The Choir Room

Shinee Fic Challenge (April 2016)

Title: The Choir Room

Pairing: Onew/Jonghyun

Chapter Rating: NC-17

Word Count: 391

Summary: Jonghyun has Jinki singing hallelujah.

If someone were to ask Jinki what he liked best about Jonghyun, he would say everything.

He likes the way Jonghyun’s lips curved, ever so slightly, up at the edges. He likes his soft, platinum blond hair and the way he taps his finger against his thigh to keep time. The way he says Jinki’s name, all soft and slow, and that he dedicates every performance to his mother and his dog.

The problem is: nobody ever asks Jinki.

Not even Jonghyun.

So, Jinki settles on running his fingers through his soft, platinum blond hair and the curve of his lips. Tracing Jonghyun’s sharp jaw with the lightest of touches just to make him say Jinki’s name all soft and slow.

Jinki relishes these moments, though few and far between, where he can wrap Jonghyun in his arms and pretend that they are so much more than what they are. Where he can run his hands down Jonghyun’s chest and grip his thighs tighter around his waist. Where they can whisper all the yeahs, deeper baby, I’m so close, and I love yous that they want.

Their infinite amount of possibilities confined to the cramped, dark corner of a soundproofed practice room.

Jonghyun is zipping up his pants while Jinki is still trying to catch his breath.

“This was fun.” He says because that’s what Jonghyun always says.

And Jinki chuckles a breathless, “Yeah,” instead of “Please stay.”

Jonghyun pauses, his hand hovering above the doorknob. “We can’t keep doing this.”

“I know.”

But this time is different because this time Jonghyun is running back to him, flinging his arms around Jinki’s neck and peppering his cheeks with kisses.

“I’m so sorry.” Jonghyun mutters, his lips still pressing against Jinki’s skin. “I wish I was someone who was braver. I wish I was someone who deserved you.”

Jinki should be elated because he has been wishing for this day since they first kissed over his baby grand piano. But they are still in the choir room, behind thick boards of insulation and prying eyes.

And Jonghyun is still a lead singer and Jinki is still his pianist and nothing has changed.

Except, if this was really to be their last time, Jinki wants to tell Jonghyun what he likes about him the best.

And so, Jinki tells him everything.