Chapter 3

The Betas
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tomorrow is his day off.

Baekhyun put his head on his bed, resting his tired body as he close his eyes. This whole week past like a swift on lightning. He can’t even contact The Fire Clan’s heir after he came back from Centre City last week since he was very tired.

How is he doing?

The petit male carefully pulls out his watch from his cupboard, still amazed with the new technology that belongs to his hand right now. Last week, he cannot risk his clan’s member to see his little rendezvous. He decided to keep it instead. His curiosity creeps out to his mind as he starts to turn on his watch.

Bright full color screens welcomes him with welcome, proud beta and a few instructions starts scrolling as he reads what it shows thoroughly. A few minutes later, he can fully understand how the machine shows underground maps. It also has full contacts of beta population that lives around Centre City. A total of 168 people are registered on beta watch which almost two clan’s population.

I’m really glad I’m not the only one who has this specialty. Besides, I have Chany...

He stops his mind. What is he thinking right now? The fire clan’s heir is barely an acquaintance that introduces him to the beta world he barely knew. What makes me think that I have him? He feels warm feelings go through his face and decides to call the taller male.

He still remembers me, right? It’s only a week after our meeting. No matter how busy he was, it’s ridiculous to forget people in one week. Besides, we have a promise...

“Hello?”

Baekhyun still drown in his mind when the other line starts to answer. “Baekhyun? Are you there?”

He surprised himself as he rushly answers the taller man. “Hello, Chanyeol, right?”

He can hear the other man chuckles. “So, you arrive safely after one week and you forget about me, huh? How unfortunate.”

The smaller man stutters. “N-no! It’s not like that. I mean... I have busy days right after i came back from Centre City and I don’t have any time to check on beta watch. Sorry I just called you right now.”

“It’s alright. I know you will call me again. How’s your life?”

“Busy, as always. It’s fortunate I still have a day off tomorrow or else I think I’m going to die with these double alpha-omega jobs. Other alphas and omegas have three to four day offs every two weeks though, and I only have one.”

Baekhyun knows he shouldn’t’ bad mouthing his clan to their alliance’s clan, but he can’t help it. Talking with Chanyeol is very comfortable. It feels like they are friends in a long time.

“Poor you.” A soft voice responds Baekhyun’s blabber. “But, you have your day off tomorrow, right?”

“Yeah, i will go to Beta Centre’s library tomorrow. I’m really curious about beta’s life...”

“Which i will gladly help you.” Chanyeol cuts in. “Besides, you still owe me a date haven’t you? Tomorrow seems right. I have a

Please log in to read the full chapter