Chapter I

Through the sands of time

Hamkkehan saram gyesok hamkkehal saram

Sesang kkeutkaji nochigo sipji anheungeol

 

Niga isseojwoya eonjekkaji kkumkkul su isseo

Naega geurineun sesangeun neoro sijakhanikka

“Thank you for coming Inspirits! See you next time. Arigato gozaimasu! Saranghae!” Nam Woohyun throws some Namhearts to the happy Inspirits. They just wrapped up their concert in Tokyo Dome, Japan with their last song, Together.

“Finally it ends! Well for today. Let’s eat. I am famished,” Dongwoo dances randomly when they get inside the waiting room.

“Of course boys! And your dinner will also be free!” Yasuk says.

All of the heads turn toward Yasuk when he says ‘dinner’ and ‘free’ in one sentence.

“Jinjja hyung? Wah daebak! C’mon let’s go!” Dongwoo grabs Yasuk’s arm and ready to drag him away from the room.

“But..”

“What?! There’s but?” Sungjong inquires.

“You will have dinner with the higher up from one Music Company, which I want you to behave, this is a very important person. He requested to meet you himself. I think he is impressed by your talents,” Yasuk ends his news.

“Why it should be tonight though? If he works in the entertainment industry, he should know that we are so damn tired after concert. I don’t want to go!” Sungyeol sulks.

Yasuk sighs, “I am sory boys, but Jungyeop Sajangnim has already informed that you will meet this representative. Tomorrow you will be back to Seoul, you have no other time. Besides, faster is better. C’mon! Dongwoo, stop clinging on me! Sungjong, stop rolling your eyes and move your feet! Woohyun, Sunggyu, Hoya, you can continue eating more healthy food than that junk at the restaurant. Sungyeol, you..where’s Sungyeol?”

“He ran away when you were in your speech mode, hyung. Knowing Sungyeol, he must be hiding somewhere,” Sunggyu stops munching at his snack, looks at Yasuk with a pitiful gaze.

Yasuk sighs, throws his hands free from Dongwoo’s grab and starts towards the door. He has to search this grand place for the choding member. “Get in the car boys. Wait for me and Sungyeol there. Ah, don’t try to run. I will not tolerate any unnecessary act today or you will get a punishment later. I am not kidding.”

The boys groan but they have no choice. They go the parking lot, give some fanservices on their way there, and get in the van.

“I bet he is hiding in his bear costume,” Sungjong nonchalantly said.

Sunggyu snorts, “No way in hell he will hide there. Knowing him, he is going to find a place in a vacant room or get distracted playing with the music equipment. Everything he can touch literally.”

“What makes you say so, hyung?” Hoya’s voice can be heard from his seat, right behind Sunggyu’s.

“The costume is too stuffy and I bet he cannot get into the costume right away,” Sunggyu smugly says.

“If you are so oh confidently betting on it, how about a punishment for you if you get it wrong?” Woohyun wiggles his eyebrows.

Sunggyu thinks it thoroughly. If he says no, the members will accuse him as a coward. However, if he agrees and he gets it wrong, he does not want to imagine what the members will make him do. He takes a look at his fellow members and true enough they have come to a small gathering, whispering something inaudible to him. Then they come up with smiles plastered on their face. Definitely not good for Sunggyu.

“So hyung, how is it? Will you officially betting on it?” Woohyun asks.

Sunggyu fidgets on his seat. Fortunately the other cannot see it from their place, the second and third row in the van.

“Fine, I will bet on it. I will get it right anyway,” Sunggyu gives in.

“Assa! Just wait till you know the punishment hyung, hihihi..” Dongwoo grins while pointing at Sunggyu. All they can do now is wait for Sungyeol and their manager which don’t take a long time when they show up 15 minutes later.

Yasuk pushes SUngyeol into the car, closes the door and get into his driver seat.

“Sungyeol-ah where have you been? We are so worried about you..” Woohyun asks Sungyeol.

Sungyeol looks at Woohyun as if the older has grown horns. “Since when you concern about me, hyung?” he asks in disbelieve.

“Ya! I am your hyung, of course I am worried about you..” Woohyun rounds his arms on Sungyeol’s waist, their face also close to each other. Woohyun can kiss Sungyeol if he lean in closer.

“Okay, okay, I get it. Now get off of me..” Sungyeol pushes his hyung’s head away.

“You broke my heart, huh..” Woohyun pretend to be hurt and wipe imaginary tears.

Sungyeol rolls his eyes. Woohyun and his drama.

“But seriously though where were you?” Dongwoo also asks him.

Weird, why all of them suddenly put their attention to where I went away just not an hour ago. “Well, nowhere..”

“Nowhere means somewhere. So, where did you hide hyung?” Sungjong urges him.

“Seriously, is it that important?” Why are the members being so curious about his whereabouts?

“Just answer them Sungyeol-ah..” Sunggyu tilts his head so that Sungyeol can see the leader’s face. He has this unreadable face yet Sungyeol is able to see an anticipation crosses the said face.

“I was hiding…”

The members feel like knocking his head to the car’s window. “We all know that. Now skip that part and honestly tell us where you hid, or I will throw away your figurines..” Hoya threats him which success because Sungyeol now gapes at him.

“Aish! Arasso arasso..I was hiding inside the women restroom but I thought Yasuk hyung will quickly find me so I moved to the security room. Guess what the room was empty, I didn’t not see any other human being. For a wellknown place like this, the Dome seriously needs some improvement, how can you just leave a room full of monitors, unattended? How if someone gets inside and th-“

“Ehem!” Sunggyu fakes cough.

“Ah..so short story short I hid in a place that someone will never guess.”

“Jinjja? Where?” Woohyun brings his hands together, in such a way that people may be thinking that he is praying. Praying that whatever comes next from Sungyeol’s mouth will grant the members’ win.

“The Bear Costume!” Sungyeol spreads his arms wide enjoying the blank face the members now have, except for Sunggyu who buries his head in his hands chanting ‘I am doomed, I am doomed’.

“See, you cannot guess right? I am so sm-” Hoya, Woohyun, Sungjong and Dongwoo hug him, well more like strangle him before he finishes his words.

“Waaa! We are right!!! Yeahhh!” Dongwoo shouts in Sungyeol’s ear.

“See? I am right..” Sungjong flips his hair.

“Ca..n’t br..eathhhh..” Sungyeol chokes.

The 4 members look down at Sungyeol, whose face gradually change colour to blue. They let go of the tall man and direct their gaze to Sunggyu.

“So, hyung, ready to know your ‘prize’?” Woohyun beams maniacally at him.

Sunggyu lifts his head and sighs. “What?” he bids.

The 4 members sans Sungyeol throw a glance at each other mischievously, “You have to wear a sundress on our flight back to Seoul,” Hoya says, trying hard to hold his laugh, but then he joins with Dongwoo, Woohyun, also Sungjong clutching their hands on their stomach to stop the burst of excitement.

“What!!???” Sunggyu and Sungyeol both screams. Sunggyu because he cannot believe what he heard, and Sungyeol does not know what the heck the members are talking about.

“Are you crazy? This is a ing winter! How do I parade myself with this…” Sunggyu paused, inhaling then exhaling, “thing with..I don’t know.. lightweight fabric, flowery patterns, loose fitting and straps and…no no! I will not do it! I don’t want to wear it! Are you crazy?” Sunggyu’s eyes bulge from its sockets. Well, as long as his slanted eyes can bear.

“So, you want to wear cocktail dress then hyung? We can buy it for you,” Sungjong giggles.

Sunggyu throws the maknae a look of I-will-kill-you-and-chop-your-body then hit Sungyeol lightly on his right cheek. The clueless member still gaping from his initial shock.

“What is going on? Am I missing something?” Sungyeol manages to say after he snaps back to reality.

“We placed a bet whether or not you will hide in the Bear Costume, but Sunggyu hyung said that you were not going to be there. It was four against one. Then you were back and we asked you and you said you got the costume to cover you and so Sunggyu hyung loses the bet, he has to do his punishment,” Dongwoo explains to Sungyeol.

Sungyeol is first sad because it means the members did not care about where he went but then he breaks into a wide smile thinking about the punishment. “Hyung..you have to wear the sundress at the airport! Hahahaha! Just like I was wearing a bathrobe before, after I lost the game hahahah..hyung..” Sungyeol points at a red face Sunggyu while doing seal claps. Felling happy from his hyung’s misery.

Now Sungyeol also laughs at him. Good. No one is at his side. Yasuk hyung is driving, pretending to not hear the commotion thought Sunggyu, maybe also hiding his laugh. Arghhh!!

“Hyung, imagine the fans’ expression when they see you! Daebak! I can see the headline and thousands posts in SNS about this already,” Sungyeol is still on it.

Woohyun gasps for air. Laughing is a tiring deed. After the laughter subdues, he sets his face to a serious expression, “but hyung..actually we are giving you a choice.”

“If you say the choice is between sundress and cocktail dress or whatever dresses..” Sunggyu trails off.

“Ani hyung. It is about you and Myungsoo. There. I said it,” Woohyun, different from his former state where he laughed at Sunggyu and enjoyed his hyung’s unluckiness, nervously stares at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu clenches his teeth, “What is it?” the tone of his voice also drop. It becomes cold, just like everytime Myungsoo is mentioned.

“The next time he calls, please answer it. He really miss you, hyung,” Hoya says carefully.

Sunggyu does not respond then turns his body to face the front.

“Can you go faster hyung? I am starving!!” Sunggyu shouts, demands Yasuk to drive rapidly.

The car fell into silence. Sunggyu stays quiet at the front seat beside Yasuk and the rest don’t want to make Sunggyu angrier so they also make no noise.

“I will pretend that I never heard the second choice. Ani. There’s no second choice. I will do as you wish, wearing the sundress,” Sunggyu speaks calmly when some minutes pass by yet the members know better that Sunggyu is now really, really mad.

*

“Yeay!! We arrive! Let’s eat!” Yasuk informs when the car stop in front of a traditional built Japanese restaurant. The members alight from the van and proceed to enter with Yasuk leading them.

The place is decorated with Japanese-like graceful and restrained style. Light wood looks traditional porcelain vases and oak lattice with Japanese ornament are placed beautifully at the lobby. Handmade plates with the aesthetic print were hanged on the wall. The boys entered a small hallway lit with lamps all along it and went into the VIP room. The representative was already there smoking heavily on the long couch.

“Come in come in,” the man ushers in perfect Korean.

The boys oblige quietly and take their seats. They sit in order and take turn introducing themselves.

“Thank you for accepting my invitation,” the man smiles.

“It should be us who thank you, Sir. It is such an honor to meet you,” Sunggyu says. He is still in foul mood after what happened but he is also a professional. He cannot show that he is rather be in his hotel room, drinking wine or whatever than having a talk with the man. He seems harmless for what Sunggyu sees.

“Ah no problem, and call me Naoki-san. No ‘Sir’ please, I am not that old,” Naoki laughs.

The boys too fall into laughter and the atmosphere become less tense. Their food come and they begin to dig in. The Infinite members enjoy the dinner while conversing with Naoki. They talk about music, movies, even weather. The members also discovers that Naoki has worked before in South Korea, an explanation why he speaks in Korean fluently, almost like the native.

“I like talking with you boys. You have vast knowledge about the music industry. You also success in conquering thee Japan market, even without a formal company behind you in this country. So that’s why we, Japan Musica, will give you an offer. An exclusive contract for 5 negotiable years. How does that sound?” Naoki proposes.

The boys all have their mouth open and look at each other. Being recruited by the biggest and number one music company in Japan is not what they think they get when they were leaving the Dome to meet this man.

“I am sorry but did I hear right? You want to give us a contract?” Sunggyu asks while the other members are waiting for Naoki to answer.

“Yes Sunggyu-san. We would like to make you, Infinite, as our artist. And..” Naoki laughs “I am not expect to get the answer tonight. I will gave you a week to decide.”

“Does Jungyeop sajangnim know?” Woohyun now also curious.

“Ahh Jungyeop-san. Yes, he already knows. We contacted him before. Surely we don’t want any misunderstanding right?”

Infinite nod their head in sync. The last thing they want is a misunderstanding within the two companies.

“I think it’s better if we Infinite discuss it first with our CEO. I am sure we can think for the best option. Thank you for the offering. You don’t know how grateful we are, Sir..ah I mean Naoki-san,” Sunggyu states.

“Of course Sunggyu-san. Now. Let’s end this business thing. Let’s just continue enjoying our meal,” Naoki gestures to the abandoned plates in front of them.

They fall into another comfortable silence with some laughter in-between when Sungyeol and Dongwoo started telling jokes after they done with their portion.

They are all spent after the dinner. Sadly, Naoki has to go first because he still has some matters to assist. Infinite bows at him and thank him again then Naoki leave the room. Infinite members stay for a while, talking about the contract but then give in to the night and go to their own assigned room.

Sunggyu takes a short time showering then lying on his bed. He smiles remembering the cheering their fans give at the concert. It is what he always dreamed of. People shouting his name, appreciating his music and giving him support.

He grabs his phone wanting to post some pic on his SNS to thank fans. He ignores the message notifications, obviously from his husband because he was the one that told Myungsoo to contact him just through message or limited phone call, then logs in on Instagram. He chooses some photos then settles for the photo of him and Woohyun side hugging each other on the backstage before the concert’s performance. He is aware that fans love to ship him with Woohyun even give name ‘WooGyu’ to call the couple. He laughed when he knew about it but after he thought it was a good strategy to promote. Since then he clings to Woohyun whenever they are in front of cameras or fans. At airport, stage, in front of Woollim building, everywhere.

Woohyun never protest. He thinks it is good for promotion too. His girlfriend, Saeron works in entertainment industry so she never complain too. She knows the truth. It is fine with me, hyung. But how Myungsoo takes it? If I were him I surely will not like it when my husband is close to other person than me.

Sunggyu gave no response to Woohyun at that time. He had no will to answer. Myungsoo might be his husband, but he does not love Myungsoo. He was forced to marry the kid. If he did not tie the knot with Myungsoo, his parents forbid him to be a trainee. It was a win win solution said them, more like a disaster to Sunggyu.

He is so busy with his thought that he does not realize that someone has entered his room.

“Boo!” a hand pushes in front of his face, startles him.

“Ya! Nam Woohyun!”

Woohyun laughs, mehrong to Sunggyu and sits himself beside his hyung.

“I know my face is so handsome, hyung. But you don’t have to gaze at it longingly like that.”

“Who says that I was looking at your face huh?”

Woohyun takes the phone from Sunggyu and shoves it to Sunggyu’s eye level. The screen shows a picture were Woohyun is smiling brightly throwing hearts to his fans from one of their concert’s stage. “So this is not my handsome face, hyung?”

Sunggyu curses. He must be unconsciously swap the screen when he was deep in thought. And it has to be this greasy man’s face. Huh.

“I was thinking before, so I did not pay attention. What are you doing here by the way?”

“I miss you, hyung..” Woohyun blinks his eyes cutely.

Sunggyu gags and throws his pillow to Woohyun. The latter only laughs. He is always happy to tease Sunggyu.

“I talked with Saeron just now. She has a schedule tomorrow so I can’t call her later on. She said that she misses me and wants to see my handsome face,” Woohyun beams at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu looks at Woohyun and says flatly, “So, what is the relation between you and Saeron talking to each other, being lovey dovey, with you barging into my room?”

Woohyun pokes Sunggyu on his side, “Ey, are you jealous hyung?”

“Ya! Why would I be jealous of you and your child girlfriend? Shouldn’t she sleep now? It passes her bedtime and..AWW!”

Woohyun retracts his hand which successfully land a hit on Sunggyu’s forehead. “Who is it that you call a child? Just because she is still 16 years old does not mean she is a child.”

Sunggyu rubs his forehead gently. Nam Woohyun can hit really hard if he desires to.

“Well, seeing as she is still underage Woohyun-ah..”

“ relationship is a trend now hyung..”

“…”

“…”

“…”

“Fine. I will just take it as you are jealous,”

“I am not..”

“You are..”

“No..”

“Yes..”

“No..”

“Yes hyung yes..”

“….”

“….”

“Fine. I am jealous.”

“Why? You have Myungsoo.”

Oops! What did you just say Woohyun?! Pabo yah, pabo..

Sunggyu kicks Woohyun from the bed making the younger falls on the floor. He lifts his blanket till it covers his face and turns himself away from Woohyun. Woohyun slowly stands and make a beeline to the joint door. He looks back at the lump on the bed, which is Sunggyu, and sighs. He does not know why Sunggyu reacts like that everytime Myungsoo comes into their conversation. Being quiet, becomes angry, give the other cold looks, or every negative expressions Woohyun can find when it comes to Myungsoo. He also has no idea as to why his hyung seems like he really hate Myungsoo, his own husband.

“Hyung, I know you are still awake. And hyung, please call Myungsoo..or at least answer his call. He is satisfied enough even if it is only one word, hyung, and even if you hate him,” Woohyun says his thought before he goes to his own room.

Sunggyu comes from under the blanket when Woohyun is long gone. Contrary to what others say, he does not hate Myungsoo. He despises him, yes, but not to the extent of hatred. Maybe the best words to describe it, is that Sunggyu only wishes for Myungsoo to never come to his life.

Again.

 

AN:

Hai :)

Thank you for those who read, subscribe or comment *bows 90 degree* hahaha..

1. Infinite in this fic is a free agent, means they don't have a merger with Japan's music company.

2. Saeron as Woohyun's girlfriend. I am rooting for them since watching them in HiSchoolLoveOn :D

3. I am writing this fic while listening to Lovelyz' Destiny. That song is really great <3

4. And tomorrow is Sunggyu's birthday!!! He is getting older but also cuter >.<

5. And lastly, Woohyun's teaser for his mini album is out! Can't wait! *looking at my wallet in a pitiful gaze*

See you in next chapter :)