Monday Song

SET THE RULES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 My left hand is holding my favorite green tea. My right hand is for the door of the cab. Should I get out now in this cab? Of course I have to. As if I have a choice.

“Excuse me Ms., are you going out from my cab or I’ll take you from other place? Just tell me because we are wasting our time and you’ll be late” I know that this cab driver is now irritated.

“Yeah. I’ll go out now, sorry. I’m really really sorry.” I give him my payment before I go out.

Ok Wendy, put your earphones now, and play your Monday song. I take a sip and another of my green tea and now the can is empty. I throw it to the near trash bin and then look back to my phone searching my Monday song. Then.  . . Yay! I found it and hit the play button. It’s an Oasis’ song. The length of the song is four minutes and 18 seconds. I should get in my classroom before this song end. I raise the volume to the point that my eardrums will ask for help. My ears should only for the lyrics of the song and not for the voices of this people and their no good words.

Put your body straight. Don’t look to anybody. Don’t try to meet anybody’s eyes. Don’t mind how they look at you.

That’s my everyday reminder for myself.

It’s 8:47 a.m. My class will start at 9:30. I think I should go first to guidance office. I need a consultant. Why guidance office in this school is so far from my department’s building?

Shocks! The song has ended! I’ll just run.

“Is Ms. Hye Kyo already here?” I ask the lady clerk sitting next to the door. She smile at me and give me hand gesture of ‘yeah come in’.

“Wendy? What brings you here baby?” my aunt open her arms and asking for a hug but I refuse and give her a look of I’m-not-a-baby-anymore. I agitatedly open my bag and shows the yellow paper.

“What’s this?” I think she’s acting that she is confuse but still calm. I don’t buy those dramas. Geez she’s a guidance counselor of this school. She needs to talk in soft voice, and needs to be prim and proper. ALWAYS.

“Why did you send that to me? What do you want?” I ask her with a fake smile cause I don’t her to shame in front of her secretary. She holds my hands and drags me in her office and lock the door.

“Wendy, I don’t have a time for this, tell me what this is and why you are acting like a brat?”

“See for yourself” She opens the paper and read it. “Who sent this to you?!” her face is full of question marks. “I’m asking that too, so my beautiful auntie can you just admit it so I can forgive you right here, right now?” I give her a puppy eyes so she can tell the truth now.

“Wendy you know me! I’ll not give you anything that will make you feel bad or will give you something to think of, when did you receive this?”

“I checked our mail box this morning and I saw that. You’re the only one who have the guts to give and say that to me because you’re a guidance counselor” I’m starting to freak out. If not her? Who will send that to me? Holy crap.

“I’ll call you later or drop in your house, let’s have dinner together, you gonna be late, so for now attend your class. But I can give you a hundred percent guarantee that I’m not the one who sent that letter, I’ll help you don’t you worry ok?” she patted my head and I decided to go.

 

***

Political Science 04. Our professor who is “blah” just keep on discussing the 48 Laws of Power. Until right now I’m questioning myself why I’m taking Legal Management. But I want to give myself a standing ovation because I didn’t expect that I can endure the first two years of college while taking the course that I don’t really want. Duh. I’m just 17 years old when I entered college. What I know about life? I’m not like the other people that have a clear idea what they are taking to or where they are heading to. I’m unsure in everything. So that’s why I ended up in this boring course.

Three minutes . . . two m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter