Living in Korea Chapter 1

Living in Korea

Henry never wanted to be in Korea. He wanted to be in Canada, where all of his friends are, where all of his favorite hang-out places are, where the people talked in English lived. But his father got promoted and was assigned to Korea. His mother was just all too happy to move in because being in Korea would mean she would be closer to her favorite actors and actresses in the Korean dramas that she loves to watch.

They got an apartment near to his father’s workplace. “Your apartment is right next to Super Junior. They’re a popular boyband in Korea right now.” The owner of the apartment explained before giving Henry’s father the key and leading them to their apartment. “Every now and then, some fangirls would gather up in front of the apartment building. Sometimes they managed to get on this floor and knock on the idol’s door or something. We’ve got security but heck, crazy fans can be sneaky.”

His father simply laughed at the story while his mother was completely ecstatic to be living right next to Korean idols. Henry simply hated all of it. He just wanted to go back to Canada right away. As soon as Henry’s father pointed out Henry’s room, Henry immediately went inside with his things and locked the door. He pulled out his violin and started to play a type of music that could carry out the anger from him.

One of his violin strings snapped. “Damn it!!!” Despite his anger, he carefully placed his violin back in the case. He unlocked the door and went out of his room. “Is there any music store near here?” He asked his parents.

“I think I saw one a couple of blocks before we reached here. Hey, can you help me move this table?” His mother asked but Henry didn’t listen. He just simply went out of their apartment.

“Looks like he’s still angry and hating it here.” His mother said with a frown.

“He’ll get used to it. Then he’ll learn to love it here.” His father said and helped Henry’s mother move the table.

When Henry went inside the elevator, another person followed him. That person started talking to Henry in Korean. “Sorry, I don’t speak Korean.” Henry replied. His mother and father knew basic Korean but Henry never bothered to learn. Besides, he was going to attend to an international school, where teachers would be speaking in English and maybe most of the students too.

“You… new?” The other person asked in English. Henry nodded.

“I’m Sungmin.” The person introduced himself and stretched a hand to Henry.

“Henry.” Henry shook hands with the person.

“Nice to meet you, Henry.” The elevator reached the ground floor. The elevator doors opened up. “Bye, Henry!!!” The person fixed his own cap and walked out with his head down.

Henry thought that the person was kind of weird and suspicious despite being friendly but he shrugged it off and went on his way to the music store.

 

End of Chapter 1

 

A/N:  This is originally a long oneshot but I decided to cut it out and make it a multichaptered fic here~ Hehehe~ To keep you guys on the edge XD Comments please?