Act 8

Still

Another short one act chapter. Enjoy!!!


Act 8

“Have you ever heard of Superzombie?”, Jinhwan suddenly asked out of nowhere one day.

“Superzombie?”, Chanwoo asked with curiosity in his eyes.

“Yes, he’s a zombie with superpower! He can fly, and has super strength! Some say he can shoot laser too!”, Jinhwan exclaimed.

“Whoa!!! Really!?”, Chanwoo replied, completely fell into whatever Jinhwan’s plan is.

Well, since that day, Jinhwan would tell a story of Superzombie every time we go to the garden. And Chanwoo always get completely engrossed with the story like a kid listening to bedtime stories… This boy is too innocent for his own goodness…

Let me try to recall some of the story. I’m sure there is one called ‘Superzombie and Legion of Normal Humans’. And there is one called ‘Superzombie Vs tons of humans’. Heck, there is even one called ‘Superzombie in space’.

I guess it’s fine if Chanwoo is enjoying it. The problem is, he would just look outside from the window all day long, staring at the sky, and say “Do you think we could meet Superzombie…?”. He doesn’t even pay attention to me lately, not to mention the lack of skinship.

And no, I’m not jealous. I’m just worried for his mental health. Definitely not jealous.

Well, this morning, I decided to go out and hunt for some food, maybe bringing some for Chanwoo as well. It all went well, until I met a group of survivors. It seems that they’re not in a good mood, as they start chasing me away as soon as they saw me.

I’m just a lone zombie, and they are a group. So of course, I got cornered pretty quickly. But then, I quickly noticed something in the sky… and it’s heading this way!

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s Superzombie!!!

He came crashing down on one of the human. Upon seeing Superzombie, the human shouted, “It’s Superzombie!!! Run!!!”.

Meanwhile, I’m just standing there, looking like an idiot.

“Hello, fellow zombie! You’re safe now.”, Superzombie said.

“Who… Who are you?”

“Didn’t you hear them, I’m Superzombie.”, he said.

“You are real!?”

“Of course I am. What make you think I’m not real?”

“…”

“Anyway, I’ll be taking this human with me for lunch. Stay safe!”, he said before he flew away.

Since then, Chanwoo would never stop bothering me about Superzombie.

“You met Superzombie!!! Whoa, I’m so jealous. You should’ve called me! What does he look like? Is he tall? Is he pale like the rest of us? Is he muscular?” And so on… He won’t shut up about it.

“I’m sure he will show up if you get into trouble.”, Jinhwan said, quickly receiving a glare from both me and Hanbin.

Chanwoo suddenly turns around to face me, “Let’s get into trouble!!!”.

“Nope, not happening.”, I said as I try to hold Chanwoo back from dashing off somewhere.

“Anyway… Have you ever heard of Ironzombie?”, Jinhwan asked.

Seriously?

“Nope. Just nope. We haven’t heard of him and we don’t want to know.”, I quickly said as I take Chanwoo arm and drag him away from the garden.

“Eh… why?”, Chanwoo complained.

I ignore his complaint and just continue dragging him back home.

“Ok, Chanwoo. No more Superzombie.”, I demanded.

“But why? Are you… jealous?”

“No, I’m not.”, I said, turning away.

“You definitely are.”, he said while approaching me. He then gives me a quick kiss, “Sorry…”.

Then, he lays me on the floor, “Let me give you all the attention you want today.”