07.

Finding Father

I'

07


      "It's perfect," 

Suzy chuckled under her breath as she watched the video that her manager projected onto the wall. Her manager watched from the side, biting his nails. Although he was Suzy's manager, he was also Taehyung's good friend and felt so bad about doing this. 

"Don't make me do stuff like this again," the manager sighed and grabbed his bag to leave her house.

"Oppa," she stared at him. 

He sighed and turned back, staring at Suzy. 

"Stuff like friendship.. it's not real," she smiled at him. "Good night."

The manager sighed and hurried out of the corridor, standing infront of the elevator. 

His hands shook as he got on the elevator, staring at the video clip in his mobile phone. So many thoughts were running through his head, but there was not a single one that could tell him what the right thing to do was.

Taehyung was an elite student and had a perfect life infront of him; releasing this video meant that he would be ruining Taehyung's entire life. He closed his eyes and leaned his head against the golden elevator wall, trying to cool his head.

Beep

He looked at his phone and breathed unevenly.

News headlines had already appeared: Headline: Nation's first love Bae Suzy ually assaulted.

 

>> Kim Residence <<

      Jieun, Jiwoo, and Baekhyun sat infront of the television, watching as the news anchor made frantic announcements about Bae Suzy's ual assault. Baekhyun sat there with his jaws dropped, unable to say another word. 

Jieun and Jiwoo only sighed and fiddled with their finger. 

Baekhyun spouted the water he was drinking as he stared at the video of her alleged boyfriend ually assaulting Suzy in the video. It was Taehyung in the pool, trying to get closer to Suzy while Jiwoo blocked him away. 

He stared at Jiwoo and dropped his cup.

"What is this?" he pointed to the television.

"I-" Jiwoo stuttered.

"Everything is wrong," Jieun sighed. "I should have stopped this."

"Now what are you talking about?!"

"Suzy staged this whole thing and had this man film this secretly," she muttered.

"Are you serious Noona?" Jiwoo asked, his eyes shaking.

Baekhyun stood up and ran toward Taehyung's room, slamming the door open. He was nowhere to be found, and most of his belongings were gone. He stared at the ripped photos of him and Suzy strewn all over the floor, and all their memories destroyed all over the room.

"Where's Taehyung," Baekhyun asked as he stormed out of the room.

"He's not there?"

"Obviously not," Baekhyun said furiously.

"Where could he have gone..?"

"We can't, we have to make sure that the public doesn't find out Taehyung is the secret boyfriend. If the public finds out about Taehyung, then.. it's really over." 

"But if Suzy revealed the video, it would be minutes before she blows Taehyung's identity."

"You two, go search for Taehyung."

"What about you?"

"I have business to finish," Baekhyun said under his breath and ran up the stairs to Suzy's suite room.

 

He slammed into her house and stared at the girl watching her stare at the video she released.

She placed her drink down and stood up, smiling as she greeted Baekhyun.

"Want banana milk?" she hummed as she opened the fridge to search for milk.

She poked a straw in the bottle and placed it infront of Baekhyun, returning to her sofa. She replayed the video and smiled in satisfaction, looking at Baekhyun who glared at her fiercely.

"What do you think you're doing?" Baekhyun asked, trying to stay calm.

"I'm the victim here Baekhyun," she let out a fake cough.

"Cut the crap you ," he spat at her.

"I see you still haven't bought that filter for your mouth," she raised an eyebrow and sipped her drink.

"What are you trying to get out of this?"

"Do you remember that day Taehyung asked me to be his girlfriend?" Suzy asked as she swirled the wine in her glass. "Did you think I said yes because I really liked him?"

"What?"

"You're just like your brother," she scoffed. "You can't understand anything I say. It's funny you guys aren't blood related but so similar."

"Where's Taehyung?"

"Where do you think?"

     Baekhyun thought for a moment and rushed out of the house, racing down the stairs back to his house. There was only one place Taehyung could be if he was not at home, and Baekhyun was afraid Taehyung was already getting wrong thoughts. 

"Come on," Baekhyun rushed out of the house with Jieun and Jiwoo running behind them. 

"Where are we going?" Jiwoo asked, struggling.

"Mapo bridge," he said impatiently. 

Jieun and Jiwoo exchanged looks of shock. 

"But that's the.."

"Suicide bridge yes I know," Baekhyun seethed. "That's why we have to get there before he does something bad."

 

     Baekhyun roughly stopped the car and rushed out, running along the bridge as he tried to search for Taehyung. Along the sidebars were encouragement messages lit up by LED lights which tightened Baekhyun's heart even more.

Baekhyun stopped in his spot as he saw a faint figure standing infront of a specific message.

He slowly walked toward the figure which was indeed- Taehyung, and looked at the message that he was staring at.

Just go and see the person you miss

 

"Let's go home," Baekhyun pulled his arm. 

"This bridge told me to go see the person I miss," he croaked. "But I can't.. do that."

Baekhyun sighed and only stared at Taehyung who stared at the message with teary eyes.

Jieun and Jiwoo caught up to Baekhyun and watched as Taehyung leaned against the messageboard and buried his face in his arms, crying.

"I really liked her Baekhyun," he cried. "If she told me to jump off this bridge I would do it for her."

"Come on let's go-"

"LET GO OF ME," He pushed Baekhyun away.

"Taehyung are you drunk?" Baekhyun raised his tone as the smell of alcohol punctured his nose.

"Why, I can't even drink now?!" He screamed. 

"Without Suzy, I can't survive a day." He paused. "What is the use of living anymore?"

     Baekhyun screamed as Taehyung grabbed onto the bridge railing and tried to climb over. Jieun and Jiwoo rushed and tried to pull Taehyung off, but their weak strength were no match for Taehyung's stubbornness.

Jiwoo and Baekhyun screeched in effort as they held onto Taehyung's hands.

Taehyung had gone completely over the bridge and was dangling off, and the only thing holding him up was Baekhyun and Jiwoo.

"Are you insane Kim Taehyung?" Baekhyun snapped. "I'm not letting you die like this."

"Why?" He questioned as he looked into Baekhyun's eyes. "You never liked me."

"You need to live so I can continue hating you Kim Taehyung," Baekhyun grunted and tried to pull Taehyung up. 

"Just let me go," Taehyung closed his eyes.

"YOU'RE NOT FILMING A KOREAN DRAMA KIM TAEHYUNG," Baekhyun roared. "YOU'RE ING HEAVY!"

Jieun watched from the side, not sure what to do. 

     Baekhyun and Jiwoo screamed as Taehyung bit Taehyung's hands and released himself from his grip. Jiwoo let go because of the sudden weight and watched in shock as he fell into the darkness, followed by a large splash.

Baekhyun turned around, staring at Jieun emotionlessly. He collapsed on the floor and gasped his hair, trying to figure out what he had just done. 

"Did that really just.. happen?" Baekhyun asked blankly.

Jieun gasped, her eyes filled with tears. 

Jiwoo was on the floor as his hands shook uncontrollably.

"No No," Baekhyun refused. "My brother used to be on the swim team. He'll make it out."

Jieun knelt down infront of him, looking at his frightened face. 

 

"I didn't kill him," he refused. "It was S..uzy." 

Jieun sighed and looked up at the LED message that shone above them.

 

Just go and see the person you miss.


Author's note:

I'm sorry for not updating alot.
I've just been really busy because although College Applications are over, there was still alot of homework in all of my classes and I was hangin at a B for most of my classes so I was trying to get those up. But now it's Winter break, so I have alot of time on my hands.

Also, I want to clarify on the Mapo Bridge. For those who don't know what it is, it is a bridge that is really to prevent suicide, because there is such a high rate of suicide on the Mapo Bridge, located in Han River. So they decided to add LED lighted hope messages on the side railings so as people walk along the bridge, they can read those messages and change their mind about suicide or something bad they were going to do. Just wanted to clarify because I thought some people would be confused.

I'm sorry my message got so long