Story 3 - An Indigo Umbrella {Luhan/OC]

Letter To You & Other Stories(oneshots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan could hear the little clock on the mantel piece ticking away making a tick-tock-tick-tock sound(he thought was rather loud for such a small piece article) which reverberated throughout his rooftop studio room, counting down to the end of the day, the day in which he did nothing but stayed at home all day doing nothing of great importance.

 

He was completely okay with it as he had initially planned to do exactly just that and if there was something he liked, it was things going the way he wanted it to.

Surprises are overrated he thinks.

Rolling onto his stomach as he laid down on the polished wooden floor with his ear pressed to the ground, he could hear the steady sounds of a breathing earth and flipping over unto his back his brown eyes followed the blades of the fan attached to the ceiling run after each other relentlessly without catching up to one other, running around aimlessly like his thoughts.

He then turned to his side, and with his already outstretched right leg he pushed aside the blue curtain (with intricate grey designs sewn into it) obscuring his view of the world. With the wandering eyes he noticed the way the potted plants out on the terrace bent to the will of the winds and the way the gentle breeze flitted through its branches.

He looked out to the setting sun and decided it was time to go people watching. He pushed himself off the wooden floor which made several creaks in protest as he walked to the door where he slid his feet into a pair of blue sneakers and picked up the umbrella lying nonchalantly beside it before placing his hands(which he thought were quite small for a guy) on the cold knob, givin it a twist he stepped through the threshold out into the waning sunlight.

 

He took a deep breath and tilted his face to look up at the skies as the wind drifted through his own honey brown hair just like it did the branches.

 

'God must be in an artistic mood today', He said out loud to no one as he admired the gold streaks blend into the blue and orange streaked clouds, doted at the centre by a reddish sun creating a beautiful canvas even picasso would be jealous of.

Speaking of picasso, he chuckled to himself while climbing down the stairs (deciding not to take the elevator to exercise his lazy as he likes to put it)as he remembered his friend Wu yifan aka kriscasso the self acclaimed artiste whose drawings were, to simply put out of this world. The boy claimed to be the best artist and believed so strongly in it.

On one particular occassion he brandished his new drawing right under Luhan's nose almost shoving it into his mouth(Luhan was right in the middle of biting into a beef burger) and beamed up Luhan with his small mouth and gummy teeth expecting Luhan to take a look at it immediately whether or not he was busy. He placed his burger on the table and picked up the drawing,after staring at it for a few seconds he realized he didn't know what the four legged creature with what looked like feathers and a beak was(well this wasn't the first time he didn't recognize one of Yifan's outworldy drawings) so he decided to ask Yifan.

'Kriscasso, what is this?'.

'Its a swan I saw at the lake this morning, its beautiful isn't it?Yifan beamed back.

Luhan couldn't find it in his heart to break Yifan's heart, so he just nodded and smiled, afterall a little white lie doesn't hurt and besides a man can believe in himself as much as he wants as long as its not hurting anyone and Luhan was sure Yifan's 'outworldly mutant alien swan' drawing would do no harm and at worst only evoke laughter from even the most miserable person out there.

 

Skipping the cracks in the side walk with his head down in concentration, he looked up when boisterous laughter filtered into his ears. His eyes settled upon two boys walking in the opposite direction talking and gesticulating wildly which kept people standing at least a meter away from for safety measures.

Luhan(referring to himself in third person) certainly was definitely interested in their conversation and so in order not to look like he was trying to eavesdrop on their conversation he opted to stare at their T-shirts instead(weird choice I know).

So while actually eavesdropping he tilted his head a little bit to the side out of habit as he peered curiously at the scrawls on the T-shirt worn by the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter