Story 4 - Make me your Universe (你 的 整个 生命,你的 整个 世界).[Kim Jongin/OC]

Letter To You & Other Stories(oneshots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Make me your Universe (你 的 整个 生命,你的 整个 世界).

A four year old Seo Hana steps out of her homeroom class after the closing bell to find a certain tanned four year old leaning on the wall beside the door waiting for a particular someone like he does every other day . He pushes of the wall once Hana walks into his line of sight and without a word he holds out his left hand to slip her bag off her shoulders which he settles onto his, and then deposits his right hand into hers before pulling her towards the doors that marked the school exit just like every other day.

'So how was class today, did you learn anything new and exciting, and did that Oh Sehun kid bother you?' He asks Hana as they walked in the middle of the sidewalk with her hand firmly tucked in his warm one as she had a habit of walking dangerously close to the road and stopping randomly to pick up things from the road and so to ensure her safety, Kim Jongin made sure to always maintain a steady grip on her hands.

'Nope, nothing interesting' she answers biting into the ice cream cone in her hands. 'I wish I was in your homeroom class, miss Rose is so much more fun unlike miss Seyeon who is so boring and annoying and basically just wears one expression permanently at all times, and no Oh sehun did not bother me today after I told him you were going to slap the lisp off his tongue if he ever bothered me again'', she continues as she finishes off the ice cream which was originally Jongin’s.

Jongin bursts into a fit of giggles. 'Yah! Seo Hana, when did I ever say that because I certainly don't recall uttering such words, don’t make me into some kind of slap dispenser'. Hana just shrugs before saying with all seriousness.

'Well if I said I was going to hit him myself, he would have made fun of my tiny fists so I simply told him you would do it for me'. She tilts her head and blinks cutely at Jongin, 'or wouldn't you?'.

'Ofcourse I would, no one bullies my Seo Hana except me' he replies cheekily sliding his hands around her shoulders and then he ruffling her hair on purpose because he knows how much she hates that action, he hastily pulls away to save his precious neck and to also place her bag back on her shoulders before nudging her towards the front door of her home. He drops her off with the usual 'see you tomorrow' accompanied with a cheery wave and then dashes off to his own house which was on the same street as Hana's.

'Oh you better don't see me tomorrow if you love that pretty neck of yours because I'm going to take revenge for my head, you tanned monkey' he hears a shrilly voice shouting out after him as he runs down the street.

Kim Jongin and Seo Hana grew up in the same neighbourhood after having met at age two on the playground where they bonded over their mutual love for bugs , Jongin being only just a few months older than Hana took on the role of her belated protective oppa, always sticking up for her and fighting off neighbourhood kids who tried to pick on Hana partly because of her small size and partly because he didn't have any other sibling to dote on as he was an only child. This annoyed Hana to no end because she believed she was more than strong enough to stand up for herself which made her often say to him, 'Kim jongin, I don't know who made you my oppa. Just because you’re a few months older than me doesn’t mean you get to boss me around or act like an overbearing elder brother',which usually got the same cheeky response “well, I am 7 months older than you which gives me every right to act as your overbearing oppa', from Jongin.

They became an inseperable duo always sticking close to each other, wherever there was a Jongin there would be a certain tiny Hana and wherever there was Hana there would a certain tanned male. They attended the same elementary school through to high school were they met and became friends with Chanyeol, an adorable shy tall boy with a deep voice which didn't match his curly copper hair, Baekhyun another adorable boy who stood several inches below the tall Chanyeol who has a crush on Hana's other girl bestfriend. Kyungsoo, the boy with Big bright innocent eyes capable of deceiving the whole world except for his close friends whom he takes absolute joy in messing with together with his partner in crime Kim Joonmyun, who also had deceiving angel looks.

There was also Sehun, Minseok, Luhan, Jongdae, Yixing,Yifan, Tao and Eunji who was Hana's other bestfriend. Together they made the rambunctious bunch of the whole school and though they were all close to each other, everyone knew what was between Jongin and Hana was different and special though the duo never acknowledged it. Hana was so used to being the center of Jongin's world and being the sole focus of his attention, that she took it for granted that he would always be there and that they would always remain the best of friends , until it all came to a screeching halt several months into their college life.

 

She gradually started to notice how he popular he began to get after he joined the school's dance team, and even though she was the one that encouraged him to join the team because she knew how much he loved dancing and she wanted him to show the world how good he was, she couldn't help the jealousy that would take residence in her heart whenever she sees him smiling at the girls from his dance team or laughing with other girls from school. She absolutely hated it when he gave other girls his rapt attention and it only multiplied whenever those girls made sure to either  lightly touch his arm or beam back at him happily.

Half the time, she felt like tearing those girls limb to limb and half the other time she felt him hitting Jongin upside the head and telling him to pay attention to her alone but she couldn't do that because she knew that would be a selfish,jealous and irrational thing to do and besides she couldn't let Joingin know she had begun to develop other feelings for him besides that of friendship.

As her feelings began to grow, she found it difficult to control, so she defaulted to the only thing she could do, she started avoiding Jongin. She would make sure to seat on the opposite side of the classroom, she avoided the cafeteria during lunch breaks and she also started hanging out less with the others whenever Jongin was there and this definitely didn't go unnoticed by the others.

A few days to christmas she was cornered by Eunji who pulled her aside after class.

'Hey Hana, I don't know what is going on with you these days, you've being avoiding everybody especially Jongin'. She says.

Hana folds her arms around her body a gesture she takes on whenever she goes on the defensive. 'I don't know what you're talking about, I'm not avoiding and I'm definitely not avoiding Jongin, he's just too busy with some other girls and I don't want to disturb him' she grumbles out in annoyance.

Eunji just chuckles at her action.

'Yeah right, I can totally see that. You clearly like Jongin'.

Hana splutters in shock and makes to start talking but she is stopped by Eunji who holds her hand up to her face.

'No need to deny it Hana, we all know you do its clearly written in your actions how much you do. But I don't know why you're avoiding him when he clearly likes you, he has always liked you, you've just being always oblivious to that fact. Its not my place to make you realize your feelings for him but I do hope you get the courage to confess to him soon so we can end all this shenanighans'.

She gives Hana a sympathetic look and then pats her on the shoulders.

'Anyways, the guys said to tell you to come to our little get together at Joonmyun's place on christmas day and that if you don't come, they would make sure to come drag you out of your room'.

With that she flounces away.

Hana suddenly wasn't looking forward to christmas.

Christmas day brought with it chilly winds and relentless cold.

After delaying for as long as possible, Hana found herself in front of Joonmyun's door, after a few seconds of deliberating on whether to run back home she decided against it and proceeded to press the doorbell when she remembered the threat looming over her, for she knew her friends really wouldn't hesistate to drag her out of her apartment. The door was answered by Jongdae who gave her a warm hug before ushering her into the apartment which was already occupied by thirteen others.

'I thought you wouldn't come, we were already preparing to come drag you out of your apartment once it was 7, but apparently you saved your own '. Baekhyun says from his position beside chanyeol on the white couch placed adjacent to the floor to ceiling windows.

'What do you mean, of course I was going to come'. She chuckles nervously as she wipes her sweaty palms on her cashmere sweater. Hana makes her way to the chair closest to the kitchen and farthest away from Jongin, she looked everywhere but where he was sitting and actively avoided any direct contact with him as the evening went on. Trying to take her mind off a certain tanned boy in the room, she immersed herself into the flowing conversation in the room, which kept on switching from one topic to another till it settled on kyungsoo and Joonmyun making fun of Yifan's obliviousness to his charms.

'Our dear friend krease is so oblivious that it is so painful to watch'. Kyungsoo flings his hands in the air. ‘Who the hell is Krease?’, Yifan asks ignoring the rest of the sentence.

‘You my friend is Kris, a name bestowed upon you by the female population of our hallowed school’, Kyungsoo answers pointing at Yifan for dramatic effect.

‘Why would they call me Kris, I already have a name’, Yifan says as he scratches his head in confusion.

‘Oh Ye my confused and oblivious friend, my beloved friend who is completely blind to the effect and charms he has on the female students of these hallowed school. How I greatly envy thee Yifan Kris, if only thy noble steed possessed half the charms you have, the fair maidens shall all be at mine feet, groveling for mine attention. But alas! I don’t ’, Kyungsoo continues theatrically.

‘He’s right you know, I do envy you’, Yixing added.

‘Why do I even bother with these guys’ Yifan questions himself before turning his attention back to the movie playing on the tv.

‘Because you lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter