06.

Finding Father

06


     "Abort the child,"

The manager said firmly as Suzy sat opposite him, staring with defiance.

"Are you crazy?" she rolled her eyes. "That's murder."

"It's better than aborting your entire career," he sighed. "Do you want to go from the nation's innocent goddess t-to an underage who got pregnant with a guy that is not her boyfriend?"

Suzy threw her nail filer onto the table and crossed her legs, snorting. 

"This is why I have Taehyung," she said nonchalantly, scanning her nails. "I can just cover it up as a case."

The manager stared at Suzy, lost for words. He knew she was crazy, but not to this extent.

"Do you remember what happened the last time you accused that innocent man of ual assault? We barely won the case Suzy, and that was because he didn't have enough money that's why we were at an advantage. Kim Taehyung's father is a millionnaire not to mention the fact that he has top lawyers on his side of the family we won't have a chance-"

"Oppa," she chuckled. "The public only sees what they want to see."

She uncrossed her legs and smirked.

"Who do you think they'll believe, the nation's goddess claiming victim from her long term boyfriend? or the ordinary teenager whose hormones are raging?"

The manager sighed and backed down, because as much as he wanted to protect Taehyung - Suzy's logic was correct.

"So what are you planning?"

Suzy smiled.

"Just wait," she paused. "I have everything all planned out."

 

----

     "What the hell happened to her?"

Taehyung stood up from the couch as he watched Baekhyun carry Jieun on his back, her bloody knees hanging off from the side. 

"She fell," Baekhyun muttered and rushed into her room, placing her down on the bed and catching hs breath. 

"I didn't even have to carry my backpack to school before," he panted. "I can't believe I carried an overweight girl home." he glared at Jieun who glared back at him and tried to kick him with her leg, wincing at the pain of the scar.

Jieun watched as Taehyung rushed into the room with a large first aid kit and passed a plaster to Baekhyun. Jieun watched in silence as the two boys began treating her scar with such detail and care she almost felt bad.

"You idiot," Taehyung glared at Baekhyun. "Why didn't you take her to the hospital?"

"What, you expect me to carry her to the hospital that's like an hour away?"

The two exchanged glares and applied ointment to her scar, Jieun hissing at the pain.

"How are you guys so good at this?" Jieun broke the ice, awkwardly staring at the two boys who were into wrapping the plaster around her leg.

"When we were young, our parents were absent alot because of work. We always had our cousin looking after us and she was a pre-med student, so instead of our daily storybook time, we had our little med time."

"Right," she nodded. 

"How did you fall down anyway?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow. "This isn't something you get from a small fall."

"Well I-"

"She ran across the crosswalk like a maniac and fell over."

"What?"

Taehyung looked at Baekhyun and then at Jieun who was flustered.

"I.. was looking at my phone and didn't realize that it was a red light," she bit her lips. 

"You should be careful," he shrugged. "I don't know how the traffic was back at your old place, but in Gangnam everyone drives rough. That's why there's so many hit and run cases around our area."

Taehyung packed up the aid kit and walked out of the room, leaving only Jieun and Baekhyun together. 

"About earlier," Jieun murmured. "Thanks.."

"What was that?" Baekhyun smiled playfully. "Say it one more time?"

Jieun glared at him and tried to stand up, limping around. 

"You're not going anywhere," he grabbed her wrist and threw her on the sofa. 

An awkward silence wrapped over them as Baekhyun looked at Jieun who only looked at the floor. 

"You really.. saw your father?"

Jieun raised her head and looked at Baekhyun who asked carefully. 

"Maybe I was mistaken," she laughed it off. "I must have been crazy. I've just been thinking about him a little too much."

"I can see that.."

"Look," she looked at him. "You don't have to help me find my father. I know you said it to stop me from running across any further-"

"No," he nodded. "I'll help you."

The two exchanged glances.

"I really want in on the secret too," Baekhyun nodded as he walked out of the room, smiling.

 

>> Fast Forward<<

    Jieun got on the elevator, watching as it stopped.

She watched as the door slid open and Suzy got on the elevator, all flowered up. Jieun stuck to the corner as she stared at Suzy's breathtaking back view, then remembering that she egged the beautiful hair that bounced off her back. 

"You play baseball?"

Suzy suddenly asked, making eye contact with Jieun through the wall reflection. 

"N..o." Jieun replied awkwardly.

"You've got nice aim." 

 

Suzy looked back at her and got off as the door slid open. Jieun bit her lips awkwardly, limping out of the elevator as Suzy walked infront of her. Jieun walked as she realized Suzy was going in the same direction as her, toward the pool. 

She saw Ji-woo near the shower stalls and was about to call him when she saw Suzy walking toward Taehyung who waited for her.

She hid behind the hose box and peeked, unintentionally for the second time. 

From afar, she saw a young man hiding behind the tree, recording Suzy and Taehyung with a poor camera. 

"What is it that you have to tell me?" 

Taehyung looked at Suzy who had her hand on her stomach.

"Let's break up," Suzy said coldly.

"W..hat?" Taehyung's eyes changed as he stared at Suzy disbelievingly.

"I don't understand why you would still want to be with me Taehyung," she shrugged. "I'm pregnant with someone else's baby."

"It doesn't matter," he nodded. "I still love you and I can't protect you-"

"But I don't."

An awkward silence flowed between the two of them.

"I can't delete the child Taehyung," she refused. "I'm sorry."

Taehyung watched as Suzy slipped out their couple ring.

"Did you wear that just for this?" Taehyung said emotionlessly. "You never wore it when we were dating, not even once." 

Suzy grabbed his hand and placed the ring inside his palm, turning around walking away. Jieun hid behidn the hose box, gulping silently. She felt bad for eavesdropping, but this was like watching a korean drama live.

Taehyung ran up to her and grabbed her wrist, tears filling his eyes. 

"Suzy please I can do better-"

"Let go of me," she said in a low tone. 

He grabbed her shoulder and tried to pull her into his embrace, but she screamed and forced herself to fall into the pool, Taehyung diving in with her. 

Suzy continued to scream as Taehyung tried to save her from the deep end but continued to push him away and screamed for help. 

Jieun watched in surprise as Ji-woo ran across the pool and jumped in, pulling Suzy to the shallow end as she hid behind him. It took him a while for him to realize that Ji-woo had saved Suzy; he was her biggest fan.

"A..are.. are you o..okay?" he stuttered as he stared at her beautiful face that seemed to be filled with fear. 

"H..he me."

Suzy pointed to the boy swimming toward Suzy with a worried face.

Ji-woo squinted and gasped.

Taehyung was swimming towards them, trying to reach Suzy. 

"Suzy are you alright-" Taehyung panted as he tried to go toward Suzy but stopped when Ji-woo blocked his way, covering Suzy. Ji-woo wasn't sure what was happening, but no girl deserved to shake in fear before another guy. 

"Ji-woo, it's ok." he smiled, trying to get past him. 

"No," he said firmly. "It's not ok. You her."

"W..hat?"

 

Jieun watched from afar as the man stuffed the camera into his bag and rushed out of the pool area. 

 

She knew exactly what was going on, but it was probably too late to fix it.