Prologue

Through the sands of time

“And the Bonsang award goes to.......INFINITE! Congratulation!” the two MCs simultaneously announce after they open the winner’s envelope.

The hall where the ceremony is held breaks into loud cheers. Many Inspirits, Infinite’s fans, lift their yeobong while chanting the member’s names.  The boy group walk towards the stage and accept the award. They smile all the way, wave their hands, even threw some hearts for the audiences.

“eng..thank you for the award! First of all thank you for our CEO, our managers, our stylists, coordis, composers, we can not achieve this without your contribution and hard work. And then for our beloved family, thank you for always become our supporter and always be there for us. Last of all, thank you INSPIRIT!!!!!” the hall again breaks into loud cheers “It’s for you guys. Thanks for always be in our side and love us. INSPIRIT SARANGHAMNIDA!!!” Kim Sunggyu, the leader ends his speech.

Nam Woohyun, Lee Howon, and Kim Sungjong along with Kim Sunggyu do their 90 degree bow (except Dongwoo who is smiling brightly while cutely waving his hands) then left the stage. The Infinite members move to the backstage to prepare for their performance. They will sing their newest song, Only Tears.

“Congrats oppadeul for the award!” a girl dressed in red flowery gown says.

“Thanks Ailee-ah.. Next time you will get the award...” Dongwoo grin.

“Ya! Are you encouraging me or mocking me? You get 3 times in a row. How can I defeat you?” Ailee attempts to hit dongwoo’s head but she misses.

“Well, maybe after we retire. Isn’t that right hyung?” Woohyun joins the teasing plus banter.

“Yaaaaa!”

“Stop it guys, c’mon five minutes left to our stage. Stop teasing her,” Sunggyu chimes in.

“Hyung, you really don’t know how to have fun,” Hoya bumps their leader on the shoulder.

“We can have fun later after we take off this costume. For now, we have a stage to slay and hungry fangirls to feed. Now, c’mon let’s go!”

“Wait wait! Sunggyu-ya, you have a message. Here, from him,” Yasuk, Infinite’s manager gives Sunggyu his phone.

Sunggyu does not hesitate to refuse the phone, “No, hyung. It’s not time for this. The others also don’t get their phone yet. We have to perform first.”

“But sunggyu..it has been 1 week. Surely you want to read his texts or take his call. He is your...”

“Five minutes!” the crew pops his head to Infinite’s waiting room.

Sunggyu sends an apologetic gaze to Yasuk and gathers Infinite in circle. They pray, shout their motto then march to the front stage, ready to embrace the spotlight.

***

“It’s okay hyung. I am fine. I already knew it will be like this. Thank you hyung, please take care of him. I’ll try to contact him later on when he is free. O..really hyung I am fine, I owe you too.  Thank you again hyung, ne.. bye hyung”

Myungsoo ends the call and throws his phone on the bed. He has called Sunggyu in hope that his hyung has forgave him. Turns out hope is just a mere wishful thinking. Sunggyu still won’t bother to take his call. Guess I have to wait a little bit longer then.

He sighs, lowers his body to the bed and lies on his side, wondering about Sunggyu. They had a big fight last Saturday and it has been 1 week since Sunggyu is giving him silent treatment. He does not even answered his call and he has not enough courage to go meet Sunggyu at the company building or the dorm. Not that people in Woollim are oblivious about their relationship. It is just Sunggyu told him that he feels uncomfortable with Myungsoo in his work area. Myungsoo has the opposite idea though but he cannot say no to what Sunggyu wants.

The only one who unaware about their relationship is the public. Which by public it means the entertainment industry, the fangirls fanboys, also the fellow artists or idols. Sunggyu says that it is not necessary for them to know about him and Myungsoo. He says that it will break Inspirits’ heart moreover causes a scandal.

“I get into this industry to bring good music and grace people with the art of singing. They do not have to know about my private life. All they have to know is that I am married to the music,” was what Sunggyu told him when he brought up the topic.

After, Myungsoo never say a word about it again and can just hope that one day Sunggyu will agree to announce their relationship to people. It is not because he wants the popularity as Sunggyu’s significant other, he just wants Sunggyu to admit that Myungsoo is his. That they are in a relationship no matter how broken it is.

He rolls to the right and grabs a pillow next to him. Myungsoo hugs the pillow close to his heart squishing it hard. The strawberry scent start to fade as the owner has not used it for awhile. He sighs and closes his eyes. He misses the owner of the pillow. He misses Sunggyu. He cannot help but recalls the event a week ago.

 

Flashback

 

Infinite was the most anticipated idol at the moment. Their popularity was growing rapidly and when Woollim, Infinite’s company sensed this, they dropped a world tour to expand their areas of selling. It was also for the fans from all over the world who were dying to see them. They would visit 13 countries on the continent of Asia, Europe and America.

That was why Myungsoo was now standing inside the elevator in one of Singapore’s grandest hotel where Infinite’s team was staying for a few days here for the concert. He wanted to give Sunggyu a surprise visit.

Myungsoo bit his lips and swayed his foot back and forth. He was so nervous. The last time he interacted with Sunggyu was 8 hours ago and all Sunggyu gave were “I am busy” and “call you later” then hung up.

The elevator dinged and the door opened. He slowly walked out toward the room 248. He saw a figure standing in front of the said room.

“Yasuk Hyung..” Myungsoo greeted the person.

“Myungsoo-ah! How was the flight?”

“It was fine, hyung. Have you waited for long?”

“No, I was just got here too. Sunggyu and the others are now attending the press conference. I sneaked out when they were busy answering the questions.”

“Thank you, hyung. You agree to help me..”

“Ya! How many times do I have to tell you that you are just like my own dongsaeng. You can ask me for some favors, well, ones that I can do. Besides I am happy to help you. Well, enough with the chit-chat. Let’s get inside!”

Yasuk inserted the key card to the lock, waiting for the door to open, then entered the room. Myungsoo put his belonging carefully on the long white sofa while Yasuk busy checking his phone.

“I think I must get back to the venue. They have done their interview. I can leave you alone, right? If you are hungry you can get the room service. Don’t wander around. Wait for Sunggyu. Arasso?”

“Yes, hyung. Don’t worry. I will just sit here waiting for Sunggyu hyung. I can watch TV too if I get bored,” Myungsoo assured Yasuk.

“Okay. I know. Bye Myungsoo-ah..”

“Bye, hyung. Thank you again for helping me..” Myungsoo grinned.

Yasuk only lifted his fingers and made an ‘OK’ sign then left. Myungsoo decided to explore the place. One living room with one bedroom which led to an open bathroom. He strolled to the balcony, reaching for his phone in his pocket then pulled it out, capturing the view from the 15th floor. He just had to wait for Sunggyu now.

He must had been tired and fell into a deep slumber for the next he knew, he had been asleep on the lounge chair. He fought the sleepiness as he walked inside. The clock showed 12.40 sharp but no sign of Sunggyu.

Myungsoo the TV, changing the channels, until he settled on a natural environment documentary program. He took his DSLR from the camera bag, the device too and looked through the pictures. He planned to take a shot of Sunggyu’s shock face when he arrived.

It was not until 30 minutes later that he heard some voice outside the door. He turned off the TV then hid behind the window curtain, preparing to capture the moment. The door clicked opened then Sunggyu stumbled into the room. However, he was not alone. There was someone with him.

Myungsoo got shocked from the scene he witnessed. Sunggyu pinned some girl at the front door and kissing the girl soundly. The girl had her hands inside Sunggyu’s shirt, giggling when Sunggyu started her neck, then placed her legs on Sunggyu’s waist, trapping him. They were in that position for some time, kissing and nibbling, and on each other’s bare skin.

Thud.

Sunggyu turned his head to where the sound was coming.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” the girl asked when he felt Sunggyu was not paying attention to her.

“I think I heard some sounds.”

“What? Didn’t you say that you stay alone in this room?” she asked in fluent English.

“Yes.”

“Then, you should not worry, baby..Maybe it was the alcohol kickin’. Let’s get into the bedroom..” the girl cupped Sunggyu’s face, leaning in to kiss him again.

“No, I am sure I heard it right. It was like something was falling,” Sunggyu insisted.

He pried himself away from the girl then switched on the light. He did not see it at first but then his eyes grew wide when he realized that there was someone standing in the room other than him and the girl. In fact, it was not just someone. It was Myungsoo.

“! Myungsoo?!! What are you doing here?”

Myungsoo did not answer him, he was just looking at his fallen camera blankly.

“Who is he?” the girl now standing behind him.

“He is…hey, I don’t think I can continue it anymore. You can go now,” Sunggyu ushered the girl out.

“Hey, but we haven’t get it on yet. Hey, you can’t just throw me out, hey you as-” Sunggyu closed the door hard on her face. He turned around quickly facing Myungsoo.

“What the are you doing here!?”

“Hyung...” Myungsoo had gotten his voice back but the look of horror was still etched on his face.

“Who told you where I am staying? ! It’s Yasuk hyung isn’t it?” Sunggyu grabbed Myungsoo’s right shoulder.

“Hyung, who is she?”

“Her identity is not important. The important thing is you have to get back to Korea now!”

“But hyung...”

Sunggyu didn’t pay attention to Myungsoo as he was busy calling the manager.

“Hyung! Come here now! Myungsoo is here and I know it’s your fault. Come and get him! Book a ticket home right now!”

Sunggyu threw his phone after and looked at myungsoo.

“What happen to our agreement to not see each other in public?! Do you know that it can cause a scandal?! You want me to get into a scandal and ruin my career?!”

“But I thought there will be only you here, hyung. And who is she? You two were so chummy before. How can you bring her here? People can break into this room, hyung. Or..” he paused, “are you cheating on me?” Myungsoo boldly accused him. Something he never imagined he will do to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu saw red and slapped myungsoo. Myungsoo stumbled to the carpet, lips already bleeding because of the hard blow.

“Don’t you dare call me as a cheater! Just because we are tied, it doesn’t mean I am yours. You should be grateful that I save you from poverty and your former life! But here you are calling me a cheater and ruin my night. If this is how you thank people,  I would never took you under my wings.”

Myungsoo hurriedly kneeled in front of Sunggyu, “I am sorry hyung. Please forgive me. I just want to see you. I miss you. That’s why I come here. Please...”

Sunggyu gave no response but kicked myungsoo on his right side and fixed his clothes.

“Yasuk hyung is in his way to pick you up. You will go back to Korea. I don’t want to see you after this and don’t you dare visit me. I don’t care if you miss me or whatever cause I sure don’t."

Sunggyu crossed the room, opened the door and shut it hard. He left Myungsoo alone in the hotel room and Myungsoo finally lost it. He cried and cried, feeling hurt all along by sunggyu’s word. He put his hand inside his jacket’s pocket, pulled out a small brown envelope and hug it wholeheartedly. He opened the thing, staring at the content with tears blinding his sight.

“I miss you hyung. I know you don’t miss me. But still I miss you.. I just want to give you this gift. Do you even remember that today is our wedding anniversary hyung?”


AN:

First, let me say thank you for those who read and comment, also subscribe this story. I don't know whether this story will make sense or not, but I want to try it hehehe.. So for those who read, comment, or subscribe, can I hug you? :')

Second, INFINITE is only 6 members excluding Myungsoo because he is busy playing role of Sunggyu's husband hehehe.. Then I also made up some names in this story, so if there are some that don't match with the reality, I am sorry :)

Third and last, see you on next chapter! :)