Getting Ready

You Are The One (Sequel to I've Found You)

 

Narrator's POV
 
Donghae embraced JaeHwa tightly, never letting her go again. On the other rooms, they heard screaming and shouting. The members came out one by one to congratulate them again. JaeHwa looked at them weirdly. "What was that for?" Donghae asked. "For getting back together with JaeHwa!" Leeteuk shouted. "How did you know?" JaeHwa asked. "Duh? Who won't hear anything said in the middle of the hallway?" Kyuhyun answered. 
 
Donghae's POV
 
Even if I'm already engaged, I wasn't an exception from the busy schedules the members have. I see nothing wrong with that. But the problem is: how could I prepare for our wedding? "JaeHwa-sshi?" I called out. "Ne?" she replied, her head sticking out from the door. "Do you have anything to do today?" I asked. She shook her head. "Why?" she asked. "I've been busy this week lately. And I was thinking... could you manage to prepare everything for our wedding next month?" I responded. I waited for her reaction. I haven't told her that our wedding will be next month already, only now. "Really? Next month already?" she exclaimed. "Yeah. But if you want to move it, I under--" "NO! It's fine with me. Sure, sure. I could prepare it myself," she reassured me. "Great. Thanks. If ever you need my help on something, you just call me anytime," I said. I kissed her forehead and left.
 
"WHAT? NEXT MONTH?" Leeteuk shouted. The staff in the dressing room turned to look at him. "Sorry," he mumbled. "Keep your voice down," I whispered. "I haven't told everyone yet," I added. "Omo. I'm so excited for the both of you," he said, his voice shaking. "Don't cry! If the makeup artist sees that your makeup is smudged, she'll know something is up! And I don't want to announce it yet. But soon," I explained. He hugged me tightly. "I'm so happy for the two of you. You are the first member to get married! This puts the pressure on me too, you know," he joked. "Thanks for everything, Teukie hyung," I replied. I checked my phone and I haven't seen any calls or texts from JaeHwa. Guess she's having a fun time.
 
JaeHwa's POV
 
I"M SERIOUSLY FREAKING OUT. I asked help from Donghae's mom. I even drove to Mokpo just so she could help me. My mom took care of the food and the guests. I asked Donghae's mother to help me pick my own dress, and Donghae's suit. "Relax. Look at yourself in the mirror. You're glorious," Donghae's mother said when she saw my hands shaking. 
 
 
"Do you think he'll like it?" I asked worryingly. "He'll love it," she answered. "Why don't we take a picture of me wearing different dresses so I'll show it to him and ask what he likes best?" I asked again. "Sure," she responded. Thank God she's here. I would have gone crazy without her.
 
"I think this looks better," Donghae commented, pointing on a picture.
 
 
"Sure. I'll return to the store tomorrow and buy that one," I said. I returned the phone in my pocket and sighed. "What's wrong?" he asked. "Nothing. I'm just tired," I replied. "That's not it. Come on. What is it?" he insisted. "It's just... everything's happening so quickly, you know? It's hard to absorb," I confessed. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt safe. "We can move it if you want," he whispered. "No, it's not that. We can do this," I replied. "Fighting!" he responded, and I smiled.