Of Unspoken Feelings and Pokemon Go

Seventeen Café

To say the café was crowded was an understatement. The place was filled with not only kids but also grown up adults (some were even in formal suits) pointing their phones all around the shop and talking lightly. Because, apparently the creators of Pokemon Go decided Seventeen Café was a nice place to fill with Pokemons. 

When Seungcheol walked in at 8 in the morning to a bunch of people peeking behind the tables and a few even daring to go behind the counter and into the storeroom, he was, for lack of a better word, pissed off.

“Yah! Get out of my storeroom!” Seungcheol yelled at a 9 year old kid while locking the door he just went by quickly. It led to the owners apartment upstairs, and Seungcheol definetly didn't wanted Jeonghan waking up to random strangers seeking virtual creatures at their home.

When the boy goes out of the room with his head down, Jisoo gets in looking at his phone- and oh my god he's wearing a full on Ash cosplay, with even a Pikachu plushie on his right shoulder.

“Hey baby” Jisoo greets his boyfriend quickly before pointing his phone to one of the shelves and smiling victorious “Aha!”

“Jisoo, what the actual ?” It's all Seungcheol can say beyond such a ridiculous situation.

“Pokemon Go just got to South Korea” Jisoo simply says, not taking an eye off of his phone. He didn't even scolded Seungcheol for swearing! “And I just got a Charmander. I'm naming it Jeongcheol. I've already got Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Jisoo and Jihancheol. Baby, I’m level 5 already!”

Seungcheol couldn't deny his boyfriend was really cute, even was he was being an otaku. Jisoo always loved anime and somehow, Jeonghan and Seungcheol gifts to him - birthday, anniversary, Christmas, Valentines - always involved the japanese cartoons. It did made Jisoo the happiest boyfriend ever, so they went along with it. This was kind of weird as well, but they could live.

Or not.

When Seungcheol got to the counter, Seungkwan was the only employee actually working. Worst, Seungkwan was in midst of a discussion with a client.

“This is not a hazelnut mocha! This is watery, tasteless, how dare you serve me something like this?” The lady, that looks forty-something and has brand clothes on, yells at Seungkwan. The young boy looks like slapping her across the face, but thankfully he doesn't.

“Miss, I'm sorry about your order, but I don't usually do coffee and the barista is currently catching Pokemon.”

Seungcheol face palms as he looks at a corner of the shop where Seokmin is jumping around, excitedly talking to a 12 year old and showing him his phone. He makes a mental note to scold him later and runs to help Seungkwan. He snatches the coffee cup from the lady and sends her his best “parents-smile” (as Jeonghan calls it - it was an expression Seungcheol only showed to adults when he wanted to convince them of something, such as blessing the polyamorous relationship of their children).

“I am so sorry, miss. The day has been crazy, you know.” He keeps babbling as he makes the order correctly, and hands it to the client, smiling brightly “On the house. Have a nice day!”

The lady fixes her rather weird furry coat and large sunglasses and leaves without saying a word, but looking satisfied with the coffee. Seungcheol felt a bad critic going to one of their social media profiles, but it was probably just a small problem.

Seungcheol and Seungkwan deal with the clients and the massive Pokemon fans who still insisted in invading the counter for about half an hour. Around 8:30, people started drifting off - the children had school and the adults had whatever it is adults do. Therefore, only a few college students filled the table, too busy with reports and projects to even take a look at their phones.

“Oh my god.” Seungchepl sighed after everything was cleaned up and on it's actual place. The chime at the door ranged and Soonyoung and Jihoon, as well as their assistants, barged in, seeing first thing Seungcheol and Seungkwan’s destroyed state.

“What's going on?” Hansol asked, looking worried at his bestfriend.

“Pokemon Go is going on.” Seungcheol answers while rolling his eyes.

“Oh! We’ve played a bit in the way here.” Jihoon says excitedly. He was also quite the otaku, just like Soonyoung - they actually started getting close because of an anime. “It's really fun.”

“It just got us in trouble today, really.” Seungcheol sighs. “Right, Kwannie?”

Seungkwan doesn't say anything. He just walks straight to Seokmin and Jisoo, who were discussing the progress they did on the mobile game, slaps Seokmin right across the face. Everyone is utterly shocked, but Seungkwan is simply pissed.

“This is for the lady that came around earlier and you weren't around to make her coffee.” He points at Seokmin's injured face before staring at Jisoo. “You, too. I'm disappointed, hyung.”

The fact Seungkwan said only that and stood quietly in front of his hyungs afterwards only proved that he was angry - not just annoyed, but really really upset with his friends. He runs to the back of the shop and the other boys are left stunned.

“I'll talk to him.” Hansol offers, running after his bestfriend.
 

♡ ♡ ♡


“He didn't meant it, you know” Hansol says softly, staring worriedly at Seungkwan, who is crashed on the floor holding his tears.

“I'm just really stressed.” Seungkwan wipes the tears quickly. Hansol knew that. Seungkwan was going through a lot in college and work. (Hansol didn't knew, though, that Seungkwan was also stressing to know if his long time crush liked him back. Since said crush was Hansol himself, there was no way Seungkwan was ever telling him that.)

Hansol crouches in front of the other boy and smiles lightly, comforting. He missed this, being able to be this close to his bestfriend again, holding him close and wiping his tears. For some reason, Hansol felt like they drifted apart in the past months - they both got jobs and stuff to do, so cuddling and watching movies, going out together and hanging out just the two of them became a challenge. So Hansol missed comforting Seungkwan and feeling that oozing confidence and sweet feeling he felt whenever they were together.

Ever since Seungcheol figured that he liked Seungkwan a few weeks back, Hansol didn't bothered lying to himself anymore - however, confessing to Seungkwan was a whole different matter.

“You know how excited the hyungs can get about things.” Hansol reasons, rubbing circles at Seungkwan's back, trying to calm him down. “You usually get excited along with them.”

“Yeah, but someone had to be responsible, right?” Seungkwan gestures widely with his hands, and Hansol laughs at the cute action “I wish I could catch some Pokemons too, I had the app downloaded and stuff but now...” Seungkwan pouts and Hansol knows exactly what to do.

“Hey” he whispers “Wanna ditch?”

♡ ♡ ♡


It's almost 9 PM and Hansol and Seungkwan have officially disappeared.

“It's not officially a disappearance before 24 hours” Junhui argues.

“Jun, would you just shut the up for once?” Wonwoo says, fixing his round specs. Minghao rolls his eyes next to him, and Junhui sighs.

“Sorry.” There's honesty in his voice, at least.

Jeonghan shuffles uncomfortably on the counter. He is probably the most shaken by the situation. He takes the youngers of the groups behind his wings as if a real gentle mother, and having two of them missing was not okay. When he showed up at the coffee shop around 3 PM (yes, he woke up at that hour) and everyone explained why Hansol and Seungkwan haven't been seen in a few hours, there was reaction. He discussed with Joshua, who kept saying sorry, and it was so intense at the café that Soonyoung quickly kicked everyone off and turned the “closed” sign on the door. Chan cried a bit. It took half an hour for Jeonghan to calm down, but even now he was still nervous.

“Angel” The silence is so dense that even Jisoo’s soft whisper can be heard. He wraps his arms around Jeonghan's waist and inhales deeply on his boyfriend’s neck before continuing. “I'm sorry. I should’ve thought twice before… It's just, I really like Pokemon.” There's such a childlish tone on his voice that Jeonghan can help but smile.

“It's okay.” He says, patting Jisoo’s head. “It's fine, honey. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I'm sorry.”

“It's my fault.” Seokmin sighs, and there's tears on his eyes. Even though he is a mood maker and probably the happiest person alive, when Seokmin got sad he got really sad.“Seungkwan really went through trouble because of me.” 

Soonyoung and Jihoon caress the younger's back, like parents comforting a son. There's a heavy silence. Fortunely, it's finally broken by the chime of a bell and the laughter of a certain 98 line duo.

“Oh my god!” Jeonghan runs to Hansol and Seungkwan and hugs them tightly, right before smacking the side of their heads lightly. “We were so worried!”

“Sorry, hyung” Hansol gives his best smile, to which Jeonghan softens immediatly.

“Where were you?” Seungcheol asks, and there is a rather scolding tone in his voice.

“Yeah, we were seriously almost calling the police.” Mingyu completes.

Seungkwan digs through his pocket and waves his phone at their faces.

“I'm level 10 already, es!” He shouts, and everyone laughs because Seungkwan is just too beautifully happy.

“So, you left everyone worried sick to catch Pokemon?” Wonwoo asks, amused. 

"Yeah, we've been playing the whole day. It's really fun." Hansol says, taing his own phone out and showing his friends that he was on level 10 as well.

"I can't believe you two!" Seokmin sounds crossed. 

“Well, I thought I had the right!” Savage Seungkwan stares straight at Seokmin, who sighs in defeat before showing his trademark smile.

“Kwannie-ah, sorry~” His words are filled with aegyo, to which Seungkwan grimaces. “I'll make you coffee, come on.”

And they make up, simple as that.

Hansol smiles at the scene of his bestfriend’s happiness - that is, until Seokmin backhugs him and they laugh together. Hansol feels a bit shaken and goes to the corner of the shop, facing the walls and trying to look as normal as possible.

“You took him out, right?” He hears Jihoon's sharp voice behind him. Hansol just nods, still staring at the wall. “Was it a date?”

There's a slyness to Jihoon's tone, and Hansol whips his body violently to see the oldest smirking amused.

“No! What? Of course not!”

“Well, you sure wanted it to be.” Jihoon crosses his arms as he leans his back against the wall next to Hansol. That's when it clicks.

“Wait, you…?”

“About your crush? Is hard not to notice, really.” Jihoon shruggs. “Besdes, Cheol won't shut up about it. He wants to get you two together.”

“Do you think I stand a chance?” Hansol asks quietly, to which Jihoon scoffs.

“Honestly?” Jihoon simply points at a frame hanged on the cafe’s wall - it’s one of those Tumblr quotes and Hansol was there when Jeonghan picked it from an alternative decoration store catalogue.

“You're in love with him and he's in love with you. 
And it's like a goddamn tragedy because you look at him and see the stars. 
And he looks at you and sees the sun. 
And both think the other is looking at the ground.”

The answer leaves Hansol thoughtful, and he wonders if he should confess - but the fact Seokmin and Seungkwan were playing around with whipped cream wasn't exactly a reassuring thing.

 

♡ ♡ ♡

Hey
R U ok now?

Kwannie ♡
Yeah, i’m good, thanks
And sorry

Why you're saying sorry? lol

Kwannie ♡
IDK
Wasn't I a bother or something?

Boo
Whatcha talkin about?
I loved spending time you

Hansol stares at his phone, laying in bed. It’s almost 2 in the morning and he has class early in the morning, but his current worry was if he should send the “I love you” he just wrote. Hit the send button, and his relationship with Seungkwan’s changes for good. For good or for bad (most likely the latter, Hansol's head screams, but his heart keeps his hopes up.)

He keeps in deep thought for a few minutes, and the “Kwannie ♡ is typing…” at the top of the chat also hangs for a while; Hansol is almost certain Seungkwan fell asleep when the phone’s notification sound rings.

Kwannie ♡
I know you love me lol

Hansol smiles at the screen - because that was definetly something sassy Diva Boo would say. His friend was back to normal. He doesn't think much before typing an answer - overthinking is not really their style.

Yeah I do

Hansol sends before drifting to sleep. Little he knows that a few miles away, in another dorm block, Boo Seungkwan is muffling his giddy screams with a pillow, face red as an apple and heart beating fast.

author’s note: Oh my god I took so ing long to update, I'm so sorry ;w;
Honesly, I was having a hard time with this chapter because at first, it was something completely different from this and I rewrote a bunch of times and never got satisfied. Then, Pokemon Go appeared and I got inspired so I wrote this )o) Sorry if Iwrote something wrong about Pokemon Go, the game is not avaliable in my country yet and I'm not exactly the greatest Pokemon fan ;u; The point was verkwan, anyway.
I’ll work harder and bring better chapter to you guys, I promise! See you soon~ (hopefully haha :’)) ♥