We Used To Be [P. 2]

Young LOVE

 

Hayi's POV

 

we are eating korean cuisine because Mr. Kim said Hanbin requested him. he must really missed korean food while living far away in Boston. i will suffered so much if i were him.

we are in the middle of eating our delicious food. we don't even have to wait long for the food to be served, it just took them like 30 minutes.

i slowly digging in my food as i sit across to my long time now awkward friend Kim Hanbin. i want to show my ladylike side and don't want to eat like a pig in front of the Kims.

'so, what school are you going to attend Hanbin?'. omma asked Hanbin who is gulping on his water. He looks at his parents before he answer the question maybe he want to make sure if he's going to say the school's name right. 'Dong-tan private high school if i'm not mistaken' his answer make me choke on my water.

i cough a little to clean my throat. 'oh really? Dongtan?? Hayi studies there too!' omma excitedly told him as she is side-eyeing me. what does she mean actually? why i feel like everyone act quite differently when it comes about me and Hanbin?

'that's perfect then! you two will be like the old times again hopefully' Mrs. Kim said that with sparkling eyes. she then looks at me and smile brightly. i reply her smile with a shy smile. in my head, i wonder why she give me that kind of secret but meaningful smile. everyone except me, Hanbin and Hanbyul who doesn't know anything laugh at her comment. seriously, you guys are making us more awkward.

'don't you guys want to catch up with each other? it's been a long time' appa said to me and Hanbin. why do i feel like he want us to have our time together? it's not like i don't want but that just so direct of him. i look at Hanbin and so is he. he flashed me his smile that girls are dying for. my heart did skip a beat though. 

'so you want to go out?' he said as he points his finger to the glass door behind him. i nod my head as a sign of approval and follow him outside.

before he go out of the room he manage to grab a black jacket hanging on the coat rack which i assume his. he also open the door for me like a gentleman, he never lose his good manners it seems. 

as i make myself comfortable by sitting on the round rattan sofa that is placed facing the beautiful view of Seoul City he carefully close the glass door behind him. he then make his way to share the sofa with me.

i keep rubbing my bare knees because it is so cold outside. it is near autumn now so it is a mistake to wear a knee long dress at night. 

as i keep rubbing my knees i hear Hanbin said something to me. 'here' i turn my head and quite suprised to see him handing his jacket to me. 'no it's okay' i shyly refuse him. i don't want him to catch a cold because he's wearing just a thin layer of shirt and it's like freezing everytime the wind blow.

'you can take it Hayi-ah, i'm going to give it to you anyway' he said softly. his hand is still holding the black jacket, waiting for me to take it from him. 

'thank you' i said and take it from him. i couldn't refuse him more because he's giving me the quite dissapointed look in his eyes. it's just a simple move but i'm touched by his consideration towards me. you really grown up well Hanbin-ah.

no one dares to speak for the past 5 minutes. i think he also enjoys the quiteness and the beautiful view of Seoul like me. 

'so, how are you doing?' he asks while looking at me to break the ice between us. i smile but still looking infront. 'i'm doing well, live my life the fullest by keeping myself busy with school work and also helping my parents with their bussiness' i said to him but this time looking at the beautiful stars in the sky.

'wow~ it's jjang pretty... i'm glad to know that you're living fine without me' he jokes and smile sheepishly. he succeed in making me cracked a smile with his joke. i never knew he is also mischievous despite being a perfect gentleman.

'what about you?' i ask him the question while looking at him spacing out. 'i'm was doing fine but i really missed Korea so damn much. i'm happy to be back' he says. i nod in silence. i'm also happy to have you around me again. even though we are still awkward.

'do you still remember when we playing at the playground and you fell from the swing?' he suddenly ask me. 'you still remember about that??' i look at him surprised that he still have memories about that incident, he then continues with the datails. 'of course, i got into so much trouble because of that incident. i felt bad too because i don't care about you much even though we were 5 year-old at that time. your knees and palm were scratched and bleed too. i'm sorry in case i forgot to apologize to you Hayi-ah' he looks at me with an apologetic look. 

'chill Hanbin, that was a normal thing to happen to a kid. even i don't remember how the incident happened to me. you blown me away with your strong memory' i give a small clap as a sgin that i'm really impressed of him.

'of course i do. my parents scolded me non stop because of that' he said cheekily maybe trying to make me feel sorry towards him... and i really do. 'i'm sorry Hanbin-ah' now it's my turn to apologize to him.

'kwenchana~ it's an old story. i just want to make sure i won't repeat my mistakes again' he said cooly to me.

and that's how we spent another almost 1 hour recount the incidents happened when we were little and how we used to do that and this together.  

it's also nice to catch up with my old friend again, we really need our time together. i just hope that we won't be awkward again. fingers crossed!!

 

 


 

  • Part 3 is comingggg~!!
  • please support me ^^
  • please share your opinion about this chapter in the comment section belowww

 

(sorry but i ship them!)