Chapter IV

Through the sands of time

Sunggyu lifts the cloth carefully from Myungsoo’s forehead, preventing it from falling, then dibs it in the water. The former warm water gradually cooling, absorbed by the thin cloth. Sunggyu rinses the cloth, dries it a little, then puts it back on Myungsoo. The latter whimpers as a response, yet showing no sign that he will awake soon.

Myungsoo has been out cold since Sunggyu and Minseok transferred him to the bed hours ago. His fever does not go down yet which worries Sunggyu. He also had not anything to consume before he fainted, his stomach agrees with it by growling once in a while. Sunggyu had tried to wake him up but to no avail. Myungsoo only came to conscious world shortly, said ‘hyung..’ exasperatedly then went to sleep again.

Sunggyu scoots closer to Myungsoo. He is now sitting beside him on the bed, on his right side. It is easier to reach the basin placed on the bedside table from his position. He has not budge from there since Myungsoo collapsed, tending him and taking care of him. He forgoes his meals, reasoning himself that he is on diet anyway. Skipping meals is a choice; almost like his habit now. His mother will be furious if she knows.

Sunggyu yawns loudly. His eyes starts to grow heavy minutes by minutes. The clock shows that it is past midnight already. There is no other sounds than Myungsoo’s quiet whimpers. Sunggyu touches Myungsoo’s hand, feeling hot temperature emitted from the younger. His fingers move, seeking for something, anything, that Sunggyu cannot resist but envelop them in his own hands. Myungsoo stops moving, falling again to dreaming land.

It is like a repeated pattern; he is semi awake for a short time then fade away into the black abyss.

Just as Sunggyu starts to close his eyes, he hears some groans nearby. He reopens his eyes, thinking it to be Myungsoo. But his husband still has his eyes fully shut, no sounds from his mouth and seems to be in deep slumber.

“Urgh..”

The groan grows louder.

A movement from his left side brings him to turn his head and what welcomes him makes him rolls his eyes.

Minseok, still clad in his full attire, jackets and all are slowly regaining his consciousness. He rubs the sleep from his eyes, turning his head right and left, trying to comprehend where is he right now. The guy, now sitting on a long sofa beside the married couple’s bed, finally finds Sunggyu, looking at him blankly.

“Good morning, sleeping beauty. Has a good time resting?”

Minseok blinks, “Who are you?”

“Me?”

Minseok nods, “O, you? What are you doing in my room?”

Sunggyu wonders if Minseok got some concussion when he free fell to the floor before.

“I am Sunggyu. And for your information, this is my room we are standing at.”

Sunggyu sees as Minseok’s face changes, from sleepy little baby to an astonished man.

“You?!” Minseok shrieks.

Sunggyu merely rolls his eyes. He checks on Myungsoo, still sleeping and not any least disturbed by the shrill sound.

 “Wha..t? how?”

“Do you really forget all that fainting or are you just pretending because you are embarrassed?” Sunggyu jabs.

Minseok gapes; jaws dropped and all, “Ya! Who are you accuse to faint, huh?”

Sunggyu merely points at Minseok, “You.”

Minseok laughs, “Ya, I have never fainted before in my life.”

“Then care to enlighten me as to why you were lying, dead to the world, for hours in my bedroom, please?”

Minseok drops still. He opens his mouth to say something but closes it again. There is a small fleeting defeated stance from him, “Fine. I do remember. I fainted.”

“Yeah, you were. What a real man,” Sunggyu slips back.

“Yah! Are you mocking me?”

“No. Of course not. Or am I?” Sunggyu smirks.

Minseok groans. Why, among all of the people, he had to faint in front of this man? It is enough that he fainted, the opposite from what he spurs on people, that real man does not faint, but in Sunggyu’s presence? He can say he loses his pride.

So, instead of answering Sunggyu back, he tilts his head until Myungsoo comes to light. His friend is pale, lying on the bed, his chest is rising and falling gently.

“How is he?”

“Are you trying to change the topic now?”

“No. I am just asking how my friend is.” Minseok emphasizes on friend.

“Well, my husband is not fine, as you can see.”

Minseoks scoffs. Okay, he loses again. He proceeds to stand, walking to the bed. He puts his hand on Myungsoo’s arm before he feels some pain.

“What are you doing?” Sunggyu slaps Minseok’s hand away when he sees the other man touches Myungsoo.

“Aish! I am just checking him. His fever does not go down yet. We have to give him medicine, you know. He is burning,” Minseok rubs his hand.

Sunggyu thinks so to. However, he has to wake Myungsoo, and so disturb his rest. But Myungsoo needs medicine. And he needs to eat something.

“Ya, are you still here?”

Sunggyu blinks. Minseok is waving his hands on Sunggyu’s face.

“What.”

“For the moment I thought you were sleeping.”

“No, I am thinking.”

“Could have fooled me. You looked like closing your eyes,” Minseok demonstrates how Sunggyu was by closing his eyes and exaggerates is by pretending to snore.

“Are you mocking my eyes?”

“Me?” Minseok feigns innocence, “No, I am not.”

Sunggyu peers at Minseok with his slanted eyes.

“What?”

“Don’t you have anywhere to go? Say, your house?”

Minseok snaps his fingers, “Ah, right. But, how can I leave my miserable friend here? I cannot bear myself to go away before he is getting better.”

“I am here. So, go. It is past midnight. Besides, I am sure Myungsoo does not really want to see your face when he wakes up.”

Minseok voices something close to a laugh, “You mean Myungsoo does not want to see your face when he wakes up.”

“I am his husband. You are his friends. Clearly we all know who he wants to see more.”

Minseok sneers, “If so, then why Myungsoo never said anything about his husband?”

“You do realize that there is no connection between them, right?”

“No. You just don’t see it. If you are his husband, and Myungsoo loves you or whatsoever, why did your name never came up in our conversation? Why Myungsoo never mentioned that he shared a bed with Kim Sunggyu? THE Sunggyu that makes girls go crazy over him?”

“Of course girls go crazy over me,” Sunggyu his head at Minseok. It’s an understatement, why did Minsoek even had to say it.

“Out of my words and that what you pick up? Seriously?” Minseok shakes his head now at Sunggyu.

“Hey, it’s not my fault that girls go crazy over me, isn’t it?” Sunggyu falls into a defensive state.

Minseok opens his mouth before he stops. Sunggyu is an idol, the fan’s opinion about him is a matter of life and death for him. Of course it will be the first thing he catches on.

Besides, it is pointless to argue over something useless anyway.

“Fine. But you get my drill, don’t you?”

“About what?” Sunggyu has dropped his demeanor, instead sitting himself closer to Myungsoo on the bed. Even if he is not touching Myungsoo, he can feel the warmth radiating through his husband’s body.

“Why I do not know about your existence,” all of humour and lightness are gone from Minseok’s voice. They are replaced by the determined tone, if not a bit judgmental.

“Why do you have to know?”

“Well, for starter, I am his best friend for..” he pauses dramatically, “two years. And, not even once I heard about you, or your name called by Myungsoo. No, nothing. Not even a trace. Not to mention the biggest fact that you are his husband! It is..it is..it-”

“Made you kiss our floor?” Sunggyu bolts.

“-is unexpected. Yah! Don’t mock me!”

Sunggyu brings his hands up, “I am not. I am just merely stating the fact.”

Minseok grunts his next words, “If you tell Myungsoo about it, you are dead.”

“Are you threatening me?”

“You were mocking me first.”

Sunggyu rolls his eyes. Why does he have to argue with Myungsoo’s friend at the wee hours he does not even know.

“Okay, back to what we were talking about before-”

“What were we-”

“-I was interrupted by you. Why did I not know about you?” Minseok asks.

Sunggyu has the answer ready, “Because I am an idol.”

“So?”

“So?”

“That’s it?”

“That’s it.”

The men look at each other with their own thought mingling in their mind. Minseok cannot grasp how Sunggyu is so bashful about him and Myungsoo.  Sunggyu just simply thinks why the other has not gone yet.

“Is it the only reason?” Minseok cannot just stop now.

Sunggyu grows agitated the more Minseok asks him, “Yes.”

Minseok grits his teeth. Frustration clearly shows at his face, “You are lying.”

“I am not.”

“You are!”

“Why are you accusing me?”

“Because I know you are lying. It is not about the idol-thing, is it?”

“Yes,” Sunggyu presses, “Yes. Yes. And if I have other reasons..” he glowers now at Minseok, “I am not telling anyway.”

Minseok gives a sly smirk, “So there are other reasons.”

Sunggyu sighs. This guy is playing with him. “Minseok-ssi, you do realize that this is a violation of privacy, right?”

Minseok only says, “What?”

“This. You are asking me a private matter, that I am not obliged to answer, yet you are still pushing me to say it.”

“Sunggyu-ssi, Myungsoo is my friend. My best friend. Can I not know why I do not know that he has a husband?”

“But-”

“I have known him for two years. It is not that long but not that short of time too. Maybe it sounds exaggerating for you, but I have self-adopt Myungsoo as my little brother. Almost every day I am with him. I know his daily schedules by heart. We eats together often. We play together, do our homework, volunteer together. He went to me first when they announced him as one of the participants for the art exhibition to show his photos-”

“What?”

“-on the..What?”

“Did you say an exhibition? Him?”

“Yeah, he got 1st place in the campus’s competition so he snatched a spot in the exhibition. Did not you know about it?”

Sunggyu groans “No”.

Minseok pulls a face, “Seriously? That was what he said over and over for weeks. You sure you did not know? Maybe you just forget about it. What with your schedules..”

Sunggyu quickly interjects, “No, I will remember it if he told me.”

“Really? Because…” Minseok stops. Why did not he realize it?

Sunggyu sees many expressions cross Minseok’s face. The petite guy does not say anything for a while, and when he does say something, it is more like talking to himself.

“Myungsoo is your husband. However, I never heard him mention your name. Speaking of it, I did not see your pics on his phone, no number with your name on his contact. When it was his birthdays too, we would spend the day together. No one other than the people in campus congratulate him. He always says he is not in a relationship when asked. Then you..why..” He pulls at his hair, being more frustrated the more he thinks about it, when suddenly he shoots up from his seat, shocking the other man.

“You and..” he points at Myungsoo, “did you guys elope? Like your parents did not give their consent and they did not like Myungsoo, so you guys just married under their radar but then you became an idol and you started to forget about Myungsoo and you are filing for a divorce, which makes him never want to talk about you?”

Silence.

“Wh..what?”

“What?” Minseok asks back.

“Are you losing your mind because your head touched the ground before? You understand? Before, when you were fainting?”

“That is not it?” Minseok sighs in relief, “Then, are you two..”

“What a nonsense you are saying. We are not-”

“Argh! I get it now!” Minseok shouts in glee, “You are in an arranged marriage, right? Both of you hate each other but your parents are high school friends and they have a deal to marry their children to each other’s so that is why Myungsoo never talked about you, like you are no one. I get it now.”

“Are you done?”

“No, I am not. Because, now that I am thinking again, Myungsoo’s parents has passed away. Oh, is it between your grandfathers then? Not parents? Hmm?”

“Well, sorry to cut your drama but we are not in an arranged marriage.”

“Myungsoo has debt and he has to pay by marrying you but he hates you?”

“No.”

“Myungsoo was your fanboy and he caught your heart when he went to your fanmeeting, then you married, but both of you had to be really secretive?”

“Nope.”

“You knocked up Myungsoo but had to give up the child for adoption that is why Myungsoo hates you?”

“Nah.”

“Ya, I know, if that is the case, why married?” Minseok starts his brainstorming again, “Oh My God! Did you kidnap him from his family because you loved him but he did not, and and..move here, because you are not from Seoul right?!”

“Are you crazy?! Why would I kidnap him?” Sunggyu yells in disbelief.

“Then why? Tell me! I am dying to know here.”

“Why should I tell you?!”

“Why should not you tell me?!” they are screaming on top of their lungs now. Luckily, they do not wake the dead to the world Myungsoo.

“FINE! I will tell you!” Sunggyu just blames his fatigue and lack of sleep later on when he realized he has told Minseok everything.

“Fine. You may start,” Minseok says while sitting himself back on the sofa.

Sunggyu begins his story. He spills everything about his relationship with Myungsoo. Their past, which only a handful of people know (his family, his CEO, and Yasuk hyung, s do not know the full version), he says it freely to Minseok. Every single moments, every single fights, tears, wrongdoings, and little bit happiness, they are all spoken by Sunggyu. He has an unreadable expression that Minseok cannot nterpret. Minseok does not interrupt him while he is talking. He is too surprised to react. He just remembers a saying that not everything is like what you think they are.

Sunggyu finishes his story with a nod,  “And, that’s it. That is your answer.”

Minseok is still trying to absorb it all.

“Did Myungsoo really do that?”

“Yes.”

“Did you really do that?”

“..Yes.”

“Wow, you guys are a ed up couple.”

“Thank you for the compliment.”

“I just..I..wahh..”

First, he knows about the husband his friend hid from him, then second, he knows the secret of their relationship. Too much information for his brain for a day.

“May I ask something?”

“What?”

“Do you hate Myungsoo?”

“No.”

“Do you love him?”

“No.”

“Then, what is your feeling for him? What do you feel?”

“I am..” Sunggyu pauses, “nothing. I feel nothing.”

Minseok sends a pitying glance at Sunggyu then takes a sit beside him on the bed. He also puts his hand on Sunggyu’s left shoulder.

“I know it is not my place to say this..”

“Now we are talking..” Sunggyu snorts then throws a dirty look at Minseok’s hand on his shoulder.

“But, don’t you have enough now?”

“What?”

“This. This hate to Myungsoo.”

“I do not hate him.”

“You do not love him either.”

Sunggyu sways Minseok’s hand away, “Where are you going with this?”

“It is just..why do you torture yourself?”

“Me?” Sunggyu points at himself.

“Yes, you. Why let this love-hate breaks your relationship with Myungsoo?”

“Did you not hear what I told you before? What he did?”

“I did. But it was in the past. Let it go.”

Sunggyu springs from his seat, “Let it go!? Let it go you say!? Huh!”

“Yeah, let it go. Everyone makes mistake. It is a human’s trait and if Myungsoo made a mistake, it just shows that he is a human. He is not perfect, like all of us. You told me also that he had apologized. Why did not you accept it? You know, you can start living in happiness with him.”

“Happy? He does not make me happy!”

“It is because your hatred blind you from seeing how happy your life can be with Myungsoo.”

“I do not hate him!”

“But you care, right? You are so worried about him.”

“I do not!”

“Why are you so stubborn?!”

“Why are you meddling in it! It is not your business! And you said it by yourself, we are a ed up couple!”

“Yes! But you can fix it! You just do not want to try!”

“Why you-” Sunggyu is interrupted by the sound of someone coughing. Sunggyu and Minseok turn their head to see that Myungsoo has woken up and that he is frightened by Sunggyu and Minseok. They look ready to tear each other apart.

“Wh..y..are you..fighting?” Myungsoo tries to sit but his body rejects. He falls again to the bed. Sunggyu is by his side the moment Myungsoo’s body collide with the bed.

“Myungsoo?” Minseok also sits on his other side.

“I am..hyung?” Myungsoo sets his eyes on Sunggyu.

“Yeah?”

“Hurt.”

“What hurts?”

“Head. Hurt. It is hurttsss..” Myungsoo is slurring his words now.

Sunggyu curses quietly. His hand goes to Myungsoo’s forehead to feel the temperature. He is still burning hot. He has to eat and drink some medicine.

“Ya, you, buy some juk and medicine for him,” He commands Minseok.

“Me? Why not you?”

“I do not trust you alone with him.”

“But I do not want to. I want to keep an eye on him.”

“You are his friend!”

“You are his husband!”

“Hy..ung…” Myungsoo coughs.

Sunggyu sighs then s for his phone in his pant’s pocket. He dials a number soon.

“O, hyung? Can you go buy me some juk and some medicine? Eng..for fever? What? Yeah, for now! Hurry, hyung! What? Aish, I will tell you later. Just hurry now. Quickly!” he ends the conversation.

“Who did you call?” Minseok asks.

Sunggyu only throws a side glance at him.

Not long, when Sunggyu is in the process of putting a new cloth on Myungsoo’s forehead, the front door is opened then closed. Yasuk hyung enters the bedroom, bringing along with him some plastic bags.

“Sunggyu, why do you need some medicine and juk? Are you..Is Myungsoo sick?” Yasuk hyung puts the plastic bags carefully on the sofa when he sees Myungsoo lying on the bed.

“O, hyung. Did you buy it?” Sunggyu stands to rummage the bags.

“Yes, I buy it all.”

“Thank you hyung,” Sunggyu says while walking outside, searching for a bowl to put in the juk.

Yasuk turns his concern back to Myungsoo. The man is pale, and he coughs occasionally. He is in delirious state, he cannot open his eyes but he wants them to be opened.

Yasuk rubs Myungsoo’s hand. It feels hot under his touch. He startles though when he notices another presence in the room.

“Who?”

“Ah, I am Minseok. Myungsoo’s friend.”

“Oh..friend,” Yasuk nods then he jerks, “But, Sunggyu..Myungsoo..”

“Ah, that is..I know about them.”

The relief is evident on his face, “Ah, really? Sunggyu told you?”

Minseok nods in affirmative, “Yes, eh..”

Yasuk offers his hand, “Joo Yasuk. You can call me Yasuk-ssi, or Yasuk hyung. Every Myungsoo’s friend is mine too.”

Minseok smiles while taking Yasuk’s hand, “I am Minseok. Kim Minseok.”

“Nice to meet you, Minseok.”

“Me too, Yasuk-ssi.”

They smiles at each other politely before Sunggyu bursts in into the room, walking to the bedside. He takes place beside Myungsoo then with Yasuk and Minseok’s guide, they help Myungsoo to sit upright. His head is pillowed by Minseok’s arm while Sunggyu is feeding the juk. Myungsoo slowly opens his mouth to welcome the warm food, chewing it in earnest, and swallowing it whole. Even though the food tasted bland on his tounge, he tries to eat them for the sake of the others. He does not want them to worry about him.

He finishes his meal on his 5th spoon then takes the medicine. The medicine is not that better than the food yet Myungsoo takes them with no complaint. He is lowered to the bed again after he completes the meal. He feels drowsy and it does not take long for him to fall asleep.

Sunggyu cleans up the food and the medicine, bringing them to the kitchen. Yasuk trails behind him.

“So, where is my explanation now?” Yasuk asks, as he helps Sunggyu trasnfers the juk from the bowl to a pot. There is some left and they can re-heat them again for next meal.

“I got back from the studio, Myungsoo fainted on me, he got a fever, you bought the juk and the medicine, Myungsoo ate, and you are here now, with me, in this kitchen.”

“He fainted?”

“Yes.”

“Is he sick? I mean before he fainted? Like maybe days?”

Sunggyu feels guilty hearing Yasuk’s question. He does not know. He did not call Myungsoo or stayed in contact with the younger for days.

“Maybe. I do not know,” Sunggyu mumbles his answer.

Yasuk shakes his head at Sunggyu, “He is your husband. As mad as you are at him, please consider his condition too. He must be lonely all this time.”

Sunggyu does not give any remark. He knows Yasuk is right in this matter.

“Sunggyu-ssi, I think the water needs a replacement. They are growing cold now,” Minseok pops in the kitchen.

Sunggyu grabs the basin from Minseok, feeling the water, “Yeah, you are right,” then proceeds to change the water.

Yasuk glances at his watch, “Sunggyu, I think I have to go back to the dorm now.”

Sunggyu looks at the clock on the kitchen wall, “Of course, hyung. Thank you for coming and helping me.”

“It is okay. Don’t hesitate to call me when you need something or giving me any news about his progress,” he pats Sunggyu’s back.

Sunggyu nods.

Yasuk smiles then looks at Minseok, “Do you want to go home too? I can give you a lift.”

“Is it okay with you? I mean my home is pretty far from here.”

“Nah, it’s okay. It is not in Busan, right?”

Minseok snorts, “No, Yasuk-ssi. Fine, I will go with you.”

“Good. And you can call me hyung now. I insist. Just like I said, Myungsoo’s friend is mine too. we will see each other a lot in the future.”

“Oh, of course, Yasuk-s..hyung..”

Yasuk signs a gesture to Sunggyu to call him then walk to the front door.

Minseok slides next to Sunggyu, “So, this is where we part.”

Sunggyu rolls his eyes, “Thank God.”

“Don’t worry, I will not forget about you.”

“Please forget about me.”

“And your story is safe, I will not tell it to others.”

Sunggyu glares at the other, “The door is that way, Minseok-ssi,” he points to where Yasuk is waiting for Minseok.

Minseok winks, “You can call me Minseok. We are same age actually. Anyone close to Myungsoo is my friend too.”

“Why would I want to be your friend?” sunggyu retorts back. No way in hell he will be friend with this guy.

“You will. Eventually. For now, I will see myself out. Bye, sunggyu,” he pats Sunggyu’s back too then disappears from the kitchen.

The apartment is quite again. Sunggyu walks back to the bedroom. He places the cloth on Myungsoo’s forehead, placing it carefully as to not wake up the younger.

He takes Myungsoo’s hand in his. He looks at their intertwined hands. Myungsoo’s hand is so soft and warm in his hand. It fits so well with Sunggyu’s feminine hand. He does not know why, but he does not even hesitate a bit when he lowers his head and kiss his husband’s hand. There is a tingling sense of comfort when his lips meet Myungsoo’s skin.

When was the last time he took Myungsoo’s hand in his? When was the last time he sat beside his husband, not just plainly sitting but feels his presence next to him? Maybe talk with him, not arguing of fighting?

Sunggyu does not remember when.

Still, when he wakes up the next morning with Myungsoo in his arm, he does not avoid him, but places his hand on Myungsoo’s waist. His fever has gradually starts to be better, no more burning hot like tomorrow, but Myungsoo is still out cold.

As quiet as he can, he reaches for his phone on the bedside table. He reads the time on the screen. A little past eight. Too early for a weekend.

However, Sunggyu has another plan.

He rises from the bed, carefully untangle himself from Myungsoo’s grasp, then walks into his walk-in closet. He takes two luggages out from the upper place, opens them, and then chooses some clothes to dump into the bags. He takes enough change for two days’ time then adds some extra. He does not know what will happen, so better be cautious.

When he is done with the cloths, he moves to the bathroom to take his and Myungsoo’s toiletries and puts it in the luggages also. He later busies himself with more things.

It is around fifteen minutes later when he emerges from the closet and puts the luggage near the bedroom’s door. He takes a glimpse at Myungsoo, still sleeping, so he goes to the kitchen.

He searches through the cabinets before he finds what he wants. A small box of honey tea. He switches on the stove and places the kettle. He yawns then rubs the sleep away.

He is beyond tired. The practice hours have increased, from ten hours to 18 hours max. They had been cramped inside the practice room for several days now, took catnaps here and there between the bathroom breaks, charging themselves as far as they can. They got out earlier today because apparently there had been some problem with the electricity and stuff leading to black out. The other members had given their consent to search for other studios but Sunggyu saw this as their opportunity to get away from the crazy hours. If they danced one more round, they would have to cancel the concert. The members were exhausted and he knew it. They could not feel their limbs anymore, the perspiration stacked on their body like the second skin. Still, their pride prevented them to ask for times up and just continued their routines. Not for Sunggyu though. He went straight to Jungyeop’s room and demanded for a day off.

However, Sunggyu is not Sunggyu, the leader of INFINITE if he cannot convince people. Day off turns to be days off. Three days top. Then they have to go back to their practice.

The members rose to joy, brought their bits and pieces out quickly from the building then they scattered away to their own destination. Some went to the dorm, some to their parent’s house and some, or only Hoya, seek another place to continue practice. Ever the perfectionist Hoya.

Sunggyu himself chose to grabs the opportunity to go back to his own apartment. He needed some space from the crazy schedules and his crazy members. Not that he hated them. He just wanted to be alone for a while and slept soundly for a long time. He also planned for a short getaway from the city.

So, he went back home, and the rest was history.

The high pitch sizzling sound from the kettle brings him back to reality. He pours the water in a teacup and puts in the honey tea. The smell is no joke. He already feels some of his burden is lifted by only sniffing the tea. He brings the cup to his nose.

“Hyung?”

Sunggyu sputters away the tea that get into his mouth and some to his nose. Myungsoo is standing some feet away from him. He is still not fully standing, his hands touching the wall to steady himself.

“Yah! What are you doing out of the bed?” Sunggyu puts the cup on the island. The tea is spilled on the floor. Sunggyu had been surprised and choked on his tea when Myungsoo called him.

“Ehm..are you okay?”

Sunggyu grabs some clean cloth to wipe the floor, “None of your business.” Now that Myungsoo has woken up and not that sick, Sunggyu is back to the way he treats Myungsoo.

“Ehm..maybe I can help.”

Sunggyu throws the cloth on the island too, “You cannot even help yourself. Look at you. If you are still sick just lay on the bed.”

“Ehm..about that. Thank you for caring for me..” Myungsoo says quietly but clearly enough for Sunggyu to hear.

“It was not me. It was your friend and Yasuk hyung.”

“But you were also there for me, right?”

“You were sick. Maybe you were hallucinating.”

“But..”

“Why don’t you just go back to the bedroom?” Sunggyu snaps.

Myungsoo nods weakly. He starts to turn back to the room but suddenly he loses his footing and Sunggyu has his arms around him.

Sunggyu hauls him to the room and sits Myungsoo and himself on the bed. Myungsoo has his eyes closed. He is fainting again.

Sunggyu shifts Myungsoo from his body, wants to lay his husband on the bed when Myungsoo opens his eyes. He has his hand grips on Sunggyu’s.

“You..not faint..ing?” Sunggyu is surprised when he knows the other fakes his fainting and starts to withdraw his hand but for a sick person, Myungsoo is strong.

“See? You really do care about me,” Myungsoo smiles.

Sunggyu looks at Myungsoo. The dimples are showing on his right and left cheek. God, how can he resist his cute husband. He unconsciously smiles too at Myungsoo.

Wait. What?

Cute?

You know, you can start living in happiness with him

Sunggyu groans and dismisses Minseok’s voice from his head. Myungsoo is still smiling though. Sunggyu wonders if he will feel cramp on them later or not.

Myungsoo turns his head away from Sunggyu but still has his grip on Sunggyu’s hand. His eyes fall on the luggages lining near the door.

“Hyung? Those..”

Sunggyu follows the line of Myungsoo’s eyes, “Oh. If you feel better this afternoon, we will go somewhere.”

Myungsoo his head, “Where?”

Sunggyu does not look at Myungsoo when he answers.

“My parents’.”

 

 

AN:

Ehm..Hi?

Wow, I am so sorry for leaving this story for 8 months? yeah, around that, so sorry. I don't know whether the story still makes sense or not, and if my writing still easy to comprehend or not. Thank you for those who read and subsribe. I owe you guys :)

and hope you will enjoy this chapter.

any comments are welcomed :)