New Girl (JoonYoung)

In A Warzone

 

JoonYoung took a deep breath, looking at his schedule. He was growing anxious at the lack of time he had.

"So much to do, so little time..."

He hadn't gotten everything done in the time he had wanted to. He had another photoshoot to do in ten minutes, but wasn't even in the process of wrapping the current one up. There was a commotion in the studio, as there were models everywhere trying to quickly change into different clothes and finish the current shoot while others prepared for the next. The set wasn't even prepared yet!

This was not a good day for JoonYoung.

"Hey, everybody, we need to wrap this up!"

JoonYoung looked back. It was his partner, as well as his best friend. He stood up and walked over to him.

"JiYong, we can't, this is really important-"

"JoonYoung, we have another shoot to do in a few minutes, and we can't afford to waste anymore time," was his reply, and he turned around to call to the models and photographers once again, but JoonYoung stopped him.

"JiYong," he said. "Yes, this is taking to long, but this is the most important line for this summer! If I don't advertise this swimwear, then we will lose over half of our customers this season."

JiYong opened his mouth, he obviously had something to say. But seeing that his friend had a point, he smiled and nodded. "You're right."

"Like always," JoonYoung slapped his friend on the back with a laugh.

"I'll go make sure everything is prepared for the next shoot." Jiyong nodded and walked away.

JoonYoung looked back at the models, the last of them to be photographed that day, when he heard BoRam's voice:

"This is the studio, but this shoot should have been over an hour ago, but it's okay because they're just wrapping up it seems. You'll be able to see how things work around here."

Why does it sound like she's giving a tour? JoonYoung wondered. He looked back, and sure enough there was a woman he'd never seen walking in with her. She had short black hair, and she wasn't very tall. Her small figure as well as her monolids helped him to determine that she couldn't be his model. So, in order to find out what was going on, he walked over.

"Hey, BoRam. Who is this?"

She smiled a little weakly. "This is Sung Hyun Moon. I'm showing her around."

JoonYoung scoffed. That wasn't the answer he was looking for. "What is she here for? Clean up? If so, she can start working right now." He turned around with his hand raised as if to show the way to them. The shoot was over, and clean up would need to be done quickly in order for everything else to stay on task.

"No," BoRam said. "She's here to become a model."

JoonYoung looked at BoRam in surprise. Then at the woman, then BoRam. "A model?" he laughed. "I told you, I don't need any more models. Besides, look at her! And why is she dressed as if she is here for an interview?"

"I attended one today..." The woman finally spoke. BoRam looked at her in surprise.

"Oh, you were already looking for work? You didn't have to-"

"It's okay." Hyun Moon said. "I'm not getting that job anyway..."

JoonYoung looked at the woman curiously. Why wouldn't she be getting that job? Is she a bad worker? Perhaps they had also turned her down because of her looks. Why does she want to become a model when she knows that she doesn't have what it takes? And a suit are a bad idea for auditioning models.

"So when the next shoot is ready, you'll be able to see what it's like to model here," BoRam said to the woman.

JoonYoung looked at BoRam. "Can I talk to you?"

"Right now?" she asked.

"Yes, now," he commanded, and walked over to the chair he was sitting initially, away from Hyun Moon so she couldn't hear.

"What is it?" BoRam asked. "And I don't want any rude responses, I am your elder."

JoonYoung scoffed. "I'm your boss, I'll talk to you however I want. Listen, I told you I didn't want anymore models."

"Yes, I know. But look at her, we need a model like that."

JoonYoung looked at the woman again. "Why? I don't see it."

BoRam scoffed, irritated with his stubborness. "Most of the models here don't look like everyday people. She's an everyday person, she's the average woman. Sure, she has no curves and she has monolids, unlike the rest of them, but she's still thin and has a very beautiful face. You need to start thinking about getting more diverse group."

JoonYoung looked at BoRam, trying to soak in everything she said. "First of all, you better not get started on the plus-sized models thing again. That doesn't sell here." BoRam shook her heard. "And second of all, what do you mean by her being an everyday person?"

"She's not a model." BoRam said.

JoonYoung blinked. "Wait, you're telling me you found her off the street?"

"Well, yeah, I told you I'm looking for fresh faces."

"I'm not!" he blurted out. "I didn't want anymore models..."

He looked past BoRam. It seemed that Hyun Moon was no longer alone, as she was talking to JiYong. It appeared that he was telling her about the set or something.

"We'll talk later." He walked past the woman, who shook her head. He's still too young, she thought.

"JiYong, is the set finished?"

"Well they're still cleaning it up-"

JoonYoung pointed at the woman. "Go clean it up."

She glared at him. "I already said, that's not what I'm here for."

"I don't care, go clean it up, now!"

She looked at him a second more, then shook her head and walked away, unsure of what to do.

"Damn, Ha JoonYoung, what did she do to you?"

"I'm just upset okay? I just don't think I like her too much."