme cases, it would take on the colors reminiscent to that of a feather plucked from the rear of a peacock, this was a very rare wavelength only seen in very very few people as Sora had only seen it once in her life.

On a trip to England with her parents, she was opportuned to see the Queen during one of her rare parades around the city square; this was when Sora saw this type of wavelength. She could only imagine it meant utmost confidence and pride in one’s abilities and position.

Frequency= 42.8Hz

Fear is a deep violet color with its counterpart despair, a faint version of the colour; this was the least favorite of Sora’s wavelengths to see. It would cause the wavelength to flicker dangerously and become so faint it almost becomes invisible, this is because it overwhelms the senses and displaces all other emotions leaving behind a shivering shell of its bearer.  It would burn the brightest when the unfortunate kid in school spot his tormentors walking down the school corridor and would become so faint when his head is nestled between the whites of the toilet bowl.

Frequency= 7Hz.

Lilac delineates love; now this emotion possesses really peculiar traits, in that it can take on the characteristics of any other emotion, the only distinguishing feature was its color. A wispy Lilac color that pulses erratically.

The lilac lines can go from jagged thunderbolts when its bearer sees the subject of its affections with a perceived territory trespasser to a curly snake when the ‘territory tresspasser’ possesses qualities the bearer believes he doesn’t have.

To flickering lengths when its bearer takes the initiative to confess his feelings to his object of affections which usually results to either transient waves if rejected or pirouetting lines if accepted before finally settling into a tranquil lilac.

Her favorite thing is when she gets opportuned to witness the exact moments when two sets of lilac wavelengths adopt the same pattern and flow as one.

It’s usually the moment when two hearts become one,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter