Studio

No Words


Woozi sat in his studio, head falling forward, eyelids heavy, a pen in one hand and a redbull in the other. He stared blankly at his computer screen, scattered screens full of notes and abandoned edits. Crumpled paper lay about the table, scribble marks all over them. The little leader let his eyes wander to the clock. 3:46 am it read. He groaned and laid his head down on his arms, not caring if he was crumpling more paper in the process.

Hoshi turned his music down when he heard Woozi groan from inside his studio. The dancer was worried about the boy these days. He's been in his tiny studio more often than usual lately. His eye bags have gotten worse and skin breaking out more. Hoshi's worried eyes looked over at the door. He wanted to go inside and check on Woozi, but was afraid of getting scolded. He sat on the sticky dance floor, sweating like crazy. He too was tired, spending the whole day in the practice room.

As he heard yet another exasperated whine from the room, Hoshi decided to check on his hyung. He approached the door slowly, afraid of his own loud footsteps. As he opened the door, the lights were off and the big computer screen illuminated the entire room. Woozi's tiny frame was leaning over on his table, and Hoshi could clearly see he was crying. His body was shaking and his sniffles echoed throughout the room. Hoshi's face lit with worry at the sound of his best friends' cries. He tiptoed towards the boy and kneeled down next to his chair.

"Woozi yah~"

Hoshi's voice was a quiet whisper, but Woozi jumped at his voice, which was very close to his ear.

"Wha- oh uh- Hoshi -sniffle- what a-are you -sniffle- doing in here?"

Woozi frantically wiped away his tears and snot as he sat up, turning away from the kneeling boy. Hoshi sighed and put a hand on Woozi's shoulder, speaking louder this time.

"I'm worried about you hyung...you've been in here more often and not getting enough rest...it definitely shows on your face. Come and rest, you really need it."

Hoshi stood up and swung Woozi's chair to face him. Woozi's head was hanging down, facing the ground. Hoshi was about to pick him up when Woozi's tiny arms wrapped around his waist, face buried into the boys shirt. Hoshi's eyes lit up as he stared down at the boy. Woozi began to cry hard into his shirt, sobs and wails muffled by the cloth. Hoshi's heart broke at the sight of the boy. He lightly pryed the boy off his waist, sitting on his knees to face the crying boy. Woozi covered his face, embarrassed of the way he ugly cried. Hoshi took his arms away, his hyung looking up at him. Hoshi clicked his tongue and hugged the boy, squeezing the boy. Woozi fell off his chair into the hug, shoulders shaking as he sat in Hoshi's lap. Hoshi sat on the floor as he leaned his head onto the wailing boys shaky shoulders, rubbing his back slowly, trying to calm him down. He contemplated on speaking but decided against it, letting Woozi cry it all out. Woozi cradled up into his lap, arms wrapped around his neck, balling his eyes out. Time passed, sitting like that, until Woozi stopped crying. As he pulled away, tears staining his face, eyes red and puffy, Woozi sniffled more as Hoshi wiped his face.

The pink haired boy rubbed his eyes like a child, Hoshi's heart fluttering at his cuteness. He smiled as Woozi looked up at him, the boy laying his head back down on his soaked shoulder. No words were said, Woozi feeling Hoshi's heart beat in his ear as he laid his head on his shoulder. Hoshi wrapped his arms around the small boy, slowly rocking back and forth. As Hoshi kept rocking, he yawned, checking on the boy in his arms to find him sound asleep, lips pursed and eyes puffy. Hoshi smiled at how small and cute he was in his arms. He stood up, easily carrying Woozi in the process, exiting his studio into the dance room. He gently laid Woozi down on a matt as he gathered up his backpack full of clothes and extra shoes. He swung the bag over his broad shoulders, then draped a huge blanket over the backpack. He slowly picked Woozi up bridal style, making sure he wouldn't wake the boy, wrapping the blanket around him.

He exited the dance room, turning the light off and being engulfed in darkness. He slowly made his way down the dark hall and out the door, the cold night air biting at his skin. He swiftly but quietly walked down the dark and dirty alleyways towards the dorms. As he reached the tall building, he quietly snook in, not turning any of the lights on. Hoshi navigated his way through the dorm blind, settling in his room which was currently empty of members. The tall dancer gently laid the sleeping boy on his bed, rearranging the blanket to cover up his small frame. He put his back pack down and headed to the bathroom to take a light shower.

Woozi's eyes slowly opened and he immediately noticed he wasn't in his studio. He shifted his eyes around, realizing he was back at the dorms. He then heard water being turned off and thought someone was in the bathroom. He slowly sat up, rubbing his eyes and sliding off the bed. He walked down the hallway, the bathroom light shining through the doors bottom crack. As he shuffled towards the door, Woozi could smell soap, wafting from it. He slightly opened the door, seeing a half and wet Hoshi applying moisturizer to his face. Woozi opened the door more, Hoshi looking over at him, smiling. Woozi rubbed his eyes again, the bright light stinging his vision. Hoshi's voice was soft when he spoke.

"You're awake? Go back to sleep, it's still late."

Woozi quietly shuffled into the steamy room and sat on the toilet seat, looking up at Hoshi.

"How'd I get here?"

Woozi's voice was a little raspy, Hoshi's heart fluttering at the sound.

"I carried you back."

Hoshi's response shocked the little leader. Hoshi turned back to the mirror, pulling out his toothbrush. Woozi slowly got up,walked to stand behind the tall dancer and wrapped his little arms around his torso, the vocalists tiny hands clasping together at Hoshi's belly button. The tall boys face grew hot as he looked at Woozi in the mirror. Woozi's voice was muffled against his as he spoke quietly.

"Gomawo...Hoshi yah..."

Hoshi smiled at his words and put his toothbrush down. He turned around to face the tiny boy, Woozi bending his neck back far to look up at him. Hoshi hugged him back, water droplets from his hair dripping onto Woozi's back. As Hoshi let go, Woozi smiled, walking out of the bathroom. Hoshi hurriedly brushed his teeth and dressed so he could catch up to the tiny boy.

As he entered his room, Hoshi saw Woozi sitting up against the beds back board, as if he was waiting for the dancer, head tilting to one side, mouth open as he lightly slept.  Hoshi chuckled at his image and tiptoed his way to the bed, sliding in next to the sleeping boy. Woozi's eyes slightly opened at the sound of rustling sheets, looking at Hoshi.

"Come on. If we sleep now, we can still get 2 hours of sleep."

Hoshi whispered, sinking into the warm sheets. Woozi laid down next to him, back to chest. Hoshi wrapped his arms around his tiny body, falling right asleep.