Warmth (3/5)

Warmth

The next day, Yunho and Jaejoong decided to meet each other at the same café, and the wonderful smells of Christmas encompassed them once again.

“So, Joongie, what have you planned for Christmas?”

“Well, I don’t really know. I was “temporarily dismissed” from my job because of the whole presentation incident, I can’t really spend as much as I usually do. I’m afraid that…Christmas will just be me and myself, watching the parade on TV and…”

Jaejoong’s voice caught. He had never had to experience such a bleak Christmas. He had always had the best of Christmases, since his family had been quite well off. Even after he’d moved out and gotten his job, he had always been able to afford all the wonderful presents and things, and had gotten a chance to spend time with his family. This year, his parents and sisters had decided to go to Hawaii for Christmas, and as much as Jaejoong wanted to go along, it was impossible now.

“I...I’m sorry Jaejoong. I didn’t want to make you upset…I was just wondering…”

Jaejoong laughed slightly, “Don’t worry Yunho. It’s really fine. I have to learn how to deal with life.”

“Hey, I have an idea! How about we celebrate Christmas together? My family isn’t in town either, and I was going to spend my Christmas alone too, so this way, we can accompany each other!”

“Oh, Yunho, I don’t want to impose on you, I’m sure-“

“Not at all Jaejoong! I would be absolutely delighted to have you! It would be one of the best Christmases of my life!”

“Wow, Yun, a bit dramatic huh? Ok, ok, I’ll be there! You’re so sweet. We only met yesterday and yet you’re willing to spend your Christmas with me. I bet you do this with all your friends,” Jaejoong joked.

“I don’t Jaejoong. Only with the ones who are truly special.”

Jaejoong’s heart skipped a beat.

“Only for you.”

Jaejoong couldn’t help but smile.