Everybody deserves a second chance

It's our paradise, and it's our war zone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 2014

 

"Really?"

His girlfriend had looked at him in awe as HyunSeung had just told her about the decision he had taken, in light of quite an interesting news that had officially come out regarding Beast last month. For the first time in three years, they had been set to have their own variety show. Well, own as in their edition. "Beast Showtime" as a follow-up to the first edition, "EXO Showtime." And his decision had been, to try to renew links with his group through the show.

 

"Baby, I'm so proud of you!" The young girl had jumped onto him, locking her arms around his neck, almost making him fall down in her impulse.

 

"Easy! I see I should have done this earlier." He had chuckled, hugging her back tightly.

 

Right. The stubborn Jang HyunSeung had decided to try. Here had been a reason to hug him.

 

"But, can I ask you what made you change your mind?" Hyuna had asked him, leaning backward to observe him.

 

What had made him change his mind? On the paper, or realistically? Either way, as usual, she had been the trigger for his decision. She was the only person who ever had this kind of power on him for a reason that had yet to be clear to HyunSeung. What had made him change his mind? How Hyuna had never held any grudges towards JunHyung, in between other reasons. A single month after their break-up, she had been able to greet him like nothing had happened, and as time passed, even to talk to him, laugh with him, be his friend again. 

To his own surprise, HyunSeung hadn't had any reaction to this. He had finally made her his after waiting for so long, and before his ego had been as imposing as everybody around him knew it was, the last thing he had wanted is to make her run away by acting like a possessive, jealous boyfriend. Which in fact hadn't been an act? He had been. It would be this much unbearable to him to see any man that wasn't Hong Seung Seung or her brothers with her, let alone if it'd be JunHyung. The lead vocalist had had to just swallow his pride and let her be. After all, she would have known best whether she considered what had done to her forgivable or not. And it had been the first option. How on this earth? HyunSeung hadn't comprehended it a single bit, nor had he ever understood what anyone meant when they would tell him "If Hyuna forgave him, why can't you?" 

On the other hand, it had been certain that anyone who wasn't him or Beast had thought this had solely been about Hyuna. However, there had been much more going down than best friends having fought over a girl. Low blows, betrayals, set-ups, hurtful words worthy of an SBS drama script. And one of the truths HyunSeung yet had had to admit to his girlfriend, is that he had been both the second and male lead of the story. But he hadn't been ready to tell her. Afraid that this would alienate the way she viewed him. It was too soon. Too soon to disappoint her. Too soon to risk losing her.

He couldn't have denied that the reason for his decision had been part of his solutions to amortize the possible shock. If he succeeded to renew a friendship with Beast, maybe she would not completely lose faith and trust in him.  He had wanted his actions to be commendable, but they had still found themselves to be calculated for some parts. That is why he hadn't been as reassured as Hyuna, but the fact that she had welcomed his declaration in such a warm way had made him feel a little bit better.

 

Also, there had been one last reason. And that one, he had had to tell her.

 

"I had been thinking about it for awhile now. Talking with Rado, my mother, about it all. Seeing how you handled the situation better than I did. Plus it's not like we will really be able to ignore each other on broadcast, right? I just think we should both make an effort. It'd make everything easier for the first time in ages." 

 

"And?" Hyuna had cooed, reading right through him as she had playfully fluttered her eyelids at him. And….

 

"And…I want to reveal to them that we are dating." 

 

Now, this hadn't exactly been planned. It had been a thought roaming in his mind, but making it a realization hadn't been a serious intention from the start, considering he had done everything in his power to hide like they had decided on the day they had become each others. But what had been sure is that he had been getting seriously sick and tired of having to hide his love for Hyuna, and it had certainly influenced his choice.

 

Widened her eyes, the young girl had looked at him for a few seconds before she had said:

 

"Wow. That's even more of a suddenness. Aren't you the one who has been making sure nobody knows about us? I got tired long ago, honestly." She had ended her sentence with a small pout, resting her hand in his blonde locks. 

 

"I could tell you did. Then are you ok with this?" He had asked, swiftly kissing her wrist. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter