What goes around

It's our paradise, and it's our war zone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 2014

 

 "So, Beast! We worked hard!"

Members, staff, and the likes had saluted the war whoop with loud claps and congratulations, taps in the back and hair ruffling hitting HyunSeung from everywhere in Cube's practice room that had been rearranged into a festivities room for the past two hours. Music, drinks, and snacks had been on the menu to celebrate Beast having completed their 2014 Beautiful Show two days concert, during which the lead vocalist had delivered the best solo stage, again, by the way. "A girl who wants to play", from Trouble Maker's most recent album, is the song he had chosen to perform, for obvious reasons. And he had highly anticipated to brag about this to his girlfriend and see her eyes glow with pride, but this had been the program without considering that Beast had been taking his friendship act way too seriously. Obviously. For once that a decision of Jang HyunSeung's had floated their boat, and their most precious boat, with that. The one of "friendship."

 

"HyunSeungie, the party is over here, but how about going out with us and drink some more? The night is young, young, wild and free!" DuJun, already half stumbling on his feet from both tiredness and being intoxicated, had passed an arm around HyunSeung's shoulder, very well motivated to convince him, still.

 

"No, thanks. I'd rather just get back home, I'm pretty tired." HyunSeung hadn't think twice. Any excuse had had to do. He hadn't planned on staying with them any longer for anything.

 

"Don't lie! You'd go home, and the first thing would be calling Hyuna...to get even more tired!" YoSeob had said with a loud laugh.

 

"I live with my mother and sister, may I remind you." HyunSeung had answered, coldly, turning around to face the man in front of him. In what reality had he thought that he had any right to talk about Hyuna, and in such a way, with that? Because they had become "friends" again? What a joke.

 

"Come on, he is just fooling around. And drunk. Relax." DuJun had cooed, holding the lead vocalist him tightly. 

"Whatever. Let me go already, I had long two days, and in fact, you should get some rest as well." The young man had pondered, ducking to get away from his leader's embrace."

 

"HyunSeung!"

 

The lead vocalist had turned around as a voice had called his name, in the person of Minbro, Star System's dance crew's main choreographer and director, who had seemed to very well be enjoying the party. Rightfully deserved, as he had amazingly taught over a dozen of routines to his dancers.

 

"Someone's waiting for you downstairs." With a wink, his friend had just delivered him the best news of the day. Hyuna had come to Cube Entertainment, whiles the young man had insisted he'd be the one to join her at Han River for an outing that same evening. Surely, some things were worth not feeling tired anymore.

 

"Alright guys, I'll go now-"

 

"Easy, easy, easy, one last glass, or two? Come on, in honor of our brand new friendship?" Yoseob had said, dragging DongWoon by his side for support.

 

"Right, Hyung! Do it for me, the maknae who sings, eager to learn some tricks, from his beloved king! Rhyming elephant in action, I think it's the effect of alcohol!" DongWoon had hollered, his voice distorted by an indeed exaggerated amount of glass he had drank.  

After forty minutes more of forceful laughs and sips of soju, HyunSeung had finally managed to get way from Beast's grip. He had hurtled the stairs four by four, almost running to the 4th practice room of Cube's building, turning around a corner, when…

 

"So how does it work, truthfully?" 

HyunSeung had violently jolted, swinging on his heels in an impressive speed only the dancer he was could have made him do, but almost losing his balance from the surprise. It had merely been reflexive since he had recognized the tone of the voice in a heartbeat. He would recognize it between thousands. Low, raspy and sleepy. To his biggest displeasure, it had been JunHyung's. 

 

"What are you talking about?" The lead vocalist had managed to drag out, trying his hardest to get his composure back by taking quick, discreet inspirations.

 

"One smile, a ? An interaction with one of us, you're on top?" The rapper had spread his arms, using the same "you should know what I'm talking about" tone he had used a few seconds ago.

 

"Mind, the way, you talk about her. I won't repeat myself. And what are you on about?" HyunSeung had gritted, feeling anger quickly taking the ascendant over fear.

 

"Do you really think, I am duped by your good boy act? Is she, actually duped by your good boy act?" The rapper had asked, staring at him profoundly.

 

"What-"

  

"Save it already!" The composer had roared.

 

HyunSeung had backed off, hitting the wall of the hallway behind him in the process. Playing dumb had only been a way of his to garner as many seconds as he could whenever he'd get cornered for a reason that would not be apparent to him, but this time, he hadn't been playing and he had seriously been taken aback by 's sudden examination.

"You have an ulterior motive as to why you'd want to become friends again with people you hate and I want to know what it is!" JunHyung had hissed, taking a few steps towards the lead vocalist.

 

"I don't have any." HyunSeung had fronted, calmly.

 

"That's why I'm saying. So how what do you gain from Hyuna? You're only doing this for her. To get her sympathy and appear as a good guy, all this with an ulterior motive? Talk about being good. What if I hand your to her, huh, HyunSeungie?" 

 

"I am happy lately! I am! I…Look, ‘Good Luck' was a fairly good song, and for the first time ever I got to perform a choreography at the level my skills. I did my musical, I appeared on Immortal songs, I have a wonderful girlfriend. All this actually makes being in the group bearable enough ok? Sorry to say."

 

This had not been a lie. Of course, there had been no possible way the lead vocalist would have ever sincerely found himself to feel the way he used to feel about s. But the past six months had actually felt satisfying and far less venomous than the toxicity 2013 had been. Him finally getting to showcase his talent had been of a tremendous help to not die from having to put on smiles that wouldn't be genuine for a single percent. But most of them had been so far, to his honest surprise. 

The look that JunHyung had thrown at him hadn't scared HyunSeung at all, he had been used to it by now, but the lead vocalist had had to admit that he had rejoiced himself of having seen the rapper swiftly bite his lower lip. Maybe too soon, however.

 

 "Listen. I have other things to do besides dealing with your random crisis, if you happen not to, please don't make me pay for it and go sober up." 

 

HyunSeung had proceeded to walk towards in a decided motion, but the latter had propelled him against the wall with his two hands on his chest, a rabid growl escaping his mouth.

 

"Where the hell do you think you are going? Answer me!"

 

"I have nothing to tell you! What you think of me is a long time not my problem anymore!" The young man had pushed him somewhat in shock, sustaining 's flaming irises as long as he had been able to. 

 

The composer's nostrils had shivered lightly as he had seemed to be pondering on something. Nervously, HyunSeung had had no choice but to wait for the storm, silently playing whatever information had tried to get a hold of would slip through his hands. Slightly narrowing his eyes, the composer had pointed a finger at HyunSeung, a triumphal smile stretching his lips.

 

"I get it."

 

"Get out of my way." HyunSeung had said, his heart violently thumping at his ribcage as fright had assailed him all over again. 

 

"She would really be disappointed if she was to discover what you did, wouldn't she? Way too disappointed to forgive you."

 

The self-betrayal that HyunSeung had been a victim of at this moment had made him regret his very own weakness, as his entire body had contracted at s' words. Whatever front he had held up all this time had crumbled lamentably, and the young man had felt his cheeks burning from shame, his hands shake and his end come.

 

"Didn't I told you Hara and I had a very pleasing encounter during Christmas last year?" The rapper had pursued, crossing his hands behind his back, proceeding to perambulate from left to right i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter