Chapter 1 - Kwon Byul

Anti Fan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Kwon Byul.

Byul, a star. My parents who love me the most in their life give me this name wishing that I would shine whenever in my life.

But the reality is different.

I m just a 18 years old girl trying to pay all the debts, that increase everyday because of my tuitions, with all the part time job I can do.

Coming up from Busan to Seoul alone with the mindset of being successful, but now I m stuck between the debts and the part time jobs.

Yes, Kwon Byul is just a struggling university student who has tons of part time jobs.

 

 “KWON BYUL”

                 I look at the owner of the café which I am currently working at and bowed at him repeatedly trying to apologize for the coffee that I just spilled.

“I am really sorry” he rolled his eyes at me.

“Do your work properly if u don’t want your payment to be reduced.” He said it coldly, bumping me and walk away.

 

That is always like that. When you are working, you just have to endure everything from the mean boss to dramatic customers. It doesn’t even affect me that much anymore.

“Is that true? Yes okey dokey yo. Is that true? Yes okey dokey yo. Really? Yes okey dokey yo”

But THAT ! that affect me so much. I m just so allergic to kpop songs. But working part time job at café, store doesn’t help me at all since I heard those songs literally everyday. And I just can’t stand those.

I hate Idols. I don’t understand why would people even spend all their money and time on those kind of groups. For me earning money is such a hard task that I would never spend my money which I earned with all my sweat on such useless things.

And I think idols are fakes too. The image they showed on screen is never the real one. It is just created by their agency to seduce all those crazy fan girls to spend their money. And I cant believe with just that, they can earn a lot of money unlike us who have to work every second to earn money. Idols are seriously the worst thing ever.

That’s why I am an Anti Fan.

 

“One Ice Americano” I look up to see my best friend and best sister ever, Dara unnie.

“Unnie what brings you here” I ask her as I proceed the order.

“Just that I missed you. When is your break time? I want to chat with my byul” I smile at her words.

“Unnie go and take a seat, I will come to you sneakily” she nodded.

               I take her orders and follow her sneakily hoping that the owner won’t see or else he will be scolding me again.

“Is everything ok for our byul? U must be so tired from all the part time job and studying”

“It is really hard unnie. No matter how hard I work, I just can’t run away from those debts that following me” I sighed.

“Unnie is sorry that I can’t help u too” Dara unnie frowns.

“Nooo. Unnie has already helped me enough. I should be taking care of my things now.”

                 I still remember that time when I get kick out of my apartment, unnie taking me to her one and letting me stay there for free. I was there for like 3 months and I feel really sorry for not even be able to treat her a good meal until now. Then my phone ring. A message from one of my debt collector, telling me to give money in this month. I can’t help but to sigh as soon as I see that message. How am I gonna find all those money.

“wae? who’s that?” unnie ask me.

“…debt collector…” I forced a smile for her.

“How much do u need?”

                  She said as she open her purse ready to give me the money. For a second, I thought about taking it because it would be easier that way. But I just can’t take any more from her. So I quickly reach to her hand to stop her.

“Don’t give me unnie. If u keep giving me, I would be so embarrassed that I will not be able to meet you anymore” she looks at me with sad eyes.

“But I really want to help you…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter