Angels

Guardian Angel

Hello everyone, for those that don’t know I am back. First I want to apologize for the long wait. I also want to thank those of you who waited so long for me. I truly appreciate it. Sorry in advance for any spelling and grammar mistakes I didn’t catch when editing. Anyways I will shut up now and thanks again for waiting. Enjoy 

 

                                                                                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Yunho looked through Kyuhyun’s file. “Ready to become human.”, he read it aloud as he wrote it down on his file. “Can’t send him out without Jinki”.

“Who are you talking to?”Sehun appeared in Yunho’s work space and took a seat in front of him.

“Don’t you have something to do?”, he asked him as he looked through Jinki’s file.

“The next angel doesn’t arrive till one hour.”.
 

“Wow, Jinki is ready to become human too. That was fast.”, Yunho commented as he wrote it down on his file. “Are they a special case?”, he glanced up at him.

“Nope, not a special case.”, Sehun answered, “I am glad Jinki was a special case though. Kyuhyun waited for so long.”.

“Agreed and thankfully Jinki was ready to become human pretty quickly. Probably because he lived amongst them.”, he said as he looked through Jinki’s file. “So still no sign of Jinki’s medallion?”.

“Nope.”.

“That’s a shame. Since Kyuhyun and Jinki are meant to stay together for the first years of their human life. We will go based off of Kyuhyun’s human geological location, for their release tomorrow.”.

“The further away from Kyuhyun’s human the better.”, Sehun comments, “Does Jinki’s file have any clues to where his human was located? We need to make sure Jinki is far from his human as well.”.

“Unfortunately no. Some of his angel memories and his human’s information are encoded in his medallion. Jinki’s file only scratches the surface of what he has done in his lifetime as an angel.”, he looks through Jinki’s file. “I don’t know his thoughts, feelings, nothing. Just his actions.”.

 

“That’s going to make your job hard.”, Sehun looks at Yunho with a sympathetic look. “You know I’ve been wondering. Why does the big guy turn some angels into humans?”.
 

“Big guy?”Yunho looks at him.

“Or girl? Being?”, Sehun sighs, “I don’t know. You are the only one between us with some direct contact with him or her. Don’t get mad at me for not knowing when you don’t tell me.”.

 

“Sehun, you are so young and curious.”.

“You are never going to tell me huh?”.

“When it's time for you to know. You will know.”, he playfully hits Sehun with Jinki’s file, “You should know better than to question the all mighty one.”.

 

“I bet you don’t know either.”,he rubs his head.

“Sehun, I have been doing this for thousands of years. I do what I am told to do happily, I don’t question it.”.

“You look so young for being a thousand years old.”, Sehun .

“I am not human, I don’t age.”.

 

“It’s a joke, relax.”, Sehun laughs, “I am so glad we are not humans. Look at how wonderful our wings are.”He said as he admired his wings, “That’s what I don’t get. Why make perfectly happy angels human? What’s the point?”.

 

“Our job as angels is to support humans. Protect them, guide them, hoping they make the right choices to live a happy life. Humans live in a scary world filled with bad temptations, they need our support through those times and hardships. But as you know we can’t physically help in any way. I believe some angels turn human so they can help in a physical sense. Live a good moral life, so humans can see them as a good example to follow.”.

 

“Make sense.”, Sehun smiled, “There has to be physical angels in the human world so they can be at the right place at the right time. To lend a helping hand. It makes me feel all warm and happy inside, just thinking about it”.

 

Yunho smiled at his young apprentice, he was certain Sehun one day would hold a position like his. “It’s time Sehun.”, he looked at him knowing how much Sehun enjoyed this part.

“How exciting! This is my favorite part.”, he stood up, “Who do I bring?”.

“Bring Hyukjae and Kyungsoo in please.”.

“I’ll be right back.”, Sehun happily left.

Yunho looked through Jinki’s file one more time to see if he could find any clues to where Jinki’s human was located. Seeing as he couldn’t find anything, he decided to base their location off of Kyuhyun’s human. “This seems far enough.”, he said it out loud since it helped him concentrate.He wrote down their location on their file, “Kyuhyun college student, Jinki college school student.”, he started to prepare their new life based on what was sent to him. He placed their birth certificates and all other important documentation onto their files. After he was done with that he put them aside.
 

“I have a question?”.

Yunho looked up at Sehun who appeared in front of him again. “Yes?”.

“Which angel is going to go to the human world with them? You know to make sure they adjust.”.

“I don’t know Sehun. One hasn’t been assigned yet.I know Kangta gets back tomorrow. So it will probably be him since he has the most experience.”.

Sehun looks around, leans in and whispers, “You know what confuses me?”.

“What?” Yunho knew Sehun was a curious angel, willing to break the rules if it meant he got answers. He had found his young appreciate looking through his files plenty of times when he wasn’t supposed to. He knew sehun had a lot of maturing to do, but he was very fond of the young angel.
 

“You are talking too loud. Someone can hear.”, he whispered.

“Oh yeah sorry.”, Yunho whispers back, deciding to play along. He looked around, “I think we are in the clear. What’s your question?”.

“Why do some angels have to turn human, if angels like Kangta exist.”, he whispers, “I don’t get it. Kangta gets to live in the human world, with a human body but he gets to keep his wings, memories and he comes back here all the time.”.

“He is only in the human world every few months. He's there to make sure that the angels that turned human have adjusted well. We can’t send them out there on their own. Kangta and angels like him. Find them a home, job or whatever they need to make their transition and life easier.”,he informs him, “Their only focus is to make sure everything runs smoothly, when they finish their job. They erase every trace of their existence in the human world, so no human or former angel will know that they were once there.”.

“Wow they are like secret agents.”.

 

Yunho laughs, “You know it's not too late to change what you want to do. I’m sure Kangta will take you as an apprentice.”.

“No, I want to be like you. I don’t want to live in the human world.”.

 

“I don’t want to live in the human world either.”Yunho smiled at him, as he grabbed kyuhyun and Jinki files, “Come here I want to show you , how Jinki’s and Kyuhyun’s new life will look like.”.

Sehun walks over excitedly, “You already gave them fake memories?”.

“No, that's until tomorrow.”, he begins to show Sehun the files, explaining everything in detail. He thought this would be a good learning experience for his young apprentice.

                                                                                                       XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Kyungsoo walked back and forth, he was beyond excited. He was finally going to get a human. Not just any human but a former angel. He felt special, that such an honor would be given to him.

“What is taking them so long?” Hyukjae questioned, “Do you think they changed their minds?”.

“No, I am sure everything is fine.”, He waited for so long to finally get a human he was willing to wait outside this place for hours if it meant he finally became a guardian angel. Kyungsoo was one of many angels that wanted to be a guardian angel. Not everyone that wanted to be a guardian angel got to be one. They had to go through training and pass various tests. Being a guardian angel was one of the most important jobs an angel could get. Kyungsoo worked hard to get to this point. He was placed on a waiting list after he passed his training and test. He wasn’t one of those fortunate angels that got their human since birth. He always thought that it meant that his human was special so he didn’t mind waiting. Roaming the world looking out for plants and animals was nothing to complain about. He liked it, but he always wanted a human. He craved that connection that guardian angels had with their humans.

A bright light appeared in front of the two angels “Follow me please.”, Sehun said as he walked back into the light.

Kyungsoo quickly walked into the light, Hyukjae followed close behind.

“Hello I’m Yunho.”, he smiled , “Congratulations to the both of you. You have officially become guardian angels.”. He handed Hyukjae a book, “You’re human is named Kyuhyun he used to be an angel. He is what we call a special case. You will find everything about him there. His life as an angel, his memories, his emotions, his actions. Everything you need to know about him to prepare you for tomorrow.”.

“Thank you.”, Hyukjae smiled as he looked at the book. “I will be ready for tomorrow.”. 

“I’m sure you will.”Yunho looked at him with a reassuring smile, “Please follow Sehun out.”.

Sehun made a light appear and he and Hyukjae disappeared into the light.

Kyungsoo didn’t like the sympathetic look Yunho was giving him. “Am I not getting a human?”.

“You have been assigned a human. He is a special case as well.” Yunho handed him a small book. “In there you will find all of Jinki’s actions and some of his memories. But unlike Hyukjae's book, you won't know his thoughts or feelings. I know it could be a bit challenging since there won’t be an instant connection. You can still get another human. Do you want to get reassigned?”.

“No.”, Kyungsoo smiled, “Jinki is my human and I will make sure everything goes well. I won’t lie, it will be a little challenging since we sort of won’t have that instant connection. But I love him already, and I will take good care of him. I’m sure I will get to know him on a personal level as we go through life together.”.

“I trust that you will do a great job.”, he smiled at him.

Sehun appeared through the light again, “Come on let's go.”.

Kyungsoo held on to his book tightly and went through the light. He looked around and saw he was back on earth again. He took off into the sky and flew as fast as he could to his favorite dessert spot. He walked up to his favorite cactus and sat by it. “I officially became a guardian angel today.”, he spoke to the cactus. “I won't be able to watch over you anymore. I wish I could bring Jinki here to meet you. But that’s impossible since well I’m an angel.”. He laughed as he opened the book. “Wow my Jinki is very handsome, look at him.”, he looked at the pictures in his book then showed it to the plant. “Silly me. You don’t have any eyes.”, he laughed full of glee and excitement. “Jinki has a smile like sunshine, he smiles with his eyes too. You can tell he is a kind hearted man.”. He flips to the next page of the book. “Seems like he has been with Kibum since birth. That used to be his human.”, he informs the cactus. “He cried with Kibum all night when Kibum lost his first tooth. I guess my Jinki is a sensitive man. Oh my he hugged his human to sleep every night. Do you think Jinki would like to be hugged to sleep like he used to do with Kibum?”He continued reading about Jinki’s life as he talked to the cactus. “What in the world! He kissed his human on the lips when he got a human body. Isn’t that a sin?”. He continued reading further. “He did things that I have never heard of before. That I didn’t even think were possible.”, he was shocked but fear started creeping in. He started to doubt himself what if he wasn’t a good enough angel for Jinki. A guardian angel learned through the experiences of their human as they walked through life together. But Jinki already had a human life without him. He feared he wouldn’t have that connection a guardian angel had with his human. He feared he may not be experienced enough for Jinki. 

 

“I've been looking for you everywhere.”, Hyukjae said as he flew down to where Kyungsoo was. “So what’s your human’s name? Before you mention it's against the rules. My Kyuhyun is going to be living with your human for the first years of their lives. I will learn your human’s name by tomorrow.”.

“His name is Jinki.”.

“Watch out world. Kyuhyun and Jinki are coming!”, he screamed excitedly. “Kyuhyun is so funny, and has a soft spot. He is perfect. I already feel connected to him. His thoughts process his feelings. I am so impressed. How about Jinki”.

Kyungsoo looked at him, “He seems kind I guess. He is advanced in some stuff.”, he was curious to ask Hyukjae about some things that Jinki had done. But he decided not to, he wanted to keep Jinki’s privacy. Plus there was no way he knew anything when Kyuhyun was probably never human before like Jinki.

“What do you mean by advanced?”.

“Nevermind that. I love my Jinki. I am sure we will experience a lot of great things together.”.

“Want to sneak in to see them?”.

“Sneak in where? We have no idea where they are. Plus we can’t create passages of light to travel from place to place like Sehun. We will see them tomorrow.”Kyungsoo sternly looked at Hyukjae. “We aren’t breaking the rules.”.

“I was only joking, relax. We both waited for a long time. A few more hours won’t hurt.”.

 

                                               XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Kibum and Jonghyun sat quietly on the couch. The odd energy flowing between them, held them both in silence. Kibum finally had Jonghyun here in front of him. There were many things he wanted to tell him, but the words just wouldn’t come out. Perhaps it was because Jonghyun looked disheveled, the puffiness in his eyes was a direct indication to him that Jonghyun had been crying. He had never seen him like this before. He felt sympathy towards his friend but he also felt anger. The taste of betrayal still lingered within him.

“Kibum?”Jonghyun spoke almost in a whisper.

 

“I know it wasn’t your fault that he reverted back. I don’t blame you for what happened. But I still can’t forgive you.”.

 

“I can’t forgive myself. I was a bad friend to both you and Jinki. I should have been more respectful to your relationship.”.

“Why did you kiss him? If you cared about me , if you cared about Jinki why did you kiss him?”. Jonghyun looked down without saying a word. Kibum knew him long enough to know that his friend felt guilt but there was something behind his silence. Jonghyun would take the blame for anything if it saved Kibum from pain. He had done it many times before, and seeing his friend’s behavior he could tell this was one of those moments. “I want the truth. I know you Jonghyun, I know you are hiding something. Was Jinki the one that kissed you?”. This thought had crossed his mind before. Jinki was so eager to see Jonghyun, maybe Jinki wanted to be with Jonghyun.

“No.”Jonghyun looked at Kibum. “I kissed Jinki, he didn’t kiss me. In fact he pushed me away and told me he loved you. Those were his last words to me”.

Kibum got teary-eyed, it broke him to know he was Jinki’s last thought. He couldn’t cry, all his emotions disappeared in a matter of seconds being replaced by a pounding headache.

Jonghyun looked concerned, “You don’t have to hold it in.”.

“I’m not holding anything in!”, he snapped at him.

 

“Sorry.”, he reached over and held Kibum’s hand. “His last thought was you. He went to see me for you. I was the one holding on to hope that he still loved me. But now that I think back to it I don’t think he ever loved me. I think he felt pity for me, he must have confused his caring for love or something.”.

Kibum held Jonghyun's hand and didn’t let go knowing that his friend was looking for some sort of comfort. “I don’t know Jinki’s feelings, but I know for a fact he never pitied you. He truly cared for you.”.

 

“Maybe I don’t know.”, he let go of kibum’s hand to wipe his tears away. “I’m sorry. I should have never developed feelings for him. I really did love him, but he was not meant for me. You two had a connection with each other from the very beginning. You two were meant for each other.”. He couldn’t contain his tears anymore. “I knew it from the beginning, I should have stopped myself from falling for him. But I couldn't because he was so easy to love.”.

He could tell Jonghyun was in real pain. There was no doubt in his mind that the man in front of him was in love with Jinki. He had thought that Jonghyun was perhaps using Jinki as some sort of security blanket. To block the pain, Jonghyun felt from his parent’s divorce. He was wrong and it was more than evident to him, as he saw Jonghyun break down in front of him. His chest heaved, and his eyes stung with gathering tears. Kibum leaned in and embraced him. Jonghyun clung to him as loud sobs escaped him. All Kibum could think about at the moment was whether or not he loved Jinki as much as Jonghyun loved Jinki. This has crossed his mind several times lately. Everytime he found himself missing Jinki, or crying for Jinki. He spontaneously got a headache and the tears would stop. His sadness would immediately be replaced with hatred towards Jinki. He was starting to hate him, which made him think he never actually loved him. He started to wonder if he was the one who used Jinki as a security blanket, to save him from his loneliness, to save him from his bullies. 

 

When his sobs began to subside, he broke their embrace and looked at Kibum. “Jinki wanted you to be happy. That’s all he wanted.”, he sniffled, trying not to cry again. “He thought that if you and I became friends again. That you would be happy.”. He choked on his words as he tried to speak, without breaking down again. “You probably noticed it sooner than I did. That Jinki wasn’t well. He looked pale when he came to see me, his wings were out, he seemed tired. I think he knew he was going to revert back, because otherwise he wouldn’t have said what he said to me.”.

“What did he say?”.

“He said that he would end things with you, If you and I became friends again.”, he looked him straight in the eyes. “Kibum I don’t want you to think he didn’t love you, because of what he said. I’m sure Jinki didn’t want you to be alone once he was gone. I don’t want you to blame him for anything. You were the only one in his mind when he came to see me. I am the one that messed everything up. I’m sorry.”.

“Jonghyun, it's okay. None of it matters now.  Jinki isn’t here anymore. Whether he was thinking of me or not. Whether he kissed you or you kissed him. It doesn’t matter anymore he is gone.”, he let out a small laugh. “Honestly I am surprised you loved him that much. Look at you, you’re a mess.”.

“Are you alright?”.

“Yes I am fine, don't look at me like I’m crazy. I never thought you would fall in love with someone like Jinki. He isn’t your type at all. You usually go for muscular athletic types. Minho is more your type right?”.

“What’s the matter with you?”Jonghyun stood up.

“Calm down. Get over Jinki already. He isn’t coming back!”, he snapped at him, “He is never coming back. No matter how much I cry for him. No matter how much I wish on a stupid star, he is never coming back! Don’t be stupid you have an opportunity to be happy, take it and let Jinki go.”, He could tell Jonghyun didn’t understand what he was saying. “Minho has a thing for you. Go kiss him!”, anger consumed him once more. “You like kissing your friend’s boyfriends. Minho shouldn’t be an exception right?”.

“What’s wrong with you?”, he looked at him concerned, “You are all over the place.”.

“Leave!”, he yelled, “Get out of my house I don’t want to see you.”.

Jonghyun walked away and left without saying a word.

Kibum walked to the door and locked it. He broke down as he began to think of Jinki again, he wanted to hug him. Hold him in his arms again. He wanted him here. And just like that another headache came, ending his tears, and his feeling for Jinki turned to hatred once again. 

 

                                                                                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Minho walked back home, he felt numb. He didn’t understand why he couldn’t look Taemin in the eyes and tell him he wasn’t in love with Jonghyun. If he had just said those simple words his relationship with Taemin wouldn’t have ended. “I’m not in love with Jonghyun.”. He said those words out loud. They were so easy to say, he didn’t understand why he froze. He wasn’t in love with Jonghyun, he never thought about kissing Jonghyun. Like he thought about kissing Taemin, every time he was near him. He never had a wet dream about Jonghyun, when he had two about Taemin already. His mind drifted to when he and Taemin made love, and he blushed a bit. A smile spread across his lips but it quickly faded, the reminder that Taemin broke up with him; came back. Leaving him with a bitter taste and a broken heart. He loves Taemin, he likes spending time with him. So why couldn’t he just tell him what he wanted to hear. He questioned himself again, scolding himself for his stupid mistake.  Why did he hesitate to say those six simple words? Those words that easily came out of his mouth now. “I’m not in love with Jonghyun.”.

 

A car light shined on him, blinding him the closer it got.

“Want a ride?”Jonghyun lowered his car window as he stopped his car by the sidewalk.

“I’m glad you found your car keys. I was worried you wouldn’t see them.”.

“I didn’t see them, I stepped on them when I left kibum’s house.”.

Minho looked down. “I heard you crying. I figured you both were fixing things so I decided to leave them in his front door. Didn’t want to interrupt.”, he looked at him and smiled. “Thanks again for letting me borrow your car.”.

“No need to thank me.”, he waved him over. “Come on, get in.”.

Minho took a few steps then stopped. If he wanted to fix things with Taemin. He shouldn’t be spending time with Jonghyun alone. “I’ll walk, you should go home.”.

“What kind of friend would I be if I let you walk home so late at night.”, he looked at Minho with concern evident on his face, “Besides I am not even sure if you are going home. For all I know you may go sleep in a park or something. For some odd reason you always think you are a burden. You are not a burden Choi Minho. You can spend the night in my house again if you want.”.

Jonghyun was the kindest, most loving person he had met. He was going through so much, yet he was here worried about him. Minho wanted to fix things with Taemin but if that meant staying away from Jonghyun. He couldn’t do that. A smile spread across his lips and he opened the car door and got in. “You hungry?”.

“French fries?”, he began to drive.

“How did you know?”, Minho said as he buckled his seatbelt. 

 

“Late night french fries is kinda our thing.”.

Minho laughed remembering when they had french fries after they left the amusement park that night, “Late night french fries and morning poptarts is our thing.”.

 

“We are men with good taste.”, he laughed as he drove to the closest fast food place. “So how did it go with Taemin? Good I hope.”.

“We broke up.”.

 

“What?!”, he stepped on the brake.

He slightly flung forward at the car's sudden stop. “Careful!” Minho softly hit him in the arm. “The light is still green.”.

“Sorry.”, Jonghyun 's hands tighten around the wheel. 

 

“We are lucky the roads are practically empty.”.

 

Jonghyun didn’t say a word, his hands were still tightly holding on to the car’s wheel as he looked at the road ahead.

“He broke up with me. Not you, you can relax.”. Minho could tell Jonghyun was nervous, probably because of the small accident they had right now, he thought. 

 

“Was it because of me?”.

“The break up?”, he looked at him. Wondering what Jonghyun knew. 

 

“Yes. Did he break up with you because of me?”, Jonghyun said as he made a right turn into the restaurant establishment.

 

“Of course not.”, he lied, he didn’t want Jonghyun to think badly of Taemin. Or for Jonghyun to think Minho had feelings for him. Because he didn’t , well at least he thought he didn’t. 

 

“Can I have two large french fries and two large drinks.”.

 

Jonghyun's voice broke him out of his train of thought and he was thankful for that. 

 

“What flavor?”The man's voice was loud through the drive thru speaker.

“I’ll have a coke.”.

“Two cokes please.”, Jonghyun said loud and clear.

“That will be five dollars and ninety nine cents.”.

“Okay , thank you. “, Jonghyun said as he drove to the window.

Minho shifted in his seat, taking out his wallet. “Before you say anything. Let me pay, please.”, he took out a ten dollar bill and gave it to Jonghyun.

“Thank you.” Jonghyun smiled, taking the money and giving it to the guy at the window. After he got the food and Minho’s change he handed it over to him. He then drove to the parking lot of the establishment and parked the car.

Minho put away his money, and got the hand sanitizer that he knew Jonghyun kept in the globe compartment. Eating in the car had become a regular thing for them, and he remembered when Jonghyun first put the hand sanitizer there. Saying that he didn’t want Minho to eat with dirty hands and possibly get sick. He smiled, handing the hand sanitizer over to Jonghyun, thinking he was really the most thoughtful person he had met. 

 

“You can start eating without me.”, Jonghyun said as he rubbed his hands together.
 

‘I’ll wait .”.

 

Jonghyun leaned over and put the hand sanitizer back into the glove compartment. “Alright let's eat.”.  He his lips. 

 

Minho stared at Jonghyun’s lips as he them. He couldn’t stop staring.
 

“Minho. The fries.”. 

 

“Right, sorry.”, he laughed as he handed him the fries and a packet of ketchup.

“So why did he break up with you.”, Jonghyun asked as he then ate a couple fries. 

 

He couldn’t tell him the truth when he didn’t even know it himself. All he knew was what Taemin thought to be true. He still didn’t know why he couldn’t say those words to Taemin, he wanted to avoid the conversation at all cost. “We grew apart. I don’t know, we just didn’t have time for us I guess.”. Yes, that is a good answer, he thought. There was nothing Jonghyun could say to counter that . 

 

“I’m sorry.”, Jonghyun apologized. “I know how much you liked him.”

 

“I still like him but I think this is for the best. Taemin and I have two different life paths ahead of us.We were going to break up eventually. He is going to go to a great university.  He is a talented musician, he is smart, he has a great future ahead of him. I'm just going to be stuck here. Working a nine to five job. He deserves better than me.”.

 

“First of all there is nothing wrong with a nine to five job. And second of all, you are plenty smart and talented too. Heck you are smarter than me. Minho, anyone would be lucky to be in a relationship with you. You’re a loving and caring person. Stop looking down on yourself.”, he flicked him in the forehead.

Minho rubs his forehead to soothe the pain, “Thanks.”. 

 

“You’re welcome.”, he laughs and takes a sip of his drink. “Talking about how smart we both are. Come with me to university. There’s plenty of scholarships you can try to get. Plus you won’t have to worry about your mom being alone. The university I am planning to attend is two hours away from here.”.

 

“I don’t know.”.

“Come on Minho, you obviously just made it clear to me that you want to go. You kinda said you don’t want to be working a nine to five job right now. That you don’t want to be stuck here. Then don’t be stuck and come with me. Apply to the university I’m applying to. Think about it, we could be roommates.”.

 

“Being your roommate does sound fun and you said it is two hours away from here right?”.

“Yes.”, Jonghyun smiled, “We can drive here over the weekends to see your mom.”.

 

“Okay. I’ll apply. “, he smiled as he started to eat his fries. 

 

“Great.”Jonghyun leaned over and gave him a quick hug. “I’m planning on visiting the university. To check out the campus. Come with me.”.

“Okay. “, Minho smiled. He was happy to have Jonghyun, he brought hope back into his life. Plus he was making him forget about his break up. Being with Jonghyun was a good distraction from his heart ache. “I’ll tell my mom when I get home.”.

“You’re going home?”.

 

“Yeah.”, he sighed, “Even though my brother’s there and I really don’t want to see him. My mom is extremely worried about me. I don’t want her to become sick.”.

 

“You’re a good son.”, Jonghyun said , as he finished the last bit of his fries and started the car. “You have a good mom.”.

 

Minho knew at the  moment that Jonghyun was thinking about his mother. Being from divorced parents himself he too once thought it was his fault that his parents divorced. “You are a good son too. The things that are happening with your parents aren't your fault. Parents make things more complicated than they have to be sometimes. Don’t blame yourself for their mistakes. You’re a wonderful person. I’m thankful to have you in my life.”.

 

“Thank you.”, he glanced over at Minho, giving him a small smile. His cheeks covered in a slight blush.

 

Minho noticed the tinge of red in Jonghyun’s cheeks. He then stuffed a couple fries into his mouth not wanting to think about it. “So tell me what you know about this university.”.

“You really have not been looking at colleges and universities at all huh?”, he laughed as he drove. “Well for starters, it has a great music program. Plus their athletic team is one of the best in the state. You can try to get a scholarship through their athletic team.”.

Minho listened to Jonghyun attentively as he drove him home. Getting really excited at the possibility of going to university with him. 

 

                                                                                                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Woohyun rubbed Key’s back as he threw up. He started to wonder if changing Kibum’s emotions was making him sick. He was happy and proud of himself that he had stopped Kibum from crying over Jinki multiple times. What he didn’t like though was that Kibum was full of hatred now. He never imagined he would replace the feeling of love for hatred. That was not the result he wanted. He thought that if he stopped the feeling of sadness Kibum would get better. But instead Kibum was getting sick and instead of being happy like Woohyun wanted him to be he was angry. 

 

“Kibum, I never wanted this for you.”, he sat on the bathroom floor beside Kibum as he rubbed his back. He knew that his human couldn’t hear him but that didn’t stop him. “Yes I am not very fond of the fact you call me Onew, or Jinki. But that doesn’t mean I wanted this.”.

He got off the ground when Kibum stood to rinse his mouth and watch his hands. He gasped when he noticed that some of his wing feathers were turning black. “Oh no!”. The only angels that had black wings were fallen angels. Angels that didn’t serve god but the devil himself. “Okay I messed up. I’ll fix it, I won’t change his emotions anymore.”. He said hoping God decided to hear him and not cast him out. 

 

As soon as Woohyun let go and let Kibum feel what he wanted to feel, Kibum broke down. A wave of emotions overcame Kibum, and Woohyun felt all of them. He had never felt something so strong before. An overwhelming emotion of love and sadness consumed him. His eyes were filled with tears as he hugged Kibum and cried with him. He now knew how much Kibum loved Jinki and how much he missed him. He was now truly connected to Kibum, their connection had never been stronger. When his feathers changed back to their original color, it didn’t bring him happiness. He couldn’t be happy if Kibum wasn’t happy.

                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Taemin laid in bed staring up at the ceiling. He had no more tears left, as he was left feeling numb. His mind full of questions. He wondered if he was capable of seeing him only as a friend now. He wanted Minho to be happy, he wanted to have him in his life. But the thought of having him so close, and not being about to kiss him, or hold his hand broke him. Was he going to be able to see him with Jonghyun, or anyone for that matter? When his body, heart and soul crave to be near him. 

 

The look in Minho's eyes was one that he didn’t recognize. It was unreadable to him, foreign even. Maybe Minho looked at him that way because he was angry with him, perhaps he was just tired. Or maybe Minho just didn’t like that his crush or love for Jonghyun was discovered. Whatever the reason was, he knew he didn’t look at him the same way he usually did. He always loved the way Minho looked at him. It was an indescribable look , a look that made Taemin feel wanted, loved and cared for. No one ever looked at him that way before. Heck he felt no one really cared for him the way Minho did. He knew he was wrong about that though. That it was probably his depression getting the best of him. Because he now had friends who cared about him, of that he was sure. And unfortunately now Minho was just one of those friends. Those looks of want, and love he received from Minho, would most likely be directed at Jonghyun now. He had to learn to accept it, he had to learn to live with the decision he made.
 

Because he knew it was the right decision. He didn’t regret it as he thought back to everything. The day he first laid eyes on Minho, he was immediately attracted to his handsome good looks. Minho being kind to him that day didn’t make things easier, he thought. He gave him a towel, helped him apply sunscreen and even stayed behind with him; when Jinki, Jonghyun and Kibum went for a walk. He made it so easy for Taemin to fall for him. Soon after that Minho occupied Taemin’s thoughts. He was all he thought about back then, he brought happiness to his depressing life. He remembered how he wanted to spend time with Minho, so he could keep his happy state of mind. He was so desperate back then that he confessed way too soon to Minho. He recalled Minho telling him that he wanted to take things slow.  As he thought back to all that, he realized he kinda forced Minho into almost everything that they ever did together. “He wanted a friend and I forced him into a relationship.”, Taemin talked to his guardian angel Kai. “I attached myself to him like some type of leech.”, he sighed, “Jonghyun gave him genuine friendship, and what did I do? I became jealous and tried to take that away from him.I was a horrible boyfriend and friend to him. Only thinking about my own selfish needs.”. He caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror that faced his bed. He sat up and turned to look away from the mirror. The last thing he wanted to see was his reflection, he hated himself at the moment. 

 

“I was a burden to him, not just him but to Jonghyun and Kibum too. They will all start to hate me soon.”, depressive thoughts started to consume him. He started to think they would be better off if he just left them alone. He could do what his parents wanted him to do and study music abroad. That will be an easy way to disappear from his friends' lives. To not be a burden to them anymore. He knew if he wanted to go abroad he had to be better than everyone else. He needed to practice more, to become the best. To forget about Minho, to get out of his depressive state of mind. He was about to get up to practice the piano but he didn’t move. He didn’t have the energy to play the piano. He didn’t have the energy to do anything, not even sleep. He grabbed his blanket, with the intention of staying in bed, to stare into nothingness. As he covered himself with his blanket, he froze. He sat up in shock, when he saw a pair of wings right in front of him. 

 

                                                                                                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Kai didn’t like how Taemin was seeing himself right now. The medication Taemin was taking was helping. The talks he had with his therapist were also helping, he had seen the improvement himself. The therapist’s guardian angel confirmed to him that her human was the best. Taemin really seemed to like her. So Kai believed her, maybe he was heading to a dark place again because he missed a few sessions. Maybe Taemin will feel a bit better when he sees his therapist tomorrow. He knew the break up with Minho wasn’t easy for his human, but he knew Taemin thought it was the right decision. He heard his thoughts, felt his emotions and Minho was not causing this relapse of depression. He started to feel helpless again, he didn’t want Taemin to go back to how he was that day Onew saved his life. He felt Taemin’s sadness. It hit him like a wave. Kai began to cry, he went and hugged him hoping, wishing that Taemin could feel how much he loved him. He hugged him tighter, hoping he would absorb Taemin’s hurt and sadness, he wanted to take his pain away. 

 

“You’re beautiful, please don’t cry.”.

 

Kai let go of him, tears still running, “You can see me?”.

 

Taemin's hand slowly approached Kai’s face, and the angel didn’t move. As Taemin went to wipe his tears his hand went right through Kai. 

 

“Oh so I don’t have a squishy body.”, he wiped his tears away. He looked down at his medallion to see it still only had one name. He was glad it still just said Kai. He didn’t want a squishy body, he didn’t want to leave Taemin’s side like Onew left Key.

“What did you say? I can’t hear you.”, Taemin looked at him.

“You can’t hear me? Have I been talking to myself?”, he pouted. 

 

“You’re so cute.”, Taemin smiled.

Kai smiled, he could feel Taemin’s sadness was starting to go away. He was glad for this miracle,he had heard that some people sometimes saw their angels or heard them. So he wasn’t surprised he was able to see him, he always knew his Taemin was special. He knew taemin found his pouting amusing for some odd reason so he decided to make him funny faces. He thought it would make him happier.

“What are you doing? I am not a child.” Taemin laughed , “Are all angels as adorable as you?”

“Not all of them, some are very annoying like Amber.”, he grimaced, recalling what she had told him. “Changmin is okay, I liked him. Woohyun, I don't like  him, he took Kibum from Onew.”, he pouted, “I am not being biased but Onew is my favorite. We understood each other. I miss him.”.

“Can’t hear you remember.”, Taemin laughed. “Thank you for always being with me. It seems like you are always saving me.”.

 

“Of course, I love you.”, he smiled, feeling Taemin’s emotion, it was one of happiness and love.

“I wish you could turn human.”.

 

Kai shook his head rapidly, “No , no ,no I’m happy without a squishy body. I do wish I could eat chicken though. Onew said it was delicious. Oh yeah you can’t hear me.”. He laughed.

“By the way you shook your head I am assuming you don’t want to be human. “, he sighed, “There I go being selfish again, even towards my own guardian angel.”.

 

“You’re not selfish at all.”, he spoke even though he knew he couldn’t hear him. “It’s not a bad thing to not want to be alone. It’s not a bad thing to want a hug.”. He knew that Taemin wanted that from him the most. He leaned forward kissing his forehead and then embracing him in a tight hug.

Taemin tried wrapping his arms around him but his hands just passed through him. “Not fair you can feel me and I can’t feel you.”.

 

Kai let go of him as he looked at him smiling. He knew he understood what he was trying to tell him. He felt it in Taemin’s emotions. The emptiness in Taemin was slowly going away. He reached over and touched his teared stained cheek, caressing them slowly with his thumb.

“We need to tell Key about this. Maybe we both would be able to see Onew again.”.

 

“Taemin!”His mother opened his bedroom door. “You don’t want to practice your piano, you are not allowed to talk to your friends on the phone.”, she extended her hand, “Give me your phone.”.

Taemin reached into his pocket and gave it to her.

“Thank you. Now go to bed, it is late.”, she left the bedroom, closing the door behind her. 

 

“Kai!” Taemin looked around, “Where are you?”.

Kai remained seated right in front of him, a bit sad that Taemin could no longer see him. Wishing he could tell him that if they somehow manage to see Kibum’s guardian angel. That they would no longer see Onew.
 

“I don’t know how I did it but I promised we will see each other again.”, Taemin covered himself with his blanket. “If you could do something to help me sleep please do it. I want to be well rested when we see Kibum and hopefully Onew tomorrow.”.

 

Kai knew he couldn’t do anything to help him sleep, so he just went and laid beside him and embraced him. Knowing that even if they existed in the same time, they lived in two different dimensions. Somehow Onew broke through that dimension and now he was gone. He reached and grabbed his medallion staring at it making sure it still only had one name. He was scared to somehow break through like Onew did. But all his worries went away when he felt how happy Taemin was to have seen him. Seeing as his medallion still only had one name, was a relief, “This is not the last time you’ll see me I promise.”. 

 

                                                                                             XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

“They said we can’t take anything with us.” Jinki looked nervously at Kyuhyun, “Without these notebooks I won’t be able to find Kibum. I won’t even remember him.”.

“Don’t worry.”, Kyuhyun placed his hand on Jinki’s shoulder and smiled, “I know an angel who might be able to help.”.

“Really?”, Jinki hugged him tightly, breaking the embrace immediately and walking to the door. “What are we waiting for, let's go.”.

 

 “I don’t know where he is. But I know he will come to see me before I leave. He comes here often but doesn’t belong here so reaching him is a bit hard.”.

 

He goes and sits down on the couch, feeling a bit defeated and helpless “Are you sure he will come?”

 

“I am positive.”, he sits down beside him and grabs Jinki’s hand, lacing their fingers together. “We will find Kibum. I promise you that.”.

“I promise I will help you find your human too.”.

 

“Hate to break it to you but that won’t happen. It is impossible, the world is so big and I know nothing about her now. If I try looking for her , I will waste my whole life doing it. Besides she’s happy.”,he let go of his hand and placed it over his own heart. “I can feel it.”. Kyuhyun smiled. “Even though I am not there by her side to see it and experience it , I am happy because she is happy. My duty as her angel is over, and I am okay with that.”.

“I am glad she is happy. If I can’t find Kibum, I hope he can be happy too.”.

“There is no if, we will find him. Thanks to what you wrote down we have clues to locate him and your friends.Trust me he will be happy with you by his side.”. 

 

“What if he forgot about me already? What if he fell in love with someone else? What if he hates me?” All these thoughts have crossed Jinki’s mind before he never voiced them aloud or told anyone. But now that they would soon leave this place, his fears and insecurities were very much present. At times he thought it would be better, if he forgot about his old life, and took this opportunity as a fresh start. Make new friends and meet new people, like it was intended for him to do. 

 

“Stop it. What if questions are unanswerable. No one knows what is going to happen. Stop imagining things.”.

“Kyuhyun, you said it yourself, no one knows what is going to happen. Everything is possible, while we have been here, frozen in time. Life kept going for kibum, who knows how much a day here is equivalent to a day on earth. It could even be years”.

“That’s true, I can't tell you the equivalent in days, hours or minutes. This place is a simulation of earth so my prediction is that everything is the same. A day here is a day over there.”, he looked at Jinki straight in the eyes. “We are looking for Kibum, we have to at least try Jinki. Too much happened not to try. You were always meant to have a chance at a human life. You got your human body before you came to this place. There had to be a reason for it.”.

“I guess.”, he answered, not fully convinced. Kibum's face was becoming a blur to him now. How was he going to find him if he didn’t even know what he looked like?

 

“Trust me Jinki. There is a reason for it.”, a smile returned to on Kyuhyun’s lips, “I also believe I was meant to leave this place with you. I have a feeling that finding Kibum and your friends is what I need to do to find my future.”.

 

Jinki didn’t want to disappoint Kyuhyun. He was all Jinki had. His future with Kibum was uncertain but he knew that here and on earth, Kyuhyun was a definite thing. He was his family, “You are right.”He tried to remain positive for his own sake and the sake of his friend. 

 

“So tell me how does it feel to kiss someone?”.

 

Jinki chuckled, surprised by Kyuhyun's sudden question. “I wish I could tell you but I don’t really remember. I will get back to you on that when I kiss him again.”, he blushed slightly. Trying really hard to see things like Kyuhyun did. Hoping there was a future for him and Kibum.
 

“I want to kiss someone. That is one of the first things I am going to do when we get to earth.”.

 

“Why?”

“It seems fun, and I imagine it feels amazing. Plus I need to have someone to kiss. You will have Kibum, what am I going to do when you are with him.”.

“There are other things to do besides kissing, like eating chicken.”.

 

“Jinki, I had chicken before. Although tasty it probably doesn’t compare to kissing someone. You remember that class we took about the way people show love?”.

 

“Yeah who could forget.”, he looked down and blushed a bit. “Very uncomfortable class.”.

“Uncomfortable? I thought it was great. I want to try everything.”, Kyuhyun said excitedly, “I want one of those kisses that will take my breath away.”.

“With tongue?”.

“No with my toes, of course with tongue. It isn’t a real kiss if it isn’t with tongue.”, Kyuhyun talked like he was some sort of expert.

“You sound like an expert.”.

“You’re the expert, you actually did it already.”.

 

“I didn’t do it! Of that I am sure.”.

“Not that it, I am talking about kissing.”.
 

“Kibum and I did kiss but I don’t remember if it was with tongue.”, he tried to remember feeling frustrated that he couldn’t recall anything.  “Maybe it will all come back to me when I see him or when I actually sit down and take the time to read everything I wrote. What I do know is”. A sudden light appeared, interrupting Jinki. It was the same light that brought him here. Their human life was about to start and Kyuhyun's friend never came to help.

 

“You two ready?”, he looked at them, “Follow me through the light please.”.

 

“Sehun wait!” Kyuhyun went to grab the notebooks, “We need your help.”.

 

Jinki didn’t expect this angel to be the one to help them. He looked so serious, like someone who wouldn’t dare to break the rules and help them out. “Are you sure he will help us?”He walked up to Kyuhyun and whispered.

“Yes, we are friends.”, Kyuhyun walked up to Sehun and handed him the notebooks. “As you already know we need to leave everything behind. Our angel life, friends, memories. But we -”, he looks over at Jinki then back at Sehun, “can’t leave these notebooks here. Sehun, I need you. We need you. These notebooks,” he places his hand on top of the notebooks. “Need to come with us to earth.”.

 

Sehun looked at the notebooks carefully, “What’s in them?”.

 

“I told you he wasn’t going to help.”, Jinki felt frustrated. “He is too uptight.”.

 

“I never said I wasn’t going to help. I was just curious.”, Sehun kept eyeing the notebooks. He then looks up at Jinki. “Being in this place really makes you lose all your angel qualities. You act very human.”.

Jinki didn’t think he changed at all. Well at least he didn’t notice any changes. That comment Sehun made hurt him. He didn’t completely remember his life as an angel, but he assumed he was happy and he loved it. He hoped to be happy in the life that was now given to him. But if shedding his wings changed him. Would Kibum like the new him? Would his heart yearn to be with Kibum if he was a completely different person?

“That’s the point isn’t it? To be human.”, Kyuhyun looks over at Jinki, giving him a reassuring smile.

“True.”, Sehun agrees, “I wouldn’t want to be human though. I love my wings.”.

“You took mine away. You took my life and brought me here.”.

“Jinki, I didn’t bring you here. I am no one to decide who gets a human life.”, Sehun looked him straight in the eyes.  “Honestly, I don’t know why this happens. I don’t know what triggered this change for the both of you. One day you both were assigned your human and became guardian angels. Now you are both getting a human life. That was chosen for you, not by me but by the all mighty one. If I was the one making the decisions. You would have been human from the start. It saddens me that I have to take away the wings of thousands of angels that walk through the light I create. But this is my purpose, I am following the instructions that are given to me.”.

“So you aren’t going to help us?”Kyuhyun looks at him. “Can you break the rules just this once.”.

Sehun looks at his surroundings, “I have broken the rules before.”, he whispers. “I will make sure these notebooks make it to earth with you.”.
 

Jinki felt guilty for judging Sehun unfairly. “Sehun, I'm sorry. My behavior was inapproprite. Being scared is not a valid excuse for the way I acted. I took out all my fustrations on you, when you didn’t deserve none of it.”.

“I forgive you.”, he looked at both Jinki and Kyuhyun with a sympathetic look. “All of this must be scary for you. Being special cases it makes you more self aware of what this place is. Of what you two are about to become. Like I said I have seen a ton of angels come and go. Most of them aren’t aware of what this is. To them this place is earth. In their eyes they were never once angels. It’s weird to see it actually. “, he smiled at them. “I want to thank you both for not making those other angels aware of anything. You could have easily told them,made them self aware. It  would have made Yunho’s and my job very hard.”.

“It's easy to forget.  In this place, you have no connection with your past life. No connection with the human you protected for years. I actually forgot who I was, I thought I was on earth.”, Jinki looked at Kyuhyun, “If it wasn’t for you I would have forgotten everything. I don’t think I will ever be able to thank you enough.”.

 

“You don’t need to thank me.”, Kyuhyun teared up, “I would have been like any other angel here if I wasn’t still connected to my human. I may not remember what I went through with her, but feeling her emotions; it's what kept that side of me alive. I know once I go through this light I won’t be able to sense her anymore. She will be erased from my life forever and that makes me kinda sad. Being connected to her these past five years made me feel like I wasn’t alone. Now I will be on my own, and it's scary. Everything that I feel, all my thoughts, are going to be my own, and that thought scares me.”.

Sehun leaned forward towards them and whispered, “You aren’t leaving alone. You two have been assigned guardian angels of your own. Plus there’s another angel going with you to earth to make sure you adjust. You are being protected so don’t be scared okay.”. He smiled, “Now go through the light please. Your new life is about to start.”.

 

“Thank you Sehun.”, Kyuhyun walked over and hugged him. 

 

“Thank you.”, Jinki smiled at Sehun as he went and stood next to Kyuhyun. “You ready?”.

 

“I’m ready.”, he reached over and held Jinki's hand tightly as the both walked through the light.

 

                                                                                                      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Yunho had no idea why he was here, in a car with Jinki, Kyuhyun and Kangta on earth. With a human body that he never wanted. Saying goodbye to Sehun was the hardest thing he ever had to do. The way his apprentice cried and begged to come along broke his heart. He knew that this was temporary and he would soon be back with Sehun; doing what he always did and loved. But it still angered him that he was forced to be here, to do a job assignment he never done before. 

 

He closed his eyes, as he gave himself a little pep talk. “You can do this, trust in god like you always have.”.

“You said something.”, Kangta glanced over at him, turning his attention back on the road as he drove.

“No, I was talking to myself.”, he looked over at him.

Kangta looked at the rear view mirror, seeing Jinki, and Kyuhyun in the backseat distracted on their phones. “Some humans consider that talking to yourself. Is an action for the crazy. So you might want to only do that in private.”, he whispered. 

 

“Thanks for the heads up.”, Yunho sighed. He wasn’t used to this human body and its needs yet, and now he realized he had to be more cautious of his surroundings. He turned to look at Kyuhyun and Jinki in the back seat. They seemed so well adjusted, so human, that he thought his stay here would be quick. 

 

Kangta parked the car in the driveway of a suburban looking home. “We are here.”.

“Jinki, Kyuhyun get all the luggage out of the truck please.”Yunho instructed them as he extended his arm holding the key to the home.

 

Kyuhyun grabbed the key and exited the car, followed by Jinki. 

 

Yunho got out of the car and kept an eye on the two former angels as they ran towards the door holding their luggage. 

 

“I know this must be scary for you, but there's nothing to be afraid of.”, Kangta said as he leaned on the hood of the car. “You’ll help them adjust then you will be back home, waiting to be called for your next case.”.

 

“There will be no next case for me. This is it.”, he looked at Kangta. “Once I help Jinki and Kyuhyun adjust. I’m hoping to be in my previous position with Sehun and away from the human world.”.

 

“They seem like they will adjust fast.”Kangta smiled at Yunho. “So do you have any questions for me before I go?”.

 

“I don’t even know where to start. I don’t know how to move this thing.”, he pointed at the car. “I don’t understand my own body. Like why does my stomach hurt and it's making this weird noise.”.

He laughed, “Yunho, that just means you are hungry, there is food in the kitchen. Don’t forget your human body also needs sleep so make sure to rest?”.

 

“Alright.”., he nodded. 

 

“Everything will come naturally to you, trust me. If you don’t know what to do, copy what Kyuhyun and Jinki are doing alright.”. Kangta hugged him, “Don’t forget to look for a job you are going to need one.”.

 

Yunho broke their embrace, “I don’t know exactly how I am going to look for one but I got this. I’ll try my best, don't worry.”.

 

“I’m not worried, You have always been good at everything you try. Besides, God wouldn’t have sent you here if he knew you couldn’t do it.”, he smiled, “Don’t forget if you need help with anything, I am sure Jinki and Kyuhyun will help you. They are human now, they know how this thing works.”.

 

“Kangta before you go please don’t forget to look after Sehun.”.

 

“Don’t worry about Sehun, he will be fine. You taught him everything he knows. I’m sure he will do your job well while you are gone.”. Kangta closed his eyes and started to glow revealing his angelic form. As he opened his wings, a blindly bright light spread throughout. Then he was gone.

Yunho headed inside to check up on Jinki and Kyuhyun.

“I put your luggage in your bedroom.”, Jinki said as he laid on the couch, playing a game on his phone.

“Thank you.”, he looked around, “Where’s Kyuhyun?”.

“In the kitchen I think.”, he answered without bothering to look up from his phone.

Yunho walked into the kitchen and saw Kyuhyun sitting on the kitchen counter watching some video on his phone. “Don’t you think you and Jinki should spend less time on your phone?”.

“The car ride here was exhausting. We're too tired and we want to relax.”, Kyuhyun answered as he then went back to watching the video on his phone.

Yunho knew the car ride was actually very short. But for Jinki and Kyuhyun it was a ten hour drive. That’s how it was programmed into their memory. He smiled happy to see that the fake memories that were created for them were working. He walked over to the fridge to grab something to eat. His human body needed it. He took out some lettuce. He liked its bright green color. He sat down and started to eat. Wow, this is delicious, he thought to himself. He was happy that the first food he ever had was something that tasted good.

“Why are you eating lettuce by itself?” Kyuhyun looked at him and laughed. “I know we are all a bit tired and feeling lazy due to the long trip. But come on, at least make yourself a sandwich.”.

“I want a sandwich.”, Jinki walked into the kitchen putting his phone in his pocket.

“I was going to make a sandwich , I was checking if the lettuce was good.”, Yunho didn’t understand why he couldn’t just eat the lettuce by itself. It was perfectly fine for him, his tummy seemed satisfied with it. He could eat this for the rest of his human life.
 

“You have a funny way of checking.”, Kyuhyun chuckled as he grabbed the lettuce and went over to the sink and washed it. “Driving must have been tiresome for you, I’ll make you a sandwich.”.

“Could you make me one too please?”, Jinki asked as he took out the rest of the ingredients and put them on the counter.

“Sure.”, Kyuhyun answered as he started to prepare the sandwiches.

Jinki closed the fridge and went to sit beside Yunho, taking out his phone.  “I am so glad the movers unpacked all our funiture for us. I wouldn’t have had the energy to move everything around.”.

“Yeah.”, Yunho didn’t know what to say.

“How did you get food on our fridge anyways?”, Kyuhyun asked as he continued to make the sandwiches.

“Yeah how did you do that.”, Jinki looked up from his phone at  Yunho.

“I -um .”, he looked at Kyuhyun then at Jinki, “It was a gift from god.”.
 

Kyuhyun and Jinki both laughed, “Stop playing around, how did you do it?”Kyuhyun asked.

Yunho didn’t know what to say, he gave them an honest answer and they didn’t believe him. “Let’s just be thankful we have food okay.”.

“Okay.”, Jinki leaned over, “Yunho you have to see this video. Look at what this puppy does.”.

Yunho leaned closer to watch the video. He was glad they didn’t question him further and were easily distracted with what they were doing to care for an answer. As he looked at the video he smiled, those furry animals named puppies were really cute. 

 

                                                                                                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Jonghyun couldn’t believe he had Jinki right in front of him. “I’m glad you are back. “, he smiled as he inched closer. 

 

Jinki didn’t say a word, he simply smiled at him, closing the gap between them.

Jonghyun was trapped between Jinki’s body and the wall. He could feel Jinki’s breath against his lips. His heart started beating rapidly in anticipation , he leaned forward pressing their lips together. Their lips softly brush against each other several times. It felt so warm, so inviting, so different from their previous kiss. He felt Jinki’s tongue against his lips, parting them. Jonghyun gladly gave him asses to his mouth. He never imagined someone so innocent would be so bold and eager. Jinki’s tongue plunged urgently into Jonghyun’s mouth, stealing his breath away.

When Jonghyun broke their kiss for air, he slowly opened his eyes. Stunned at the sight greeting him, it's Minho. He was kissing Minho, not Jinki.

Minho grips Jonghyun's chin, tilting Jonghyun's head so he can have better access to his lips.

Jonghyun's heart rate accelarated as Minho’s face came close to his own. Jonghyun quickly latched his lips back to Minho’s , devouring and inhaling Minho’s mouth. Jonghyun let out a moan as they kissed. His fingers on Minho’s nape, bringing him closer as his fingers then thread through Minho’s hair.

 

“You are such a bad friend Jonghyun.”, Jonghyun broke the kiss as he heard Kibum’s voice.”Kissing Taemin’s boyfriend.”, Kibum looked at him. “You’re a horrible person.”.
 

Jonghyun saw a distraught looking Taemin sobbing louding, his chest heaving as he tried to breath. “I hate you!”Taemin yelled at him, “You’re a horrible friend.”.
 

He suddenly woke up, covered in sweat. He exhaled relieved it was all just a nightmare. He remained in bed slightly pouting as he thought back to his dream. Why, why did he have to dream about kissing Minho, he berated himself. His train of thought was soon broken when he heard his phone vibrate loudly on his night stand. 

 

He reached over and looked at the screen seeing it was Minho. He didn’t want to talk to him, not after that dream. It had felt so real, that he actually felt guilty for kissing him, even though he actually never did. He let it go to voicemail. But then it started to vibrate again. He stared at Minho’s name on the screen, deciding to answer it this time. He couldn’t avoid him, he didn’t want to avoid him. “Hello.”.

 

“Jonghyun, are you on your way?”.

 

“It’s Saturday Minho.”.

“I know it’s Saturday. We were supposed to go see the university, remember?’”Minho informed him, “Maybe I got the weekend messed up, let me check.”.

“No, you are right we were supposed to go this weekend.”, Jonghyun said as he got out of bed and headed to his closet to grab some clothes. “I stupidly slept through my alarm. I am going to take a quick shower then I’ll go over.”.

“Alright.”, Minho answered, “Jonghyun, please don’t eat a cold pop tart. I woke up early to make you breakfast. I want you to eat here.”.

Jonghyun smiled, feeling happy that Minho cooked him breakfast. It made him feel like someone actually cared about him. “ I promise I’ll have breakfast with you. See you in a bit. Bye”.  He ended the call grabbing a towel as he walked into the bathroom.

As the warm water hit his skin he couldn’t stop thinking about his dream. What did it mean? He couldn’t possibly be falling for Minho right? He questioned himself. Yeah that couldn’t be it. He didn’t want that to be the reason for that dream. He and Minho were best friends nothing more. He did spend all his time with Minho, but that was because Kibum and Taemin were both avoiding him and Minho at school. He didn’t know why Taemin wasn’t talking to him, but he figured it was because of Kibum. The last couple of days in school were uncomfortable. Not talking to Kibum and Taemin was affecting him. He figured the dream was just a side effect to everything that was happening between the four of them. He turned off the water, deciding not to pay attention to his dream. 

 

After he finished changing he grabbed his wallet and car keys and headed towards his car. He got into his car and started it, sending Minho a text that he was on his way. 

 

When he arrived at Minho house he parked the car feeling slightly nervous. He doesn’t know you dreamt about making out with him. There’s nothing to be nervous about, the kiss didn’t happen he thought to himself hoping the jittery feeling he was having would go away.

Minho opened the door on the first knock, “Let’s eat quick before my brother gets here.”, he said as he walked towards the kitchen.

 

Jonghyun closed the door behind him and followed him into the kitchen. “The pancakes look delicious.”, he smiled, the nervous feeling completely gone, replaced by a warm pleasant one.

 

Minho served himself and Jonghyun a plate, setting it down on the kitchen table. “Please eat.”.

Jonghyun sat besides him, putting syrup on his pancakes as he then began to eat. “Delicious, compliments to the chef.”.

 

Minho smiled, “Glad you like them. “, he took a bite of his food. “You have no idea how glad I am that my brother decided to sleep somewhere else. Hopefully he will decide to go back home soon.”.
 

“You have to give him some credit though. As soon as you returned home, he left to a hotel. He could have been a total jackass and kept staying here.”.

“You don’t know him. .”, Minho got up to get some milk for him and Jonghyun. “Who do you think is paying for the hotel he is staying at?”.

“Your dad.”, Jonghyun grabbed the glass of Milk Minho handed to him, “Thank you.”.

 

“Yes my dad is paying for it.”, he sat back down, “ I bet he was happy to go to that hotel. This house isn’t up to his standards.”.

“Sorry to say it but your brother is stupid.”, he looked at Minho, “I love it here. I would have liked to be part of your family. Your mom is so kind, so loving. And you Minho, you are -”, he decided not to finish that thought. Jonghyun couldn’t tell Minho that he is the most important person in his life right now.

“I’m what?”He reached over and grabbed Jonghyun’s hand.

He snatched his hand away. His face started to redden out of nervousness and embarrasement. He was afraid to get closer to Minho. Since the dream he had he was starting to question his relationship with Minho. “I’m sorry.”, he faked a laugh, trying to play it cool. “I zoned out. I started to think about Jinki and my mother.”. He lied as he looked down, avoiding eye contact with Minho. “Minho, you are someone very special to me. Your brother was an idiot to walk out on you, and your mother of course.”.

 

“Thanks but I am nothing special , but my mother is though.”, he smiled, grabbing his and Jonghyun empty plate and taking them to the sink.

“Let me help you.”, Jonghyun grabbed the two cups and walked over.
 

“Okay, I’ll wash you can place them in the rack to dry.”, he said as he started to wash the dishes.

 

After they were done watching the dishes, they grabbed some water bottles and got in the car to go to the university. The car ride was fun and relaxing for Jonghyun. It made him forget about all his worries. He sang a couple songs for Minho, since he requested him to do so. They played some road games, and they even snacked on a cold pop-tart. 


 

“This university is amazing!”Jonghyun talked to Minho as they continued exploring the campus. “I could see us coming here.

“I really like it too.”.

“You heard what the admissions counselor said. We should turn in our application by next weekend.”, he looked at Minho. “Once we turn it in. We will get accepted and be roommates.”.

 

“I’ll get started on my application tomorrow.”.

“I’ll come over to your house so we can do our application together.”.

“Sounds like a plan. I hope we get accepted.”, Minho smiled, as he then started walking towards the soccer field. “You hear that I think they are having some kind of practice or a game. Let’s go check it out.”.

Jonghyun followed him towards the soccer field, “You will be playing soccer here next year.”.

“I hope so.”, Minho kept his eyes on the players on the field; as they got on the bleachers, “You better come to every game and practice. I need you by my side.”.   

 

“Of course, I wou-”, Jonghyun stood on top of the bleachers in shock. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing. “Minho, is Jinki!”. He started to tear up, “Jinki!”.
 

                                                                                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Well that does it for this Chapter. I hope you enjoyed it. For those of you who don’t know. This fic was written by hand in a notebook a couple of years back. It was already completed. I used to be able to get on my laptop, type it up and post it. But due to an accident. I have lost some of  my notebooks. The one that contained this fic along with some of my other fics. I don’t like leaving things unfinished. So now I am writing this in real time so it is taking longer unfortunately. Anyways I don’t want to make this too long, thank you for taking your time to read and please leave a comment if you can. I enjoy the feedback