Shake it out

SET THE RULES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Our love is pastured such a mournful soul

Tonight I’m gonna bury that horse in the ground

So I like to keep my issues strong

But it’s always darkest before the dawn

 

Shake it out,shake it out,

Shake it out, shake it out, ooh whoa

Shake it out,shake it out,

Shake it out, shake it out, ooh whoa

And it’s hard to dance with the devil on your back

So shake him off, oh whoa

 

The song is about to end when someone hold my hand and pulled the earphone that plugged in my left ear.

 

“Really? Florence and The Machine for this day. I though it’s The Script, for Wednesday?” she said after she plugged it in her ears

 

“You give me a heart attack. You suddenly pop out. You should call me” I muttered

 

“How can you hear me if there’s an earphone that plugged into your ears?”

 

“Hah. My bad. You’re already late, you should hurry up Seulgi”

 

“All right. Lunch later?”

 

“I don’t know if I can have lunch with you later. . . ”

 

“What? Why?”

 

“I have to look. . .”

 

“I’ll come with you. Ok. I’ll call you. Bye” she run from me without asking me anything more. Nah. I don’t want to bring Seulgi when I look for Mark and says my excuses to him cause I know she might think that I’m dating Mark or I have a thing for him. I don’t want to explain to her why I have to apologize to Mark cause she will get pissed. Ugh. But I know Seulgi will really come with me. Whoo!

 

****

 

He is wearing a plain black shirt, a white cap and a faded jeans. I have to admit that I really like guys who love to wear cap. It’s just so manly. I’m keen when it comes to boys outfits. I don’t know but maybe I got this attitude from my auntie. She says, sometimes you can perceive someone’s personality by how they dress.

 

He is reading something. Maybe an engineering book. Glad he also hangs out here in Puzzles.

 

“So, are we gonna just stay standing here and just look at him? Yeah Wendy he is a pretty boy and I totally understand you if your knees are shaking right now.”

 

This is what I’m afraid of, my best friend will interfere.

 

“What Wendy? If you can’t do it we can go and eat!”

 

“No. . . . . . I can do this. Wait me here”

 

“Atta girl!!” she whispered in my ears.

 

I walk slowly until I reach his table.

 

I practiced every lines that I would tell him so that I wouldn’t look like an awkward squid in front of him.

 

“You know what, according to my favorite show, tea makes everything all right.”

 

My cells are really with me right now. I never started a conversation to anyone like this.

 

I put the green tea frappe in the table. I bought two. The one is for him kind ‘a peace offering.

 

“Oh. Hi!” his face lightened. “Is this for me?” he added

 

 

 

“You know that you can sit I’ll not eat you”

 

“Oh. Yeah. Thank you!”

 

“So? This green tea frappe is for what?”

 

“Hmp. For being rude yesterday. For neglecting you?”

 

“I don’t felt that you neglected me. It’s fine. You don’t look fine yesterday, maybe that was really a bad timing?”

 

I can’t face him for the nth time. I’m just looking at the table. Squeezing my fingers and this is a sign of being uneasy.

 

“Hey. It’s fine. I don’t get mad in petty things Wendy, so in other words, this is a peace offering? Hah. I know that you’re sweet.”

 

Wait. What? He knows that I’m sweet. I met him just last last day and he can already conclude that I’m sweet.

 

“What? You know that I’m sweet?”

 

“Oh. That’s a bit unnecessary. What I’m pointing is you look so fluffy and sweet so. . . “

 

“Oh. Ok. Sorry. Maybe it’s part of being a pre-law student. Being suspicious. Cause maybe you’re my stalker. You talk like you know me” I’m starting to be confident in front of him now. “I’ll take that as a compliment” I added

 

“But that’s really a compliment though”

 

“Whatever you say Mark.”

 

“Wow, you called me in my name. That’s eargasm”

 

“Huh? How can you say that it’s an eargasm, so if someone calls you in your name you feel like listening to music? Is that you’re trying to say?”

 

“If you just met someone and they call you in your name, that’s means they really want to be friends with you”

 

“So, you’re saying that you want to be friends with me? I’m sorry if I want to clarify every little things”

 

“Hmm. I don’t think being acquainted to each other is enough”

 

He is so straightforward. I can’t take it. I need help. I almost forgot that I brought someone that can back me up here. I raise my right hand like a sign that I need her.

 

“Yup?”

 

She’s fast.

 

“Mark this is Seulgi, my best friend, I‘ve already told you about her right? Seulgi this is Mark”

 

I introduced them to each other. Seulgi sits beside me.

 

“Hi. Mark nice to meet you” Seulgi extended her hands.

 

“Nice to meet you too Seulgi”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter