Don't Forget Me

Guardian Angel

A/N: Thank you for reading,and commenting I really appreciate it. Sorry in advance for any spelling/grammar mistakes and I really hope you enjoy this chapter.

                                                   XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Key broke free from Jonghyun's embrace; tears still rolling down his cheek, "Don't touch me! This is all your fault.".

"My fault?" Why would you think I would want this?", Jonghyun he raised his voice as he wiped away his tears,"You weren't the only one who loved him.".

"He spent his last conscious moments with you. What did you do to him? What did you tell him?", Key yelled.

"Both of you calm down this isn't going to solve anything.", Minho sniffled as he continued to hold Taemin in his arms.

Key completely ignored Minho as he then pushed Jonghyun, "What did you do to him? Answer me!". He was feeling a mixed of emotions, he wanted answers, he wanted to bring Jinki back.

Jonghyun remained silent without saying a word allowing Key to push him.

"Answer me!", Key yelled grabbing him by the collar of shirt.

Minho broke his embrace with Taemin; walking up to both men as he then separated them,"This isn't going to bring him back. You need to stop this now!".

Key pushed Minho out of the way; grabbing Jonghyun by his shirt again. "What did you do to him? Answer me!".

Jonghyun glared at Key as he pushed him"I told him I loved him and then I kissed him.".

"I ing hate you!", he punched Jonghyun in the face. Just the mere though of Jinki's last kiss being from Jonghyun made him feel mad, sad and betrayed.

Jonghyun was about to hit Key, but Minho held him back as Taemin got in front of Key. "Stop it!", Taemin yelled,"I get it. Your both are angry and hurt, but none of these is going to bring Onew back.", Taemin started to cry again,"Although we can not see him or hear him, he is in this room right now. He's probably sad, crying, and scared, don't make him suffer more than he already is.".

"Leave! I never want to see you again.", Key was once again in the verge of tears his whole body was shaking. 

Tears formed in Jonghyun's eyes as he looked towards Key's direction as he then walked away.

Key didn't know if Jonghyun looked at him or if he was somehow trying to say goodbye to Jinki. He began to wonder if Jinki was actually there with him, since he felt empty like part of him was missing. Once the first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream.

"I'm so sorry.", Taemin began to cry as he hugged Key tightly.

He hugged him back as he silently cried, he felt like something had been ripped from his soul. An empty void left in its place, one that would never be filled again until Jinki came back. He wanted to see him he wanted to hear his voice again. 

Taemin broke their embrace as he placed his hand on Key's shoulders,"Even though you can't see him, he's still here.", he spoke; getting choke up,"We will give you some space, so you can talk to him.".

"Thank you.", he wept, hugging Taemin and Minho goodbye as he then closed his bedroom door. "Why did you left me? Why did you break your promise?", he leaned against the door, sobs breaking free in his throat as he stared at the empty bed. He knew he was never going to get an answer but he kept on talking to him anyways. "Please come back to me. My life has no meaning without you,  I can't live without you.", he wept as he suddenly saw a bright light exude from his chest; the source being Onew's medallion. Key had forgotten that he had it on, he was shocked to see that it didn't disappear along with Jinki. He touched the medallion as the light became brighter and blinding. He sniffled opening his eyes when the light was gone. He immediately looked around the room but Jinki was no where in sight. He examined the medallion completely surprised to see that the name Onew disappeared from it; Lee Jinki was the only name that remained.

                                                     XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

When Jonghyun got home he went straight to the bedroom Jinki once occupied. He wanted to feel close to him, but nothing helped he still felt empty. He laid in bed hugging the pillow excepting his torment. He regretted telling Key that he had kissed him; the hurt in his eyes made him feel guilty. He didn't feel guilty for kissing him he felt guilty for hurting Key. He knew it was wrong to kiss Jinki since he was Key's boyfriend but he didn't regret it. He loved Jinki, he loved him more than he had ever loved anyone else. Now that he was gone his life felt meaningless and incomplete. His lungs rummaged for oxygen as he cried with his entire being, his mind creating memories that made the tears continue. He remembered how Onew's whole face lit up; full of happiness when he tried something for the first time. He was going to miss staring at his rear-view mirror to watch Jinki stick his head out the window as he drove. He missed seeing his smile, he missed everything about him. What if Key is right? What if I am to blame for him being gone, he thought. 

Jonghyun got out of bed and walked over to his bedroom window. He opened the window; letting the cold night air into his room as he looked up  at the sky. Hoping to find a shooting star so he could bring him back. "Please come back. I need you.".

                                                       XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

When Minho got home he saw his mother was up waiting for him, by the look on her face he knew he was in trouble. "You didn't have to wait up.".

"Where were you? Why didn't you answer your phone?", she asked him.

Minho knew he couldn't tell her the truth, if he did she would ask to many questions,"I went out to eat and lost track of time.".

"Why did you go out?".

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again.", he answered.

"You're grounded for a whole week.", his mother said as she got up and started walking towards her bedroom. "Clean up your mess and got to sleep you have school tomorrow.".

"Have a goodnight.".

"You too sweetie, love you.".

"Love you too.", he answered back as he then started to pick up the mess he and Jonghyun made earlier. 

He missed his friend, he felt sad and depressed knowing that he would never see him again. He was grateful to have met him; it was thanks to him that his life had change for the better and that he now had friends. He had never met anyone like Onew before he was special. Just being in his presence made you feel happy and warm. He grabbed his and Jonghyun's book bag taking it to his bedroom. Once he got to his bedroom he sat in his bed and began to cry; he couldn't believe his friend was gone. "I know you are there, and I sorry I rarely talk to you.", Minho sniffled as he began to speak to his guardian angel. "I never believe in angels, ghost and anything supernatural but Onew change the way I look at life. I guess what trying to say is I'm sorry if you're a little weirded out by this, it's a bit difficult for me too. I know it isn't right of me to ask you this since you already do a lot for me, but you are all that I got. Now that Onew is back to being like you please take care of him and tell him that I miss him. If you can help him return please do so I really miss him and I want him back.".

                                                         XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Taemin was in the kitchen making some tea for him and Key. He knew that whatever he said or whatever he did was not going to bring Onew back or make Key feel any better. He wiped away his tears he didn't want Key to see him crying, he didn't want to make things worse. After he was done preparing the tea he slowly made his way to Kibum's room making sure not to spill anything. When he got to his door he put the tray down to knock.

"Come in. It's opened.", he heard Key say.

Taemin opened the door as he then picked up the tray and walked in. "I brought you some tea.", he said as he walked in.

"Thank you.", Key said not bothering to go inside; he still stood on his balcony looking up at the sky.

Taemin placed the tray in the nightstand as he then walked up to the balcony and stood beside Key. "Are you looking for a shooting star?".

"No I'm waiting for Jinki to come back.".

Taemin didn't know what was going on with Key , but he was starting to get worried. Taemin wanted Onew to come back too he missed his friend, but even he knew it was unlikely that he would return.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm not crazy.", Key said,"I know he's coming back, he has to.".

"What makes you think that?".

"Jinki gave me his medallion.", he showed Taemin,"When I was talking to him it began to glow. The name Onew is gone but the name Lee Jinki still remains. It must mean something right it has to.".

Taemin smiled and nodded,"I think you're right I think he is going to come back. What else could it mean?". Everything Key was saying to him made perfect sense. If Onew was really gone forever the medallion would have probably disappear with him or completely stop glowing. Taemin had hope that his friend would return he wanted him to have a second chance in life. Like the one he gave him.

                                                           XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Onew looked up at the sky completely confused to where he was. The grass felt nice under his bare feet the sky was clear and the sun was shining brightly. It felt like summer even though it was winter. He was no longer in pain and his wings had fully been restore to their original state. He smiled as he spread them wide admiring their beauty for a few seconds before he took off into the clear sky. He looked down to figure out where he was; he wanted to get back to Kibum as quickly as possible but he didn't recognize where he was. Why is there just grass, and trees? Where are the houses and buildings? He thought as he picked up his speed. He kept on flying but the scenery and everything was all the same. Hi heart started beating fast as he became anxious and scared, he flew higher and faster in a panic as he tried to get home.

"Stop! Please wait.".

Onew looked around; confused to who the voice belonged to since he didn't see anyone. He flew down towards the ground hoping to find where the voice came from. As he got closer he saw another angel, he flew towards him hoping he could get some answers.

"You're Onew right?".

"Yes.", he answered a bit confused. He had never seen an angel as serious as this one, he looked even more serious than Max when he talked about the rules.

"Good you're just in time. Follow me.", the angel said as he turned around.

"Wait.", Onew reached out to him accidentally brushing his hand against his. He was completely stunned to see another angel with a squishy body just like his,"You have a squishy body too?", Onew smiled as he grabbed his hand.
 

"What are you doing?", the angel took his hand back,"It's not called a squishy body is called a human body.".

"Sorry.", Onew smiled at him,"So what's your name.".

"My name is Sehun. Stop wasting time and followed me please.".

"It was really nice meeting you and all, but I can't go with you. Kibum is waiting for me he's probably very worried by now so I should probably get going.".

"Kim Kibum isn't your human anymore. Please follow me.".

"I don't want to get reassigned I been with him since he was born and you can't separate us. I won't let you.", tears formed in Onew's eyes as he took off flying in the opposite direction. Trying to completely get away from Sehun.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be.", Sehun said as he followed close behind.

Onew flew faster and higher trying to get away from him, but it was no use. Sehun was always closed behind. He felt like he was in a small fish bowl, swimming in circles over and over again. There was no use there was no escaping it. He stopped flying putting his feet firmly on the ground as he then got on his knees and began to cry.

"Get up!", Sehun said as he stood in front of him.

"Please let me return with Kibum. I'll be a better angel I promise.", he begged,"I won't break any more rules, I'll do everything I'm suppose to do. Just let me be by his side let me return to him.".

"Sorry but you can't return to him and you are not getting reassigned.", Sehun informed him,"You are here because apparently you deserve a chance to have a human life.".

"What do you mean? Are you saying that I get to be human and be with Kibum?".

"I don't know exactly. I'm just here to welcome you and take you to where you are suppose to be.", he sighed,"So please follow me.".

Onew smiled as he happily followed Sehun. He was excited that he would be seeing Kibum soon and that he would be able to stay with him forever. Sehun waved his hand and a bright light appeared, "Follow me into the light please.".

Onew did what he was told, but instead of being with Kibum like he imagined. He still had his wings and was in a completely white room with Sehun and some other angel he obviously never seen before. 

"Take a seat please.", the other angel said as he took a book from the book shelf.

Onew sat down,  the other angel sat across from him as Sehun stood behind him. "Sehun can you please give me Onew's medallion.".

"Yunho he doesn't have one?".

"What do you mean by he doesn't have one? Every angel has one.".

"Well he doesn't. It's gone.".

Yunho sighed as he opened the book that was in his hands,"Special cases always make things more difficult.".

"Special cases?", Onew asked. All of these was really confusing to him, all he wanted to know was what he was suppose to do. So he could get back to Kibum as soon as possible.

"You got your human body, way before you were suppose to get it. That makes you a special case.", he answered as he looked through the book,"Oh my!".

"What's wrong?", Sehun asked as he walked over to Yunho and looked down at the book.

There shocked expression made Onew feel nervous as he started to wonder what was in that book and what it had to do with him. "It's everything okay?".

"Everything is fine.", Yunho answered,"It's just the first time I've ever seen an angel who had sinned before coming here.".

Based on what Yunho said he now knew that the book had stuff about him," Falling in love isn't a sin.", he defended himself.

"Calm down no one is judging you here.", he smiled at him as he took out a key from his pocket,"Take him to his new home.". Yunho gave Sehun the key as he then began to write something down on the book.

"New home? I though I was going to go back to be with Kibum.", he said as he remained seated.

"You need to do a few things here before you start your human life. We need to make sure you are completely ready before we sent you out there.", Yunho answered.

"I am ready. I have lived amongs humans before.", he stated,"Please just let me go home.".

"Sorry rules are rules.", Yunho looked up at him,"Please go with Sehun so he can take you to your temporary home.".

Onew nodded as he then got up and followed Sehun into another bright light.

"What are we doing here again?", Onew asked as he saw the same grass and trees from when he arrived. 

"Once I take you to your temporary home you will no longer have wings. This is your last chance to fly this is the last time you'll have wings.", he informed him,"Take your last flight if you wish to do so.".

Onew looked at his wings , they have always been precious to him. He loved his wings it sadden him that he will never again be able to fly and feel the nice air caress his face. But it was worth it, he was willing to give up everything to be with Kibum again. Onew stretched out his wings as he started to move them; taking off into the bright sky for one last time.

After he was done flying he came back down to meet up with Sehun again. "Is it going to hurt?".

"The process is painless.", he answered as he waved his hand one more time making a bright light appear again,"Are you ready?".

Onew nodded as he then looked at his wings for the last time before he walked into the bright light. As soon as he walked in he felt a bit dizzy like he was about to fall over.

Sehun helped him remain steady,"Don't worry about that it's normal. It should wear off in a few seconds.".

Just like Sehun said his dizziness was completely gone in a matter of seconds, he looked at where his wings used to be and they were actually gone. "Why do you still have your wings?", Onew asked.

"That doesn't have any effect on me.", he answered him as they started walking.

Jinki was completely amazed at where he was. It was an actual city, filled with actual real people,"Where are we?".

"This is were all angels who received a chance of human life stay. This is where we prepare you for what's to come.", Sehun said as he continued walking,"You see that house over there? That's your temporary home.".

Jinki nodded as he followed Sehun to were his house was. As soon as he got there Sehun handed him the keys. "You have clothes, food, everything that you'll be needing is inside. Oh and before I forget you have a roommate.".

"A roommate?".

"Yes. Special cases always have roommates.", Sehun informed him,"All your activities will start tomorrow. So please take today to relax.", he made the bright light appear again as he then walked through it and left.

He unlocked the house door as he then walked in,"Hello is anyone here?", he said as he closed the door behind him.

"I'm in the kitchen.". 

Jinki walked over to the kitchen where he saw a man about his age chopping some vegetables,"Hello.".

"Hi you must be Jinki.", he put the knife down as he walked over to him; giving him a hug,"You have no idea how long I've waited for you.", He broke their embraced as he smiled,"I'm Kyuhyun.".

"You've been waiting for me?".

"Yes.", Kyuhyun said as he went back to chopping vegetables,"Special cases like us don't get to leave this place alone. We usually go in pairs. Special cases are really rare to come by I've been waiting for five years for a special case to arrive and here you are.".

"They didn't told me any of this. I thought I was going home alone to be with Kibum.".

"Yunho and Sehun are never going to tell you everything. If they did they wouldn't be able to control us no angel in their right mind would want to be here.".

"Are you saying that I'm never going to see Kibum again?".

Kyuhyun put the knife down once again,"Wait here, I'll be right back.". When he came back he had a pencil and a writing notebook. "Here, today is one of the last day you will remember everything about your angel life. If I were you I would start writing everything you want to remember because as each day passes you will forget stuff about your previous life more and more.".

"You're lying right?". 

"No and I'll prove it to you.", he smiled,"Tell me Jinki what was your angel name.".

Jinki couldn't believe that he couldn't remember his name when he had heard it millions of times before.

"You can't remember it can you?", Kyuhyun sighed,"You know when you enter that light when your wings disappear and you feel a little dizzy. That's where it starts, once you come into this city the process of forgetting everything starts.".

"Did you write your things down? Do you have memory of your human?".

"No, I can't remember anything about it. I completely forgot everything. No one told me about what happens when you entered this place. My first day here I spend it inside relaxing and exploring.", he sighed,"I don't remember how my human looks like but I can still feel how she feels I can still sense her. That what makes me a special case. What about you? Why are you a special case?".

"I got my human body before I came here. I used to live with Kibum my human. I went to school with him. I had wonderful friends.", he said as he then began to cry.

He wiped his tears away,"Crying isn't going to get you out of this place. Stop crying and focus on writing. That way when we get out of here , we can go look for your human.".

Jinki sniffled as he wiped away his tears, as he tried to remain strong,"Your right, thank you.". He sat down by the kitchen table as he immediately began to write about Key.

                                                             XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Kai sat in the corner of the bed watching Taemin and Kibum sleep, he was confused as to where Onew was. He couldn't have disappeared forever he thought as he protected them as they slept. Suddenly he saw a bright light appear by Key's bed side. He smiled, he was excited to see that Onew had finally return, but when the light dissipated he saw that it wasn't Onew at all. "Who are you? What are you doing here?", Kai became angry as he stood in between the angel and Key.  He was willing to do anything to protect Key until Onew came back.

"I'm Woohyun. Kibum's guardian angel.", he smiled.

"No you're not. Onew is Kibum's guardian angel not you.".

"I don't know who this Onew is but Kibum is my assigned human, and I'm not going to let you or anyone stop me from protecting him.".

"You can't be Kibum's guardian angel, he already has one.", Kai insisted,"Onew has been with Kibum since he was born. I been with Taemin since he was born. Angels just don't appear out of no where after eighteen years.".

"I waited a long time to get a human. I been roaming this world assisting other angels, looking after animals and plants, Waiting to finally get a human to protect and I finally got assigned to one.", he informed him as he showed him his medallion,"Like I said before Kibum's my human and I'm not going to let you or anyone else tell me other wise.". Woohyun walked around Kai as he then laid in bed next to Kibum.

Kai knew that Woohyun was indeed Kibum's new guardian angel. He had the medallion to prove it. Only angels who protected humans had medallions. Kai felt like crying he wondered where Onew was and what happened to him. You promised me we will still see each other he thought as he held in his tears not wanting to cry in front of Woohyun, not wanting to show weakness. 

                                                             XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

Well that does it for this chapter I hope you enjoyed it. Know that Onew isn't an angel anymore, in some chapters on occasion we'll have a pov from an angel. Just like Kai had one in this chapter. Anyways please comment I really enjoy reading them and I'll see you all in the next chapter...