Chapter 1

SEVENTEEN and TWICE fanfic: LIKE A FOOL

*Chaeyoung pov*

"Why did you use my things without my permission? Dad bought it for only me to use it!" Jae shouted to me while I was fiddling with the utensils in the kitchen, not feeling any regret at all.

"No! I clearly heard him saying for us to SHARE!" I replied as I walked forward towards my room before saying it again, "I've debuted too, okay?"

Things have never been any easy for me. my dad, passed away during a fire incident back at my old house when I was 10. I've missed him so much. Mum remarried to someone else in hope for me to feel delighted again, but I wasn't. I didn't feel so.

Not even an inch of excitement.

I lived rather in a complicated life. I've lived these years as a trainee in Jyp and as an idol now, and also not forgetting a mummy's girl. I snapped out of it and hop on onto my bed. With my long socks, the heater switched on, and my fluffy blanket, pretty please give me a good nap.

I was sure I closed my eyes, but I can't seem to sleep. The thought about the memories I had with the people I'm close with comes flying around my mind. I opened my eyes and stared out at the window.

Am I going to live like this forever?

"Jae give your sister some rest!" My mum's nagging can be heard through my door, well it was slightly open, I can hear it clearly.

"She's not my sister." Jae strung his guitar and continued, "And you're not my mum." (DAMN JAE)

But funny. We're both idols under the same company. He debuted under DAY6, and I debuted with TWICE. We never recognised each other, even when we're training at the company.

The fans know about us clearly, but not the part on us hating on each other. So does the members, and the company of course. Many people asked me how am I doing and keeping up with him, but I always say we're busy doing our own things.

Actually I don't really hate him. Him pretending like he doesn't knows me actually hurts me. He still have to accept the fact that I'm his step sister sooner or later right?

"When will you both get along. It's been 5 years kids." His dad, wait his dad is my dad too.....well his dad said it while entering his room.

I shut myself completely, like an isolation. I want to hide forever. I was never acknowledged by my step brother. And I lose my blood, my dad.

I lose my best friend during the fire incident too. I can't seem to remember clearly. But I was sure I was with him at that point of time.

Part of me is telling me that is hopeless to know that he is alive, and part of me gives me hope to find him.

I was nowhere near to have found him. His name was Lee Seokmin. But we all called him, Mint.

The only thing I shared with Mint..was this round jade necklace, somehow like a friendship necklace. His jade was blue in colour, and mine was green. We bought it secretly with the money we collected.

You can say it's expensive. I really want it so bad, to the point that Mint will never spend any of the money his dad gave him. I was 10 back then....and he was 12.

He took really good care of me. Because back then I was the only child, he was like a brother to me.

I can still feel his existence lingering around me.

But I'm 17 now. I've shown myself to the people through the jyp survival show 'sixteen'.

And finally now when I've debuted as a member of TWICE, I thought that maybe the chance in finding mint would be better.

"Don't pretend to sleep! You have training in 20 minutes time! Pali get ready!" My mum suddenly entered the room, cleaning up the clothes that I threw at the side.

I'm not lazy, I swear. I just didn't had any time to clean them. It's my responsibility, but hey I have schedules almost everyday!

.............