We Used To Be [P. 1]

Young LOVE

Hayi's POV

 

I got nothing to do today... i woke up precisely at 8 am and went to shower emmediately not wanting to spend more time laying on bed doing nothing.

I walked out of the bathroom after 20 minutes of refreshing shower and found my brother, Hongki laying on my bed and still in his yesterday work attire. 'oppa what are you doing in my room?' i asked him curiously as i walk into my walk in closet which is just next to the bathroom.

'hayi-ah~~' i heard Hongki groans my name, he sounds so tired.. he must just got home few hours ago. 'oo' i answered him as i put my mickey mouse shirt on i then take my pink shorts to pair with the shirt. i like to dress simply and comfortable at home. i don't need to dress up prettily today as i have no plan to go out. it's been a long time since i got the opportunity to stay at home during weekend because i usually spend my time at omma's saloon. 

'do you know what time did i got home last night? i'm so tireddd' he whines and rolls on my king sized bed. i sat on the chair infront of my dressing table to dry my hair and put some moisturizer on my face. 'did you got home late again oppa? why are you so busy lately?.

'i don't know. there's no end' he got up and head to the door. i gave him one last smile before he went out. 'hayi-ah, omma wants to have lunch together later. please go check me out if i still didn't get downstairs by then. you might found my dead body in my room.' he smiled cheekily at me with his eyes closed. he must be really tired. 'alright oppa~ make sure you find your way to your room oppa!' i said before he shuts the door. 

 

 


 

 

 

i go downstairs and again found my brother. but this time he looks clean and ready. his position is still the same though, but this time he is laying on the sofa watching documentary.  'i'm ready to scream till my lungs out if i find your dead body. but i'm happy to see you alive oppa' i said as i make my way to sit next his laying body. 

'i'm happy too' he is smiling but his eyes is still on the tv. 'i'm also happy that you're not come home drunk this time oppa'. we have reasons to call him the troublemaker in the family. when he was 20 he lived in our family's apartment in Gangnam. he was wild and free at that time. He's young, rich and have a pretty good look. girls won't leave him alone and so were him. he got into 3 dating scandals with celebrities like Hyuna, Sohee and Minah in just 2 years.

there's more of course that's just the unlucky relationships that got caught at the first stage. i bet he's never serious with them too. after all the drama happened in our family my parents decided to force him to stay with us. easier for them to keep an eye on him. he's not that 'wild and free' anymore. he does make some troubles once in a while though.

'i don't want to be that kind of bastard again.. i want to live a happy life' he stated. i'm touched by his words, i know that he's slowly changing for the better not only for us but also for himself.

he plays his role as the only son in the family and that's what make me even proud of him. he cares for us dearly. he never let me go out at night without a company, he never let me go out with someone that he don't know, he be friend and nice to all my friends and more.

some people would think it's hard to live with a brother like that but i love it. i love it when he cares for me. that's why i'm so close to him i just love him so much.

'you need to find a girlfriend oppa you're already old. all your friends are in relationship except you. some of them are already married' i said and earns a kick on my thigh. 'owww!' i cry in pain as i rubbed my left thigh, there are a pretty big red spot on it. it's not that hurt actually. 'hey, i'm just 25, i'm young' he glares at me. i never knew that he's quite sensative to age matter since he's a man. 

i let out a chuckle. 'you're funny oppa. btw is omma home?' i asked him as i take a peek in the kitchen. i can't see anything but the kitchen cabinet though. 'yes, omma is in the kitchen making lunch with ahjumma.' he eyes is still glued to the tv.

what so fun about monkeys my brother? as long as i know he's never interested in animals before. you're not going to date a monkey don't you. i want a human sister in-law not an animal, even aliens are better.

'i'm home~' i hear appa's cheerful voice coming near us. i turn my head to the side and see him with a big bright smile on his face. 'uuu~ you look handsome today appa' Hongki compliments him as he sit on the sofa across from us. 

i always think that appa looks very handsome in his suit too, no wonder omma loves him very much. today he's wearing a dark blue suit to match with his white shirt and his black neck tie with white polkadots. he also never forgets to bring his briefcase to work. he said it make his outfit to work complete.

'are you going back to the office after lunch appa?' i asked him because sometimes he just continue his work at home if we eat lunch together.

'no. but i have to meet a friend this afternoon. he's planning to donate some money for the progamme'. appa plans to start a programme to help elderly people in need under our names and the company. i always dream about doing charity but never has chance to do it. so this is a great opportunity for me to take a part even though i'm still young.

'that's great' Hongki oppa said. while reaching the remote in the coffee table because the documentary is over. 'yeobo, Hongki, Hayi-ah~ the food is ready'. we can hear omma calling for us. appa immediately stands up as he remove his blazer and put it on the sofa side by side with his briefcase. 

i also stand up and want to walk out of the living room but Hongki oppa holds my hand. 'pull me up' he said. 'ugh oppa, don't be such a baby' i said to him as i pull his hands. 'you're heavy duhh' i ignore his hands to pull him up again and walk away.

 

 


 

 

we are almost finish eating. the menu today is incredibly delicious. of course the reason is because omma made it. 

'oh before i forgot to tell you guys, Mr and Mrs Kim invite us to dinner tonight because Hanbin is back from Boston with his uncle' omma tells us about the dinner plan. i'm quite surprised to hear that Hanbin is in korea. i've never heard any news about him lately. i'm happy to know that he's still alive.

the last time we contacted each other was about 7 months ago when he was in korea. we barely can catch up with each other because he went back to Boston just 6 days after. it was a very short yet meaningful time for me.

we were friends since we were little babies but since he moved to America we're not that close anymore. we've drawn apart from each other since then. i missed his presence as one of my friend.

our childhood friends used to call us kindergarten sweethearts because they said we acted like lovers. how can they even thought of that actually? they were too little to watch drama.

it was tough for me even though i'm just 5 at that time to let him out of my life when his parents decided to sent him to Boston to live with his uncle. 

hongki nudges me with his elbow. i know what he means especially with that smirk on his face. he's never approve me going out with any boys but what's up with Kim Hanbin? why he always act like this when it comes about hanbin to me? it's not like i have crush on him. such a weirdo. 

 

 


 

 

 

i took a short nap in my room after spending 2 hours playing video games. it's already 7 when i woke up. which means i just have one and a half hour left to get ready. i was planning just to wear a blouse and a pair of jeans but i soon realized that i should dress up prettily since i haven't meet the family for months.

i did met Mrs. Kim and Hanbyul last month when they came to omma's salon. i was there to help omma took care of some stuff. i was told that Hanbyul is playing alone in the kids playroom by the staff so i decided to take her around the mall after i got Mrs. Kim's permission. She really thanked me for spending my time with her daughter when she had a meeting with omma about their upcoming bussiness collaboration. it's not a big deal for me beacuse i really love kids and babies. i once babysit my little cousin Hwarang when my aunt visited us last year for one whole day. it's not that hard to take care of her because she was a very good baby. i think i'm pretty good at it.

it was easier to take care of Hanbyul because she's a 4 year-old girl. because that was my first time spending time with Hanbyul i brought her to the ice cream shop and to the playground outside of the mall to become close. every kids in the world loves ice cream and so do Hanbyul. my plan was going really well. we really had a good time eating ice cream and playing the swing together. She's very sweet and ladylike too, just like her mother. No wonder Hanbin loves his sister so much. i wish i have one little sibling like Hanbyul too.

i went through my whole closet and couldn't find anything appropriate to wear. i am now sitting on the black bean bag in my closet trying to remember if i mislooked anything that will actually be the perfect choice for tonight. 

i get up and walk to the island to take my undergerments to wear. i open the second drawer of the island and see a black elegant box in it. there is a gold ribbon tied on the box. 

i then remember that my sister gave me a dress on my last birthday. this is it!. i never have the chance to wear the dress yet but this is the time. i take the box out and put it on the island counter. 

i slowly untie the ribbon and open the box. a bright smile shows on my face when i see the red shift designer dress folded nicely in the black box. 

   

i look at myself in the big mirror in front of me. i love this dress so damn much!. i take my iphone on the island's counter and take pictures of myself wearing the dress to send it to my beloved sister.

 

Sung Kyung unnie <3

- i'm wearing the dress you gave to me to dinner with Mr. Kim's family~ thank you so much!!! 

do i look pretty in this?? i love you! i miss you!

 

 

i decided to go with this kind of make up but with slightly darker lips and hair to finish my look. i check myself out in the mirror and make a little touch up on my mascara. i quickly grab my black sling bag on my bed and my black sandal in the shoe cupboard before i go out of my room. 

i made my way out of the house. i meet oppa and omma at the front door. maybe appa still have things to do inside the house because usually he is the first one to get ready. 

'you look so pretty honey' omma comes beside me as i'm putting my sandal on. i grinned at her 'thank you omma~ you look nice in that dress too' i said and give her a side hug. i love her fragrance, it's always bring comfort to me. my friends always tell me that i'm a omma's girl but i disagree with them. i love my parents equally there is no omma's or appa's girl in my dictionary of life. they're the perfect parents for me. i love them to death.

'what is this?' hongki oppa approach us, i can hear jaelousy in his voice. 'don't be jaelous oppa, omma loves me more' i said as i tighten the hug. omma slaps my back playfully 'there's no such of thing.. my children are my everything, never once crossed in my mind that i love hayi or your noona more than i love you. you guys are my pride so don't make troubles again' omma said to us. it was very sweet though but at the end i burst out laughing because omma's tone changed, she clearly wants to say that to Hongki oppa.

'listen to that brother' i patted his back after i broke the hug with omma. he lets out a groan. 'i got it omma, hayi-' he speak nicely to omma but he then glares at me. 

'enough guys. let's go' appa get out of the house with keys in his hand. it's looks like he's going to drive to the restaurant since i don't see ahjusshi anywhere too. 

i ride at the back seat of appa's new car Bently Bentayga that he just bought last month with my noisy oppa. he just don't want to stop singing along with every song playing on the radio even when i hit him several times. he just won't stop. what did i do to deserve this in my life?

'we are here guys' omma announced as appa enters the parking lot of the luxurious restaurant. i'll be happy just to eat instant noodles at home, this is heaven.

i follow my parents to the table Mr. Kim has booked with Hongki oppa trailing behind me. appa opens the door to our private dining room and i can see Mr. and Mrs. Kim get up to greet us.

i just stand there awkwardly with oppa as our parents greet them. i smile and bow to them to show my respect and so did oppa. 'long time no see hayi-ah.. you look so beautiful' Mrs. Kim comes to me and give me a short hug. 'thank you Mrs. Kim' she hasn't let go of me so i also put my hand around her. she always has been sweet and nice to me but i wonder where Hanbin and Hanbyul is. 

'annyeonghaseyo Mr.Kim' me and oppa greet him together. 'annyeong kids~ long time no see huh?' he shakes hands with oppa and me. 'yeah, it's been a long time' Hongki oppa said to him as he still holding his hand. i just give him the brightest smile.

Mrs. Kim let go of me and walks to the deck's door. there also a table and chairs outside. 'Hanbin-ah, Hanbyul-ah come in, they're here' Mrs. Kim calls them. why did my heart beats so much when i heard his name? it is because i haven't see him in a long time?

later then i can see hanbin who is in tight black pants with his white shirt tucked in and Hanbyul in her floral long dress. Hanbin looks so handsome in that outfit which is also what i like a man to wear. 

maybe i stared at him too long because he is now locking eyes with me. i go back to reality and give him a slightly awkward smile and high-five with Hanbyul who is standing next to me while holding my hand. 

'greet her properly Hanbin-ah you haven't see her for almost a year' Mr. Kim speak suddenly, maybe we are too awkward around each other. 'a-annyeong' he shutters and smiles at me. i let out a soft chuckle because he's too cute. 'annyeong too' i waves my hand to him to make it less awkward for our family to see.

'what is this? since when are you guys like this?' appa laughs with Mr. Kim. 'yeah, you guys used to be really comfortable and crazy around each other' Mrs. Kim interrupts. omma also look at us and laughs. what so funny about us being awkward?

Hongki oppa also keep nudging his eyebrows at me. i then look back at Hanbin and find he space out while looking at me. he's still smiling like an idiot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



  • This is part 1 of 'We Used To Be'. Part 2 is on the way and i'll post it if you guys like the part 1.
  • Sorry if there are mistakes and stuff. english is not my mother language.
  • plaese support me!! ^^
  • please subscribe and comment too i really want to know what do you guys think of my writing.