Welcome to Seventeen Café

Seventeen Café


Seungcheol looked over at the café’s counter, starting to pack up with loud young adult boys, and wondered how did he got to that point.

All he wanted was to open a nice café with his two lovely boyfriends - to remind of what brought them together, working together at the tender age of seventeen at a tiny coffee shop that closed down years ago. All he wanted was to work there quietly and happily with his favorite people; Jeonghan, though, wanted to expand the place and to do so they had to hire more employees - and somehow, they ended up with the holy S trinity.

Seungkwan, Seokmin and Soonyoung were the only ones who didn’t made a fuss about the three owners polyamorous relationship - actually, they even asked about their love story! Jeonghan was amazed, since all the other candidates they had interviewed became awkward and uneasy as soon as they informed them Seungcheol, Jisoo e Jeonghan were boyfriends, pratically married. (“The…. Three of y-you… With each other?!”) So they didn’t think twice before taking in the three boys who weren’t preconceituous with them.

Wrong decision.

The first few weeks went just fine. They worked well, and although they were quite extra sometimes, Jeonghan motherly ways could easily calm them down. But once they settled and started getting comfortable, there was no existing angel who could keep them from bringing caos to Earth. 

Once in a while, Seungkwan and Seokmin would start random high note battles - being both singing students, Seokmin for perfomance and Seungkwan for musicals, it was understandable. But boy, how high could their voices go? The owners could hear the two singers from their apartment upstairs; they would come down running thinking someone got hurt or something, but it was just the boys trying to reach their highest note - and scaring the clients in the process.

And Seungcheol rather not even think back about the day dance teacher Soonyoung decided to dance to Michael Jackson’s Dangerous on top of the counter.

And, in the end of the day, when classes were over, all of Seungkwan’s, Seokmin’s and Soonyoung’s friends would come over and make Seungcheol’s job even more difficult.

“Yah, I’ve been waiting for my cappuccino for hours now!” Mingyu screamed, leaning onto the counter to poke at Seokmin’s shoulder, who was playing around with Soonyoung.

“Yah Kim Mingyu, watch your tone, I’m your hyung!”

“For two months!” 

“Still!”

Wonwoo laughed softly besides Mingyu. The taller boy was a regular at the shop even before triple S were hired - and after he started dating Wonwoo (even though they woudln’t admit they were dating) the emo-looking photographer also became a regular.

“I just want my cappuccinoooooo” Mingyu whined, tugging at Seungkwan’s sweater.

“Yah, what are you doing? My mom bought me this!” the round cheeked boy yelled loudly, startling the other customers. Seungcheol thought it was a nice moment to intrude.

“Okay, calm down everyone.” the owner said, ruffling Seungkwan’s hair and slighting pushing it towards the coffee machines. “Go and make Mingyu’s drink. Wonwoo-ah, do you want something as well?”

“A caramel macchiato would be nice.”

“Seokmin, you heard him. What about the two of you?” he turned to the two quiet boys sitting by Soonyoung’s side of the counter. 

“An espresso for me” Jun said opening a smile, and then throwing a flirty look at the boy next to him “What about you, cutie?”

Minghao threw him a disbelief look, pouting adorably. Sometimes Seungcheol just wanted to squish the cute chinese boy.

“A latte…” he said quietly, looking like he wanted to say something else but gave up. 

Soonyoung patted Minghao’s head, smiling kindly, and rushed to make their coffee. The boy was one of Soonyoung’s dance students, and the teacher just couldn’t leave the kid to his own luck since he just moved there and barely knew any korean. So, he’s been making Minghao come to the coffee shop everyday for the past couple weeks. He thought it would be nice since Wonwoo’s bestfriend, Junhui, a film school student, was also chinese. But the boy seemed to only know how to flirt with the youngest. It was unconfortable even to watch.

Soonyoung asked a couple of times if Minghao wanted him to make Jun back off - he still remembered a few taekwondo moves - but the boy assured him he could deal with it on his own, opening a mysterious smile that made Soonyoung shiver. Who knew a kid so adorable could be so terrifying?

The chime on the door ringed and they all looked up to see who was coming in. 

“Ah, the devil has arrived” Seungcheol sighed as a mop of pink hair came into his sight.

“Hyung, don’t talk about Jihoonie like that” Soonyoung pouted. Although he didn’t like it, it was true - Soonyoung’s boyfriend, also known as music theory teacher Lee Jihoon, was the devil in fluorescent sneakers.

Proof of that: behind the short pink haired man, there was a boy carrying a huge pile of papers, a backpack and freaking guitar case. Jihoon, of course, had nothing in his hands.

“Making students carry your stuff again, Jihoon-ah?” Seungcheol clicked his tongue, disappointed at his bestfriend “I thought I raised you better.”

“Shut the up, hyung.” Jihoon said coldly, while giving Soonyoung a quick peck on the lips. “He’s my assistant, it’s his ing job. I got papers to correct and I really would appreciate a cup of coffee right now.” He smiled at Seungcheol, eyes turning into crescents. His hyung scoffed.

“Little .” and turned around to make Jihoon’s coffee. “Hansol-ah, you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine” Hansol placed the papers and the backpack on the counter and sat at one of the chairs hugging the guitar case. “Nothing I’m not used to. Plus I get extra credits.”

“You sure?’ Mingyu quirked an eyebrow up “Jihoon-hyung certainly didn’t gave me any. He’s the reason I dropped out of music composition.”

Jihoon looked at Mingyu and then at the guitar case Hansol was holding. It was enough for the tall boy to understand.

“Fashion suits you better, you brat” Jihoon said while taking his coffee from Seungcheol. “Besides, you never deserved extra credits, you still own me a paper on pentatonic scale. And a piggy back ride.”

“I always give you a piggy back ride, you liar!”

“Yah! Watch your tone!”

Soonyoung and Wonwoo watched the interaction silently. Jihoon and Mingyu were bestfriends; no one really knew how they got close, but they were. Jihoon was much like an older brother to Mingyu, but sometimes their interactions were so adorable that their boyfriends couldn’t help but to get jealous.

That’s why Soonyoung jumped the counter and hugged his boyfriend tightly by the shoulder. Jihoon blushed but didn’t pushed back.

“Hyung, this coffee ” Jihoon made a face after gulping a sip of coffee “No sugar. Go get me some.”

Seungcheol scoffed in disbelief, but went to get his sugar anyways.

“You know, you should treat me nicer” 

“Because you’re my hyung?”

“Because I got you a boyfriend!”

“We already knew each other before.”

“Yeah, but you would’ve never even talked if Jeonghan didn’t decided you looked good together and settled you up.”

It was a fact. Soonyoung and Jihoon have been dating for around six months, although they knew each other for years - they studied together at Pledis University and starting working there as teachers afterwards. They never really talked, although they settled a small crush on each other, based off Jihoon secretly watching Soonyoung dance and Soonyoung listening and adoring every composition Jihoon uploaded on his Soundcloud. But it wasn’t until Soonyoung started working part-time at the café and Jeonghan decided they needed a new couple in the group that they started going out. And honestly, Seungcheol had never seen such a happy romance - besides his own, of course.

“Where’s the angel, by the way?” Jihoon asked while blowing on his hot coffee.

“What do you think? Sleeping, of course.” Seungcheol sighed “The guy only knows how to lay down and do nothing…”

“Hey! I work a lot, okay? I deserve some rest…” Jeonghan showed up from nowhere, wrapping his arms around Seungcheol’s waist and pouting while resting his chin on his boyfriend’s shoulder. Seungcheol smiled and pinched Jeonghan’s nose. Seungkwan muttered something about adorable disgusting couples and their need for PDA.

“What about Mr. Hong?” Jihoon asked, not really sounding interested at all.

“Church” Seungcheol said “Teaching kids guitar or something.”

“Typical church oppa.” Jeonghan commented “Is everyone here already?”

Differently from Seungcheol, Jeonghan adored their huge group that gathered everyday at the coffee. He called it one big family of which he was the mother.

“Channie’s not here yet.” Soonyoung said, an arm still around Jihoon “I sent him to get some stuff done for me. Once he’s done he’ll come”

As if on cue, the chime ringed and Chan and Jisoo entered the stablishment together, waving at them. 

“Hey baby” Jeonghan quickly kissed Jisoo who then rushed to peck Seungcheol’s lips as well. Seungkwan started mumbling again. “Kwannie, stop mumbling, it’s ugly.”

“Relax, hyung, he’s just jealous ‘causa he has no one to do PDA with” Seokmin laughed, adn Seungkwan threw him his best look.

“As if you do.” 

“I can if you want to.”

“Ew.”

The other never quite knew if they were seriously flirting or just joking around. Most of time, they shrugged it off as a joke, but Seungcheol noticed Hansol sitting up a little nervous. He knew the boy had a looooong time crush on Seungkwan, but was just too stupid to admit.

“Hyung” Chan called for Soonyoung and took a tablet out of his backpack “I did everything you asked me to. And look, I found this really cool song we can coreograph to, it has an amazing beat…”

“Thanks kid” Soonyoung ruffled his hair smiling proudly “Such a prestative maknae…”

“See hyung, that’s how you treat an assistant” Hansol yelled at Jihoon, who looked like not giving a single . 

“Is he really that bad?” Chan asked looking scared.

“The worst.”

“Lucifer himself.”

“The unholy offspring of darkness and death.”

“No, that’s Wonwoo.”

“I am right here?” Jihoon had a disgusted face on. “And so is Wonwoo.”

They laughed and Seungcheol thought that maybe having all those loudand extra guys there wasn’t really that much of a bad thing.

---------------

Ooookay that was the first chapter~ Let me know what you thought of it in the comments <3 
(This is probably going to be a really random story idk)