Tuesday Song

SET THE RULES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tuesday. I’m still hoping that I can see Seulgi now. But even her shadow is nowhere to be found. She’s very busy perhaps. Seulgi loves what she is doing. People asking why we are friends and sometimes I’m asking that to myself too. Seulgi is perfect. She’s classy, beautiful, intelligent, talented, and confident and she’s my savior in everything. She makes sure that she is always there for me. She’s my sister from another mother like others say. Her family loves me too. We’re both only child. Maybe she’s just really really nice that’s why she befriended me. We even have a friendship motto. It’s “forget blue ship, all ship, but don’t forget our gold friendship”. Our moms say that’s indeed cheesy and yeah we all cringe every time we hear that motto, but Seulgi is proud of that.

 

My Tuesday is for a Coldplay song. I’m walking so fast. Like my usual routine. But this time I can’t even focus to the lyrics of the song because of that letter. Last night, I had only 6 hours of sleep. I spent two hours just looking at the ceiling of my room thinking who sent those rules and why? I admit I’m different from others but I’m not ill.

 

We had dinner with Aunt Hye Kyo last night and she was telling me that the rules are not bad and my mom already knew about it and she’s with Aunt Hye Kyo in this one. Well they are sisters. It can help me to be confident they both said. They hope that they can meet the letter sender so they can give their gratitude because the sender is helping me out. But I don’t think I need that, and if I want that, I’ll enroll myself in some personality development schools or attend seminars. But I’m fine. I know to myself that I’m fine.

 

Now, I hate this feeling. From this time, I won’t let the rules to bother me. Mind the lyrics. Mind the lyrics. Walk fast, walk fast . . .  then oops! I saw a familiar face. It’s JB in a vacant room. Why he is in our building? I walk backwards.

 

JB is Seulgi’s flatterer. He is nice to me. That’s my best friend’s rule. If you want to win her, you should be good to all of her loved ones. But JB is really a nice guy. I could really say it. I want him to be Seulgi’s boyfie. He also one of the least of people that I’m talking and can have an eye contact to in this school. I feel comfortable to him already because sometimes Seulgi brings him to our hangouts and its fine cause he is so cool to be with.

 

“JB!!” I called him and removed my earphones.

“Wendy!!” he looks excited. “What’s up?” He asked

“Where is Seulgi??”  We both asked to each other

“I thought she’s with you, she haven’t return my calls since the last two days.”

“Mine too!” I said “Don’t worry I’ll visit her later in her house. I’m starting to fret now. That girl is trying to be nerd and. . . . “

 

I suddenly feel weird because I saw JB’s notes. The penmanship. It looks familiar.

 

“JB these notes, are these yours?” he gives a look to what I’m pointing to.

 

“Yes. Why? These are my reviewers. We have a long quiz later and your building is not that crowded so I decided to stay here and, wait Wendy you sounds weird, do you have any problem?” he looks puzzled.

 

“By any chance, did you send a letter to anyone?”

 

“A letter? No. Wait, Wendy you’re making me feel unease. Do you have a problem with me? With my notes?” I can feel his anxiousness.

 

“No. No JB. We’re good I can assure you. But can you just give me a sample of your penmanship? Here’s the paper, write here.” I took some papers in my bag and he takes it. “Write in printed, write anything, you don’t have to rush.” I added.

 

I just watch him while writing some cheesy things about Seulgi. Well, I told him that he can write anything so I couldn’t blame him if he writes about his affection to my best friend.

 

“Here. It’s done” I took it and give him a glance. I almost forgot that I’m taking a pre-law course. I should at least know that if he is lying or not. But he seems fine. He looks like he doesn’t hide anything from me.

 

“Why your eyes are glowing?” I asked him

 

“Can you ask Seulgi to read that?” he is smiling like an idiot

 

“Ahh sure! I’ll find a way so she can read this”

 

“Thank you, I owe you one”

 

Suddenly JB got a call.

 

“Really? The head office already released the preliminary grade? Wait bro, don’t spoil it, I’ll run as fast I can, so I can see my grade as well as Seulgi’s.” he fixed his things and look at me. “Do you want to come with me Wendy and let’s see how Seulgi nailed it?”

 

“Can I? Thank you. Come on!”

 

We touched engineering’s building for just a second. We ran fast as we could. The grades are posted in the wall. There’s a huge crowd. They are all excited to see what their respective rank is.

 

“Wendy I know you hate crowds, you can stay in this side. Wait for me, I’ll just check it all right?” I just give him a nod.

 

A few minutes, JB came back.

 

“So what’s Seulgi’s rank? I want to sur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter