Wonderwall

SET THE RULES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 TWO MONTHS LATER. . .

 

“Did you tell to her?” I’m really pissed right now.

 

“No. I didn’t. Why would I? We didn’t talk that much. Sometimes we just say hi and hello to each other and that’s it” he explained

 

“How did she know?”

 

“I don’t know too. But hey, I really don’t understand why we have to hide our friendship to her, what’s wrong? It seems like a forbidden friendship.”

 

“It’s not that. Sometimes Seulgi has a wild imagination and I don’t want to be part of that imagination of hers. She might think that we are dating each other, you don’t know her Mark. She is capable of a lot of things. I also don’t want someone teasing me to a guy. That might bring awkwardness.”

 

“Ok. If you say so. I’ll just go with whatever you’ll say. But I swear I didn’t tell her that we always hang out. Can we go out here now? Others might think that we are weirdos.”

 

We’re here in the library for an hour now. Using a book to cover our face while talking. We’re sharing the same table but pretending like we are reading.

 

“Ok. Let’s go out now. But I’ll go first” I suggested

 

“Go. Walk now. I’m after you”

 

I stand up and walk fast. I can feel that Mark is walking after me. I’m about to go out in the library when. . . .  Holy !

 

“Woa. Look who’s here?! Seulgi exclaimed

 

I am really surprise and I know Mark feels the same.

 

“So? You two are not friends? I see . . . JB my best friend lied to me” Seulgi said while she cross her arms.

 

“I didn’t say that we are not friends” I explained. I can feel that we are getting other’s attentions now.

 

“Can you two, not fight here” JB said

 

“We’re not fighting!” we both said

 

“Ok. But can we have a tea.” JB requested

 

“Yeah. Let’s go to Puzzles. Nice idea bro.” Mark said

 

JB dragged Seulgi away from me. Mark and I followed them.

 

****

Mark and I ordered a green tea frappe of course while JB ordered a pumpkin spice without a foam and Seulgi get a vanilla bean crème frappe. Mark is sitting beside me. Seulgi is sitting in my front and JB is sitting next to me.

 

We are all in silence and waiting for someone to talk. Seulgi take a sip and another and another until the glass became emptied. I think she is really mad at me.

 

“So? Why this is a big deal?” Seulgi started to talk

 

“What?” I asked

 

“This. Why you two have to hide that you are hanging out? What’s wrong with that?”

 

“We’re just. . . . .”

 

“Ok. I know you can’t answer that, so I’ll change the question, how long you’re keeping this secret from me.”

 

“Two months?”

 

“Wow! Just wow! JB did you hear that? I couldn’t believe this, she is my best friend and we’re always together and she didn’t even try to tell me this” she looks to JB and seems like he is also disappointed to me.

 

“Relax babe!” JB hissed

 

“Don’t babe me!” she replied

 

“Wait! Why you have an endearment now? You’re now a couple?” I asked

 

“This is not all about JB and I, it’s about you hiding something from me” she stated

 

“No! When did you became a couple?”

 

“A month ago?” JB answered

 

“A month ago?! Wow! Mark, did you hear that? My best friend didn’t even try to tell me that she is already in a relationship to think that we are always together.” I look at Mark and I can feel that he is not comfortable to this situation

 

I bite my lips cause I’m feeling tense right now. Hide my hands cause there are shaking and I can’t control it. It is very clear that I lied to her, but she also lied to me.

 

Seulgi is making noise by tapping the table. Seems like she is bored to this situation and she needs more explanation but she can’t ask for it. I know she feel anxious too. Any time one of us will leave this café and will have a dramatic exit in this scenario. If that will really happen, that would be our first fight as an adult. Since Seulgi is creating a noise, JB got irritated and hold her hands to stop it. He really sealed it with his hands.

*Coughs*

Mark suddenly fake a cough to lessen the tension. I’m trying to be calm.

 

“So, since we lied to each other, can we call that even?” Seulgi asked

 

“Sure! We are now even” we shake hands. 

 

“But I have one condition Wendy. JB and I want also to hang out with Mark, we want also to know him. Later, if it’s ok we want to see Mark’s house.”

 

“WHAT?! Isn’t too much Seulgi?!”

 

“It’s fine Wendy. I’m totally fine with it, I also want to be friends with your friends” Mark smiles at me.

“So what time later?” he added

 

“Around 7:00 in the evening. Expect us to knock at your door. Just write your address here.” Seulgi gives Mark the tissue papers to write his address.

 

****

For two months of my friendship with Mark, I never been in his house and he never seen ours. I couldn’t say if we are really that close. But we talk over the phone before we sleep to exchange goodnights and sometimes talk about bands as usual, sometimes books, and sometimes some professors in school, sometimes the economy, and other times the nominated movies in Oscars since last last year, we talk about the whole universe in other words. I laugh at him at times because I can’t imagine that he hates sweets. There are also times that we walk in school’s path way together and tease each other. He add some suffixes in my name like derp. He called me “Wenderp” because of my expressions every time I react to some amazing things, and as vengeance I call him “Markiepooh”, because I saw his sister’s text to him one time calling him in that name I just accidentally saw it and he hate to be called in that name. There were times that Seulgi has a class around lunch time and Mark is free so we go out for lunch together.  That’s how I define it. We also exchanged SNS accounts.  It’s not really my intention to hide it from Seulgi but I admit that it’s nice to have a friend aside from my best friend. I’m enjoying Mark’s companion. I’m just afraid how Seulgi will define our friendship and affects everything what Mark and I have. 

 

Seulgi hits the doorbell button. We used JB’s car to reach Mark’s house.

 

In less than a minute Mark open their main door and welcome us.

 

It is a big house. A very L.A kind of house but with a touch of Asian designs. There are paintings in living room, no televis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter