Chapter 2

The Betas
Please log in to read the full chapter

On the outside, Baekhyun is unresponsive, he looks as calm as he usually does.

Though inside, he is surprised. How the hell a beta can be a future’s leader? Does his clan insane? His clan must be appreciating betas as much as alphas and omegas.

He lets out a huff and mumbled an okay as he gives the document from his vice leader. A big grin still appeared on his fellow beta. “I apologize for coming late. I was on duty when your vice leader contacted me about the document our leaders are currently discussing. I should ask my fellow beta to switch shift in order to come here.”

Baekhyun ears perked up. “Fellow beta?” So many betas at fire clan. They must be happy to support each other.

The taller man nods his head. “Sorry if i insult you, but you look like a beta.” Baekhyun panics on the inside although he remains calm on the outside. “Are you beta?”

“Why would your word insult me? I’m a proud beta, Park. Being a beta is not a sin. It’s a gift.”

Moments of silence welcome them when suddenly the leader’s heir holds his hand. “Well, if you are a beta, you must follow me.”

Baekhyun knows following stranger is a dangerous idea. Especially if the stranger is taller and bigger than himself. But, seeing the taller’s bright eyes, huge grin that keep pestering his face, and those perky red ears (which baekhyun thinks very distinctive and cute). He cannot say no to Chanyeol’s offer. Besides, this is the first time he meets his fellow betas. The temptation to know deeper about his species are too strong.

Despite the risk of breaking his clan’s rules and not getting his night sleep, Baekhyun accepts Chanyeol’s hand as he let his fellow beta leads him to the deeper Centre City.

---

Baekhyun is sure he already memorizes all parts of Centre City, yet he is sure he never sees nor visits this part. He knows it when Chanyeol introduce him to the underground. The underground looks like a modern cave, which fueled with tunnel that looks like labyrinth. The taller explains you cannot go out and get lost if you don’t bring a beta watch, which are beta identities for the centre’s people.

When they arrive, everything about this place screams beta. This place is not crowded and full of gossips like market where omegas gather or tidy and tough like training grounds which usually full of alphas. This is beta’s heaven.

This is my world.

Baekhyun falls in love with this place alrea

Please log in to read the full chapter